Iona Dress Code

ScratchTheRat

I must admit the only jeans I've wore in evenings are smart black which are hard to distinguish from trousers.Other than that I like chinos.Having been a plumber for 40 odd years,I do like a dinner whistle rather than a boiler whistle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

There's a lot of threads about it so it seems something that people are willing to fight about, so certainly a great vlog topic!

What's a vlog?

4 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Some of my friends cruise and travel vlogs have millions of subscribers and views. It's all about quality of what you're presenting and the reasons behind it. If you go in trying to make money from it, you'll not do well, but if you offer people something they enjoy and you have a real passion for it, then it creates a good following.

I've invested in good camera equipment, sound equipment etc to create a great product. Hopefully people will like it. But for those who don't, that's fine too. 

My children follow several vlogs and the quality is often evident. Good luck. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Thankyou! First vlog will go live on Sunday hopefully, all being well.

One of the best Vlogs I follow and recently new has won awards from You Tube 

and he never asks people to subscribe (all word of mouth).  If a site is any good 

it will sell itself .

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig and you can put a fancy designer label and expensive price tag on jeans but they are still denim jeans.

I don't think anyone has said otherwise Tom. Nobody is suggesting that jeans become something else when they're expensive. People are just saying that they like to wear jeans and do not see them as not smart.

You can have very nice looking smart jeans just as easily as you can have shabby ill-fitting slacks.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Oh;. Isn't promoting things like that frowned upon by CC. Perhaps that is a good topic for  Wlog.🤔

I think your right !  Lets turn to P&O they will know what you can wear :classic_unsure:

Here are some pretty pictures off the P&O web site to save any confusion :classic_smile:

https://www.pocruises.com/what-to-wear   

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Oh;. Isn't promoting things like that frowned upon by CC. Perhaps that is a good topic for  Wlog.🤔

When they literally have a space in your profile to put a link to your cruise blog, nope! 🙂

41 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I did check the rules.

See: 

Question:  I have just started my own cruise site; can I post it here?  Answer: The answer is: it depends. If your site is a hobby site and you are chronicling your personal cruise travels, by all means share your site with our members.  However, if you have created a site with cruise reviews and forums for profit (or any other cruise-related material), please find another venue in which to advertise.

As mine is not for profit, nor does it have forums and suchlike, it's fine 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Britboys said:

A good quality vlog can be interesting and useful. The ones I don't care for are those made by 'influencers' who are in receipt of free or discounted cruises or other benefits

Yeah I agree with you on that. Mine is literally just an outlet for me to get my passion out there, hah! 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I'm just a big fan of wearing what you feel comfortable in. Some love to wear jeans, some like trousers. What other people wear doesn't affect me and my dinner in any way 

I simply can't afford designerJeans whether they are smart or not.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, majortom10 said:

You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig and you can put a fancy designer label and expensive price tag on jeans but they are still denim jeans.

Jeans get a 👎 from me on a cruise. I wear jeans to go to the supermarket, football, cinema and a casual restaurant (e.g. Prezzo) but not to a nice restaurant with smart surroundings. That said, I totally accept that they are considered entirely acceptable by P&O.

I have a feeling that the number of jeans-wearers on-board will increase somewhat on the newer, larger ships.

26 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Jeans get a 👎 from me on a cruise. I wear jeans to go to the supermarket, football, cinema and a casual restaurant (e.g. Prezzo) but not to a nice restaurant with smart surroundings. That said, I totally accept that they are considered entirely acceptable by P&O.

I have a feeling that the number of jeans-wearers on-board will increase somewhat on the newer, larger ships.

See, there we are again. "me" "I". I am not suggesting anyone change what THEY do or what THEY wear but rather that it shouldn't matter what other people choose to wear.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

See, there we are again. "me" "I". I am not suggesting anyone change what THEY do or what THEY wear but rather that it shouldn't matter what other people choose to wear.

Just stating my view. As I said, I totally accept that they are fine within the dress code.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Just stating my view. As I said, I totally accept that they are fine within the dress code.

I suspect that if you check out quite a number of the top/trendy restaurants there would be lots of Jeans' wearers.

Edited by terrierjohn

We have never sailed with P&O before, mostly Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, so quite unfamiliar with the P&O goings on and I find the whole taking umbrage/outrage about what people wear amusing....

We've sailed from the UK a few times but never really came across such views before. Is it a general P&O clientele mindset, or is it the P&O old Guard resisting progress? 😉

12 minutes ago, sammyh25 said:

We have never sailed with P&O before, mostly Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, so quite unfamiliar with the P&O goings on and I find the whole taking umbrage/outrage about what people wear amusing....

We've sailed from the UK a few times but never really came across such views before. Is it a general P&O clientele mindset, or is it the P&O old Guard resisting progress? 😉

I think you'll find the same discussions on many other boards, including Cunard, Saga and Princess.