September 22, 2021 first sailing out of Miami cancelled

Duke95

Unless something drops, I'm sure VV is in good shape. Just look at the other cruise lines. Even though their stock prices are well off the highs, that's not the proper metric for their health. Look at the market caps compared to pre-covid, within 90%, also cruise prices in the out years on other lines...solid.

There's always the possibility they did something financially retarded during the pandemic. Research what NCL did with L Catterton. Man that was expensive.

Always thought they could sell to Comcast/NBC/Universal. It's working for Disney. Universal is a logical fit if you ask me.

I'm  not necessarily thinking that they will go bankrupt, especially with those two huge assets already in their possession. I am more thinking that they will make decisions to keep the ships over on their side of the pond where the Virgin name really means something until next year.

Interested to see what happens in August.

• Like 1

My cruise on the Valiant Lady in January 2022 was just cancelled. I'm so happy, though, because I was able to re-book two back-to-back cruises on the Scarlet in February 2022 with the 200% cruise credit i received.  I now have a slightly longer cruise and it cost me less money.  🙂

On 7/9/2021 at 6:17 AM, Duke95 said:

I think its fair at this time to wonder about the short term viability of this product and not just the long term viability. I am going to have think hard about whether i just take a refund or take the 200%.

That was how I felt the first time my cruise was cancelled, but not the fourth.. So if all goes well, I sail late October in a nice suite, FCC and sailor loot, thanks to VV....

22 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

That was how I felt the first time my cruise was cancelled, but not the fourth.. So if all goes well, I sail late October in a nice suite, FCC and sailor loot, thanks to VV....

My fingers are crossed for you.  I've been waiting for well over a year to read your cruise review!  fwiw your posts show that you have a very balanced perspective of VV.  Despite my early excitement about VV, I'm uncertain if VV will be  a good fit for us.  I'm waiting on the reviews to help me decide.  My impression is that while you are excited to give VV a try, you are not a biased "fanboy" and will tell it like it is. 

2 minutes ago, mnocket said:

My fingers are crossed for you.  I've been waiting for well over a year to read your cruise review!  fwiw your posts show that you have a very balanced perspective of VV.  Despite my early excitement about VV, I'm uncertain if VV will be  a good fit for us.  I'm waiting on the reviews to help me decide.  My impression is that while you are excited to give VV a try, you are not a biased "fanboy" and will tell it like it is. 

You are right.. I have never cruised, and have no interest in cruising with kids, so was exicited in 2019 when I paid my VV deposit...They are incompetent when it comes to communicating with sailors and their tech sucks.. But I am willing to give the voyage a try..