Vaccine Exemption Question

lstockford

5 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

The protocols are through October.

We think. Just realize everything is subject to change hour by hour until then.  That way you are not upset when/if the protocols change.  With all the lawsuits and changing rates of infection, I don't mean to scare anyone, but I do not think anything is certain until I am onboard.  And it's possible things will change during the cruise.

2 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

We think. Just realize everything is subject to change hour by hour until then.  That way you are not upset when/if the protocols change.  With all the lawsuits and changing rates of infection, I don't mean to scare anyone, but I do not think anything is certain until I am onboard.  And it's possible things will change during the cruise.

The question is on the exemption process and right now it's through October.

Hi sorry if this has been answered already. Family for sailing in September Carnival Panorama. We are all vaccinated except for my daughter who is 10 years old cannot get vaccinated. Do I need to apply for exemption for her? Or do they take that into account when we made the booking she was under age thank you advance. 

2 minutes ago, lake53 said:

Hi sorry if this has been answered already. Family for sailing in September Carnival Panorama. We are all vaccinated except for my daughter who is 10 years old cannot get vaccinated. Do I need to apply for exemption for her? Or do they take that into account when we made the booking she was under age thank you advance. 

You need to apply for the exemption. There was a link in the operational update email sent on the 19th,

Screenshot_20210728-182741_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210728-182750_Chrome.jpg

Edited by lobster1313

9 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

You need to apply for the exemption. There was a link in the operational update email sent on the 19th,

Screenshot_20210728-182741_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210728-182750_Chrome.jpg

Thank you so much! I talk to my travel agent last week and she said we are all good I tried calling Carnival but we never get an answer just wait on hold. It says we are waitlisted fingers crossed we can get on. I really appreciate you passing along that information my fault I must’ve that’s in the email or overlooked it with all the other advertisement ones. Tom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake53 said:

Thank you so much! I talk to my travel agent last week and she said we are all good I tried calling Carnival but we never get an answer just wait on hold. It says we are waitlisted fingers crossed we can get on. I really appreciate you passing along that information my fault I must’ve that’s in the email or overlooked it with all the other advertisement ones. Tom

That is a good reminder to everyone to read all emails from Carnival if you have a cruise scheduled.  I have made an email folder just for emails from Carnival so I will be sure to see every one.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, lake53 said:

It says we are waitlisted fingers crossed we can get on. 

If it says you are waitlisted then the request for exemption wasnt completed. You have to pay the balance of the cruise before the request form will work.

15 minutes ago, sailingships said:

If it says you are waitlisted then the request for exemption wasnt completed. You have to pay the balance of the cruise before the request form will work.

It’s all paid off.hmm so I’m not done yet UGH  I check the box for my daughter that  can’t get the vaccine do to herb under age and can provide a doctors note. I’ll go back and double check everything. Thank you for all the information everybody 

3 minutes ago, lake53 said:

It’s all paid off.hmm so I’m not done yet UGH  I check the box for my daughter that  can’t get the vaccine do to herb under age and can provide a doctors note. I’ll go back and double check everything. Thank you for all the information everybody 

Make sure you get your request in in time. the exemptions are going out a lot faster. Someone got theirs yesterday for the 8-14 Mardi Gras.

4 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Make sure you get your request in in time. the exemptions are going out a lot faster. Someone got theirs yesterday for the 8-14 Mardi Gras.

Ok our sailing is 9/04/21 Now fingers crossed crossed they approve my daughters request. Or does anyone do childcare on here. Lol.

43 minutes ago, lake53 said:

Ok our sailing is 9/04/21 Now fingers crossed crossed they approve my daughters request. Or does anyone do childcare on here. Lol.

There wasn't any childcare on my Horizon sailing and it probably will be the same for my September sailing.

On 7/8/2021 at 3:54 PM, asalligo said:

Same here and I will be spending my money first with whoever drops the vaccine and testing requirements sailing from Florida. People on Cruise Critic always claiming how they will not sail with unvaccinated. Of course you will and it is inevitable. The vaccine will not be required a year from now, it is just a matter of when it gets dropped at this point. 

Well it's not dropped yet so get vaccine or wait till it is!

• Like 1

I'm booked on the 8/14 Mardi Gras but they haven't even looked at my expedition request yet. Spoke with an agent today and he confirmed this and said they have up to 3 days before sailing to approve or deny you. Smh...! If I don't hear from them in a few days, I may just cancel myself since I cannot risk $1000 to be denied at the last minute. Ugh...

3 hours ago, lobster1313 said:

There wasn't any childcare on my Horizon sailing and it probably will be the same for my September sailing.

Oh no I was just kidding if my daughter doesn’t get approved for the exemption I’ll need childcare I’m still going. Lol I guess if she doesn’t get approved we will have to reschedule. Yes I’ve read only child care for kids over 12. 

3 hours ago, mommysoncruiser said:

I'm booked on the 8/14 Mardi Gras but they haven't even looked at my expedition request yet. Spoke with an agent today and he confirmed this and said they have up to 3 days before sailing to approve or deny you. Smh...! If I don't hear from them in a few days, I may just cancel myself since I cannot risk $1000 to be denied at the last minute. Ugh...

So if we’re denied we lose our money? Or do they just give us a credit for next cruise? Seems like it could be handled a better way especially for kids under 12. You know they can’t get a vaccine when they book there trip so they should automatically be included 5%. 

On 7/24/2021 at 5:37 AM, Cruisesfun65 said:

FTTF for September Panorama was canceled last night.

3 hours ago, mommysoncruiser said:

I'm booked on the 8/14 Mardi Gras but they haven't even looked at my expedition request yet. Spoke with an agent today and he confirmed this and said they have up to 3 days before sailing to approve or deny you. Smh...! If I don't hear from them in a few days, I may just cancel myself since I cannot risk $1000 to be denied at the last minute. Ugh. So  if we’re denied we lose our money? Or do they just give us a credit for next cruise? Seems like it could be handled a better way especially for kids under 12. You know they can’t get a vaccine when they book there trip so they should automatically be included 5%. 

On 7/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, asalligo said:

Same here and I will be spending my money first with whoever drops the vaccine and testing requirements sailing from Florida. People on Cruise Critic always claiming how they will not sail with unvaccinated. Of course you will and it is inevitable. The vaccine will not be required a year from now, it is just a matter of when it gets dropped at this point. 

That may be, at some point in time.  However, anyone who cruises knows there is absolutely no way to social distance on a ship and it is the last place unvaccinated folks should be currently for everyone's sake.  Given the latest upswing, it would be industry suicide for any line to allow unvaccinated aboard.   

Edited by dandeck
Spelling
  • Like 2