Golf Shirts Ok?

2 hours ago, jjs217 said:

Agree.  Most of the time - the bags don't have to be out until well after dinner time.  There is no reason one can't throw in dressier wear at the the last minute, then set the bags out.

I am not arguing the merits of the policy...just what was told to me by the GM. I will verify and get back to you.

7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

When the dress code police pay for my ticket, they can have a say in what I wear. Until then, it's MYOB time. 

I could give two hoots what people wear and their reasoning.  I was just suggesting that to say shorts in the dining room on the last evening is okay BECAUSE the guest has to pack is a sartorially lazy excuse.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

I could give two hoots what people wear and their reasoning.  I was just suggesting that to say shorts in the dining room on the last evening is okay BECAUSE the guest has to pack is a sartorially lazy excuse.

That was Regent's reasoning, not mine. Shorts were never mentioned, only that the DC was suspended.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

That was Regent's reasoning, not mine. Shorts were never mentioned, only that the DC was suspended.

I agree that on the final night of the cruise, shorts have not been allowed after 6 PM. However, the dress code FAQ states that the dress code on the final night of the cruise is Casual. Casual is defined in the FAQ as including shorts. I think some editing by Regent is in order. 

Dave

I feel compelled to make a comment on “shorts”.

If men think they look good wearing shorts they are sadly mistaken. I don’t know why they have an obsession with them. NOT a good look.

Ok to wear poolside but in the dining venues onboard…NO!

I’ve been a personal shopper and stylist for over 20 years. Cruising with Regent since 2001. Sad to see men wearing golf shirts, short sleeve Hawaiian shirts and wrinkled kaki pants in the dining venues onboard. You’re dining in these gorgeous venues … your clothes are inappropriate.

Save them for the pool barbecue!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

If men think they look good wearing shorts they are sadly mistaken. I don’t know why they have an obsession with them. NOT a good look.

I’ve been a personal shopper and stylist for over 20 years. Cruising with Regent since 2001. Sad to see men wearing golf shirts, short sleeve Hawaiian shirts and wrinkled kaki pants in the dining venues onboard. You’re dining in these gorgeous venues … your clothes are inappropriate.

There are some very classy Hawaiian-style shirts, and I've seen many men wearing them with style!

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Before this dress code thread gets too far out of hand and follows the usual pattern, it is important to remember that while everyone is entitled to their opinion about proper dress, the only opinion that counts is Regent's opinion. If Regent's dress code allows items such as aloha shirts and golf shirts, then by definition they are appropriate to wear in the dining rooms and elsewhere on the ship. If you stick to the Regent dress code, you'll be ok.

Dave

• Like 16

46 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Before this dress code thread gets too far out of hand and follows the usual pattern, it is important to remember that while everyone is entitled to their opinion about proper dress, the only opinion that counts is Regent's opinion. If Regent's dress code allows items such as aloha shirts and golf shirts, then by definition they are appropriate to wear in the dining rooms and elsewhere on the ship. If you stick to the Regent dress code, you'll be ok.

Dave

An excellent summary - thank you!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Dave

Excellent reply.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mrstanley said:

Sorry Wendy,

Even a “classy “ Hawaiian shirt is inappropriate to wear in upscale restaurant… even on a cruise ship.

Great look for a poolside function.

Not even in Hawai'i??

• Like 1

The recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress for ladies includes a skirt, or slacks with a blouse or sweater, a pant suit or dress; slacks and a collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. 

15 minutes ago, BAMA_BOY said:

We're booked on our first RSS cruise in December (Splendor Transatlantic) so I'll jump in here with this question:  "Is a mock turtleneck shirt worn with a jacket acceptable on Regent?"

Most people don't even wear jackets...

53 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Bama Boy:

A mock turtleneck worn under a sport coat is a great look. My husband always brings a sport coat on all our cruises.

In fact all our friends do. 

I'm going to test the "look."  IF everything goes according to schedule we'll be coming off a 15-day cruise on another line and I'll definitely have been wearing that combo (mock/jacket) to dinner occasionally.  

On 7/12/2021 at 8:24 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

There are some very classy Hawaiian-style shirts, and I've seen many men wearing them with style!

On 7/12/2021 at 8:33 AM, mrstanley said:

Sorry Wendy,

Even a “classy “ Hawaiian shirt is inappropriate to wear in upscale restaurant… even on a cruise ship.

Great look for a poolside function.

When you come to Hawaii I'll take you shopping and show you some Aloha wear that you'd be proud to wear to a Wedding.  Even your own!   Oh, and make sure you bring the credit card with the high credit limit.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight. After eleven Regent cruises, I’m ok with a collared button shirt?  If that’s so, then I’m going to bring my Cholo shirts from the Cheech and Chong collection. 
Z and TB
C5BFB652-0ECB-41C4-9863-8DA2DDABF36F.gif.ba080e1acdb61a0affa3b7b5cc85852d.gif

Edited by Zqueeze1