Vaccine Exemption Question

lstockford

13 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Were you able to do your online check-in in cruise manager? You can access it now. It was very easy.

Mine says i can't check in until 7/31. As far as when I say loose $1000s I mean that I would lose money spent for precruise things like flights, hotels, rentals, etc.

1 minute ago, mommysoncruiser said:

Mine says i can't check in until 7/31. As far as when I say loose $1000s I mean that I would lose money spent for precruise things like flights, hotels, rentals, etc.

Oh Im sorry today is for Suites/Diamonds/Platinums For the flights etc have you checked to see if they will give you your money back

Not 3 days before sailing. That is why I am hoping they will send the acceptance or denial soon rather than later. I was floored when the carnival agent said they have up to 3 days before the cruise to approve or deny.  We are are not platinum or diamond on carnival because we tend to cruise on many different cruise lines based or availability and destination. This will only be my 3rd carnival cruise and the last one was in 2014. Last cruise I was on was Royal and that was during the pandemic. It was a transatlantic and the country went into lockdown as soon as we docked. Needless to say it was a nightmare to get back to America. 

5 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Oh Im sorry today is for Suites/Diamonds/Platinums For the flights etc have you checked to see if they will give you your money back

Not 3 days before sailing. That is why I am hoping they will send the acceptance or denial soon rather than later. I was floored when the carnival agent said they have up to 3 days before the cruise to approve or deny.  We are are not platinum or diamond on carnival because we tend to cruise on many different cruise lines based or availability and destination. This will only be my 3rd carnival cruise and the last one was in 2014. Last cruise I was on was Royal and that was during the pandemic. It was a transatlantic and the country went into lockdown as soon as we docked. Needless to say it was a nightmare to get back to America. 

I apologize if this has been addressed. If my daughter exemption is not approved do we receive a future credit or refund? Then what about beverage packages purchased refund? Sorry we weren’t told about the whole exemption thing now we’re  freaking  out we leave Sept 4. We did purchase insurance but not carnivals I believe Alurse is the company our TA suggested. Thank you Tom

34 minutes ago, lake53 said:

I apologize if this has been addressed. If my daughter exemption is not approved do we receive a future credit or refund? Then what about beverage packages purchased refund? Sorry we weren’t told about the whole exemption thing now we’re  freaking  out we leave Sept 4. We did purchase insurance but not carnivals I believe Alurse is the company our TA suggested. Thank you Tom

You get a full refund on everything purchased through carnival (beverage packages, dining, shore excursions, etc.). This is per carnival not my hunch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K_e_short said:

I can also confirm that you get your Fly2Fun money back. even if it's restricted fare.

Another reason to book airfare through the cruise line programs in these uncertain times.

14 hours ago, mommysoncruiser said:

You get a full refund on everything purchased through carnival (beverage packages, dining, shore excursions, etc.). This is per carnival not my hunch.

Thank you very much

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Another reason to book airfare through the cruise line programs in these uncertain times.

I originally booked the flight because we have to fly in the day of and would like the peace of mind to know that I booked through Carnival, including the shuttle.

Now I'm happy to know that I locked in a good price for my flight and can get a refund.

I will explain that I called and spoke to someone at Carnival since the Fly2Fun restricted airfare is supposed to be non refundable but they are making exceptions for unvaccinated travellers.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:44 AM, lake53 said:

So if we’re denied we lose our money? Or do they just give us a credit for next cruise? Seems like it could be handled a better way especially for kids under 12. You know they can’t get a vaccine when they book there trip so they should automatically be included 5%. 

It's not possible.  They have no idea how many people are going to be onboard and who the exemptions will go to.  They have to know the total population of people so they can calculate the 5% number that they can allow onboard.  They don't know that until real close to departure.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

It's not possible.  They have no idea how many people are going to be onboard and who the exemptions will go to.  They have to know the total population of people so they can calculate the 5% number that they can allow onboard.  They don't know that until real close to departure.

I will also tell you that there are Canadians, adults, who are vaccinated but not recognized as being vaccinated.

I am one of those people.

I may be requesting an exemption.

There are also people who have a medical exemption or who had Covid and can't get a vaccine yet.

All to say that I would not be the one deciding who gets an exemption and who doesn't...

51 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I will also tell you that there are Canadians, adults, who are vaccinated but not recognized as being vaccinated.

There are also people who have a medical exemption or who had Covid and can't get a vaccine yet.

All to say that I would not be the one deciding who gets an exemption and who doesn't...

That has to be a tough job. I bet no one really wants it.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 4:16 PM, K_e_short said:

I heard about the Canadians and that's just wrong.  I understand AZ isn't approved for use the USA, but it's no different than J&J.  The other group getting the shaft in this are the people who have recovered and have natural immunity.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

I heard about the Canadians and that's just wrong.  I understand AZ isn't approved for use the USA, but it's no different than J&J.  The other group getting the shaft in this are the people who have recovered and have natural immunity.

There's a difference. AZ is recognized as a 2 shot vaccine with the WHO and J&J is a one shot.  It's not a great situation but the US and Canada has such a close connection there maybe some kind of deal reached with the CDC once the borders really open.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Just received my daughter's exemption approval for 9/4 MG sailing.

I am so happy to hear that they are getting the exemptions out earlier now! We sail 9/18 and hope to hear sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tcrutchf said:

I am so happy to hear that they are getting the exemptions out earlier now! We sail 9/18 and hope to hear sooner rather than later.

I’ll see you there! 40th birthday! Wooot wooot! Look for the crew dressed in all black, cause I’m told I’m supposed to be depressed or something. So, busting out the goth/emo look! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

I’ll see you there! 40th birthday! Wooot wooot! Look for the crew dressed in all black, cause I’m told I’m supposed to be depressed or something. So, busting out the goth/emo look! 

See you there! I'm going whether or not my kids get to go. I just really hope they can! We have enough adults going that we can split up the kid watching.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tcrutchf said:

The 8/28 sailing started receiving their exemptions yesterday and today 9/4 so yours should be soon.

• Like 2