* PROMOTIONAL CREDIT - Anyone?

CM1984

Hi, we have an 11-Day So Caribbean cruise booked for 11/10-11/21/2021.  Yesterday when I logged in to the HAL website, there was a new pop-up with this Promotional Credit.  I had not seen this before and am confused, no other information about it, or email from HAL.  (Our TA does provide 2 complimentary dinners, but not the Shore Excursions - so I'm not thinking this is from the TA).

When I clicked the "X" at the top right of box, it went away, and then no where to be found!  😒  BUT it is still in Navigator. 😊

Has anyone seen this, any thoughts or insights?  I thank you.  (And I do have an email in to my TA for her to help or call HAL for us)

Mimi W

HAL Promo Credit.pdf

I got this on my last booking several months ago.  It was from my HAL PCC and I was somewhat surprised (she said it was a special promotion for PCC clients).  Do not know if this is the same as yours.

6 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Did you book with the "Have it All" promotion?

I think you get 2 shore excursions up to $100 each with that promo.

No - we did not book with that promo - thanks @puppycanducruise

1 minute ago, DaveOKC said:

I got this on my last booking several months ago.  It was from my HAL PCC and I was somewhat surprised (she said it was a special promotion for PCC clients).  Do not know if this is the same as yours.

Hmmm, I booked through a TA, not PCC - thanks @DaveOKC

After seeing this thread I checked our booking which we did thru a PCC and it too shows the promotional credits..(we don't sail until October 22) It looked to me this is how HAL will handle the HIA promotions

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

After seeing this thread I checked our booking which we did thru a PCC and it too shows the promotional credits..(we don't sail until October 22) It looked to me this is how HAL will handle the HIA promotions

BUT, we don’t have the HIA promo?

5 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Neither do we and we got the $50 pp

I got these on our bookings as well but we booked with HIA.

What's odd though is that they don't match what we had in out HIA except for the dinners. We had WIFI on one, free grats on the other, and both had Beverages which are not shown.

The shore excursion credit was not part of our HIA packages but shows up - so maybe they are adding a new perk to some existing bookings! 

We have the old "Have It All" promo on our 11 day South Caribbean cruise on December 1 that we booked through my TA, and the promo credit shows on ours.

L.

promo.JPG

Edited by leerathje

I was going to write to my PCC and ask about it when I saw this 2 days ago.  My booking was supposed to have the complimentary dining but not the shore excursions so this confused me.  I asked DW to proofread my email and she remarked that there is a zero in front of the shore excursions so it does match up to our booking.  I think these are just links for booking the dining or shore excursions if available - if you click on the underlined Dining or Shore Excursions it will take you to the corresponding booking page.

• Like 6

ANSWER TO MY INQUIRY:  TA called HAL, my PROMOTIONAL CREDIT is part of the HIA promo, like someone above said..  All we have to do is pay an additional $950 and we have got it.  

What a tease..we did not take it.  Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CM1984 said:

ANSWER TO MY INQUIRY:  TA called HAL, my PROMOTIONAL CREDIT is part of the HIA promo, like someone above said..  All we have to do is pay an additional $950 and we have got it.  

Wow! marketing at it's sleazest' 

I have never seen a tease like that and we have sailing over 20 years..'

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CM1984 said:

What a tease..we did not take it.  Thanks for all the help.

I think that whoever you talked to at HAL was misinformed, as this does not make sense.  Typical for HAL, employees often make up answers to questions when they "do not know".

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 3:06 PM, Al Aboard said:

I was going to write to my PCC and ask about it when I saw this 2 days ago.  My booking was supposed to have the complimentary dining but not the shore excursions so this confused me.  I asked DW to proofread my email and she remarked that there is a zero in front of the shore excursions so it does match up to our booking.  I think these are just links for booking the dining or shore excursions if available - if you click on the underlined Dining or Shore Excursions it will take you to the corresponding booking page.

I logged on to see that I too have "0 Shore Excursions (up to $100 off each)" listed. 

Am I the only one who finds it confusing when Holland tells me what I don't have? 

I mean, do you think that they'll next put a banner up that reads you have "0 Owner's Suites reserved"?

On 7/10/2021 at 7:57 AM, DaveOKC said:

I think that whoever you talked to at HAL was misinformed, as this does not make sense.  Typical for HAL, employees often make up answers to questions when they "do not know".

My TA called them and that was the answer.  Do you think I would get anywhere if I called?  I am a person that keeps asking, so maybe I will give it a try!

I had a 1 next to each name under the promotional banner for $100 shore excursion credit.  All the shore excursions I paid for last February for our original July 10 Alaska sailing were to transfer to the new date, July 31, according to new HAL leader Gus .Nothing transferred and everything was cancelled, which meant I had to rebook.  Since a number of excursions were almost sold out I rebooked everything.  The banner said the promotional discount would be applied at check out, which should have been $500.  That did not happen.  I called HAL and was told that the $500 refund would be credited back to my card when I got onboard and to go to the shore ex department and the cancelled excursions will be credited back in 7-10  days.  We will see.  Now there is a 0 next to each name for the shore excursion $100 credit.

I was, however, able to use the dining credit to reserve the Tamarind for all 5 of us.  Strangely some of the names still have a 1 next to them and when I apply  the promotion, only the Pinnacle Grill shows up for booking.  As 5* we do get complimentary dinners at the Pinnacle.  Very strange

I also have this Shore Excursions credit when I log on. I have the promo that has drinks, dining, wifi and gratuities but not Shore Excursions. I emailed my TA on Thursday to try to get some clarification but he’s on vacation until Tuesday.

One of his colleagues got back to me and said he doesn’t see it on my reservation so he tried to call HAL to get an answer, but the phone lines were so busy that he couldn’t even get through to wait on hold.

In trying to get the credits under the new Have It All option to appear, I believe there was a "glitch" and many/most ended up with the message that they had either complimentary dining or excursion credit. I know what was included in my promos and will wait for everything to settle out. The totals have changed over the past few days - at one time I had 4 Specialty Dining credits. 

We booked early enough to get the dine around (usually one night in the Pinnacle and one in Caneletto) and it is showing 2 complimentary dining for each of us. We are also supposed to have the drink package and free wifi (social browsing). It does say 0 excursions. It that wasn’t included in our package. We don’t cruise until December (on Rotterdam) so I don’t expect to see anything show up for a few months. 

I decided to personally call HAL to inquire about the *Promotional Credit showing on my booking.  It actually was for the two dinners provided by our TA.  BUT when my TA called them, HAL told her it was part of the "Have It All".  So someone mentioned above, you get different information sometimes, depending on who you talk to.  Hmmmmm.  But now I know for sure.

And I got through to a person in less than 2 MINUTES - miracles do happen!

• Like 1

Just again checked my Rotterdam Oct booking which shows 2 promotional dining which was included along with beverage package, wifi, and daily tips. This time it connected to Pinnacle Grill to schedule day and time.  Only 2 days available dates at 5:00.  However, it requires $48 credit card payment up front which I presume will be credited on board.  I have a lot of onboard credit already and don't want to go through the possible hassle.  I'll see what happens in person.  Just an FYI.

• Like 1