Iona Dress Code

ScratchTheRat

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

You took the words out of my mouth.He didn't wear Primark jeans and Lidl trainers at the Whitehouse dinners he attended.

Sometimes it's a statement. " I'm 50 years old and I can still dress like a cool dude ". Impressive, or what.

43 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sometimes it's a statement. " I'm 50 years old and I can still dress like a cool dude ". Impressive, or what.

I just think he was promoting a new Jobs center.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I'm not too bothered about dress code. What bothers me is that some bloke thinks everybody should be subjected to his half falling down shorts and his vest that display his hairy armpits. I have been a wearer of Levi jeans since the 1960's and still am. But not to dinner on formal night. On NCL and Celebrity we still don't dress as slobs, but some do and that offends me ,

Hang on a bit I shave my armpits

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I have never understood the way some people equate cost with propriety. Jeans are jeans, whether they have come from Primark or Dior. Just because a pair are expensive that still doesn't make them formal wear. But I am afraid I side with Britboys. There is a kind of magical atmosphere on a ship where everyone is in evening dress, which is totally lost when you have to sit next to someone in the theatre who is in shorts and vest. I appreciate things change and on the big ships this is inevitable, which is why I see my days with P&O as numbered.

That’s exactly how I feel Sharon and I’ve been at the Black and White Ball in Carmens on Aurora and there were couples dancing in what I would wear at the beach…….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Actually I have done a marella cruise not really comparing like with like

I tend to agree with you but there is already a crossover of pax and that may well increase with P&O's new ships which, I feel, will have a more informal/casual style.

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

I tend to agree with you but there is already a crossover of pax and that may well increase with P&O's new ships which, I feel, will have a more informal/casual style.

Sorry but Marella is more like an all inclusive hotel at sea, the foods good beer very good entertainment good, atmosphere lacking in the bars but they are just small ships, P&O’S new ships are probably 3 times the size of Marella’s and about thirty years younger so again not comparing like with like

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Sorry but Marella is more like an all inclusive hotel at sea, the foods good beer very good entertainment good, atmosphere lacking in the bars but they are just small ships, P&O’S new ships are probably 3 times the size of Marella’s and about thirty years younger so again not comparing like with like

Marella's newer ships now are comparible to Aurora regarding size.Having been on both, the buffet choice and standard on Marella are now superior.The MDR's are not bad either.

28 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Marella's newer ships now are comparible to Aurora regarding size.Having been on both, the buffet choice and standard on Marella are now superior.The MDR's are not bad either.

True but I did say there new ships and the food was good, just aside we ordered a prawn cocktail starter on explorer 2 which did not include lettuce which we queried and was told not included 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bazrat said:

True but I did say there new ships and the food was good, just aside we ordered a prawn cocktail starter on explorer 2 which did not include lettuce which we queried and was told not included 

Should have read the small print.Lettuce is in the premium + salad package.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 7/10/2021 at 6:47 AM, brian1 said:

You took the words out of my mouth.He didn't wear Primark jeans and Lidl trainers at the Whitehouse dinners he attended.

Probably wore something much more discerning like Converse sneakers and Prison Blues jeans!

Edited by Denarius