Golf Shirts Ok?

1 hour ago, daetchief said:

When you come to Hawaii I'll take you shopping and show you some Aloha wear that you'd be proud to wear to a Wedding.  Even your own!   Oh, and make sure you bring the credit card with the high credit limit.

I agree, but most people get them at Costco or in Hawaii HiloHattie’s and they don’t look good——They aren’t going to the shops you’re going shopping!

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 1:23 PM, BAMA_BOY said:

We're booked on our first RSS cruise in December (Splendor Transatlantic) so I'll jump in here with this question:  "Is a mock turtleneck shirt worn with a jacket acceptable on Regent?"

You won’t have a problem, with the jacket you may be over dressed.

2 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

So let me get this straight. After eleven Regent cruises, I’m ok with a collared button shirt?  If that’s so, then I’m going to bring my Cholo shirts from the Cheech and Chong collection. 
Z and TB
C5BFB652-0ECB-41C4-9863-8DA2DDABF36F.gif.ba080e1acdb61a0affa3b7b5cc85852d.gif

shirt is ok, but the shoes and the music and a no no.... Natures Rhythm Trio is not doing it :-)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mrstanley said:

Bama Boy:

A mock turtleneck worn under a sport coat is a great look. My husband always brings a sport coat on all our cruises.

In fact all our friends do. 

mock turtleneck ? Ok...way to warm in my opinion....but I also know a guy who loves those and I'm always trying to figure out if it's part of his "shirt" or actually a head band.   (Try to picture it and you see what I mean )

Well, yeah. I have worn a dress "T", slacks, and a sports coat. but I rather like it. Could have dtched the coat and worn a colored polo. but I like the jacket.

Now, I couldn't do this on Regent, but on a cruise in Celebrity suites,I wore the same things but with niice, new jeans. It is allowed there. Nobody was bothered. I'm from Colorado where the general dress is jeans or shorts depending on the season. Every cruise line I have been on hates jeans, except Celebrity. And nobody looked like a bum! Here in Durango, there was an event at one of our golf clubs where coat and tie were rquired. Nobody came! I haven't worn a tie in a decade, and don't even know if the style is wide or narrow!  I don't even know where my old ties are. My wife put them somewhere - I know not where -and I don't realy care.I really hate ties.But I love my ascot. I only have one. Maybe should get more.I put one of these things on, and I look like a millionaire, regardess of whatever else I'm wearing (as long as it is something). Strange thing is that my financial advosor here tells me that  ˆdon't need to look like one because I am one -- a multi one". So if that is true, why do I have to dress in a way I dont

like? And I have been assured this is all true. I don't know. I'm just a rural Colorado man. But I can dress the way Regent requires with no problems.

16 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I agree, but most people get them at Costco or in Hawaii HiloHattie’s and they don’t look good——They aren’t going to the shops you’re going shopping!

Oh yeah, we call that Luau wear.  We don't need to see any of that beyond 50 feet of the pool.  BTW:  Hilo Hattie's [for all intentions] is no more.   We do still have the Aloha Swap Meet if you need something for Halloween...☺️

6 hours ago, daetchief said:

most people get them at Costco or in Hawaii HiloHattie’s

I don't think this is true of Regent passengers. I have always felt comfortable and well dressed in Reyn Spooner shirts, if our cruise was traveling in tropical climates.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 9:58 PM, labonnevie said:

I don't think this is true of Regent passengers. I have always felt comfortable and well dressed in Reyn Spooner shirts, if our cruise was traveling in tropical climates.

It's true of this Regent passenger. I love my aloha shirts, purchased at whatever discount joint I can find the cotton ones. There's more of us hoi polloi on Regent than people think!

• Like 5

On 7/13/2021 at 6:14 AM, gb58 said:

Not even in Hawai'i??

Aloha shirts are very appropriate almost anywhere in Hawaii, including most restaurants.  Maybe less so at Michelin star restaurants, but at many very nice ones. I also see them at some weddings, at least the ones I can see on the beach or resort gazebos, LOL.  We see a lot of wedding parties getting photographs taken on the beach. 

As Wendy and others have mentioned, there are some very nice Hawaiian shirts.  The majority of my husband's woven short sleeve shirts are Aloha style shirts, a few of them even from Costco.  I think they look fine, and I'm sure he will bring a few on a cruise if it includes tropical areas.  He probably won't wear them to dinner, though, or at least not very often.  Now that I have admitted this, I hope we can still sail on Regent.  😎

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SusieQft said:

As Wendy and others have mentioned, there are some very nice Hawaiian shirts.  The majority of my husband's woven short sleeve shirts are Aloha style shirts, a few of them even from Costco.  I think they look fine, and I'm sure he will bring a few on a cruise if it includes tropical areas.  He probably won't wear them to dinner, though, or at least not very often.  Now that I have admitted this, I hope we can still sail on Regent

My husband will wear one, depending on the weather, although he often wears a long-sleeved shirt for dinner (never a jacket.)

• Like 1

If there is ANY chance at all that you might eat with any member of the staff then you should bring at least a tie and jacket for the men and a nice dress for the ladies. Sr. crew is required to wear their black uniform and you should dress accordingly.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If there is ANY chance at all that you might eat with any member of the staff then you should bring at least a tie and jacket for the men and a nice dress for the ladies. Sr. crew is required to wear their black uniform and you should dress accordingly.

Totally agree. It is just a sign of respect.

• Like 1

Just my opinion, but when you are asked to dinner you match your host in custom and dress. When we invite them to dinner off-ship its more like shorts and t-shirts all round because that is what they wear when off-duty. 

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1

Pleeeeeeze:

Pcardad--I am in your boat on this one.  

At long last, has this particular Thread not completely worn out its useful life?  We are now down to arguing about ties!  What an imposition to have to pack a tie in with all that other luggage.   Eh gads, folks.  We will be (hopefully) soon sailing again on 5+star ships.  Gents:  Sacrifice just a little bit bit when dining with the Officers.  Take one for the Team.     

GOARMY!

40 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

……Eh gads, folks.  We will be (hopefully) soon sailing again on 5+star ships.  Gents:  Sacrifice just a little bit bit when dining with the Officers.  Take one for the Team.     

GOARMY!

Sorry too disagree.  We too look forward to sailing again on Regent for the 94 day Grand Arctic next June. But as my husband did on past Regent cruises, it will be sans tie! Like many other men who enjoy Regent,  he is retired and only wears a tie when a pallbearer at a furneral.

The sensible dress code  is one of the reasons we and many others sail on Regent. The dress code  is plainly stated on the website so I don’t why dress questions keep coming up.

DH wears a sport coat and nice shirt when we dine with one of the Officers or when I wear a dressier outfit. If a person likes dressing more formally or  likes to go with the ship’s country club casual, that is one’s choice.on Regent.

• Like 3

GOARMY: I believe our prior military service engrains in us to always consider "What's Appropriate"  and "Dress Accordingly".   And for those who are rolling your eyes, Stop It!   You're not being judged.  It all comes down to how you feel about yourself and how you want to be perceived by others.   

I was proud when some of the distinguished Gentlemen and Ladies complimented my wife and I for dressing - UP on special days such as Christmas or New Year's Dinners; or if we were going to Prime7.

You'll never see me on the golf course in my tuxedo.  You'll never see me in Ruth's Chris in my golf shirt. [After 6:00 PM]

Go Navy!

Edited by daetchief
Had to Represent - CPO for Life.
  • Like 2