QM2 Nov/Dec Schedule

pkpon

Cunard has QM2 restarting her cruises  on November 14th from Southampton then back in Southampton on December 10th and 15th.

ABP Southampton has QM2 scheduled  in Southampton on November 12th and 26th. Then December 10th, 15th and 28th.

Is it a mistake by ABP Southampton?

Interesting observation, @pkpon. Not sure what to make of it. On the face of it that's not a good sign. Naturally the ABP Southampton listings have been somewhat fluid while the ships have been in layup, but I wouldn't expect that to be the case for dates that are on current Cunard itineraries. For example, the dates for QE appear to be spot on.

I can easily see that November 12th date as being a placeholder for an extended call in Southampton by QM2 leading up to her resumption of service on November 14th. But QM2 certainly isn't supposed to be in Southampton on either November 26th or December 28th. Here's to hoping those aren't correct.

21 hours ago, pkpon said:

Cunard has QM2 restarting her cruises  on November 14th from Southampton then back in Southampton on December 10th and 15th.

ABP Southampton has QM2 scheduled  in Southampton on November 12th and 26th. Then December 10th, 15th and 28th.

Is it a mistake by ABP Southampton?

This cannot be right. I am booked on the Queen Mary 2 sailing from Brooklyn New York on Nov.21st to the Caribbean returning to New York Dec. 3rd. So there is no way it can  be in Southampton on Nov. 26th.

Has anyone heard any rumours regarding QM2 passenger levels? For the QE Staycation cruises the consensus seems to be ruduced to 1000 pax, but I not heard anything regarding our Nov 14th sailing.

We are on 12/3 from NYC arriving Southampton 12/10 and leaving then for Christmas markets for 5 days, departing Southampton on 12/15 for NYC arriving NYC on 12/22.   The dates would seem to work.   I don’t know what she does after 12/22 in NYC.   She was originally going to the Caribbean for Christmas but maybe that was changed.

The Southampton VTS (ABP Southampton) cruise ship schedule is making progress toward aligning with QM2's schedule as planned by Cunard.

QM2 is no longer listed on that schedule for Nov 26th, as we would expect since she is supposed to be in St Kitts that day.

Curiously though, QM2 is now on the Southampton schedule for Dec 29th instead of Dec 28th as previously listed. But then of course neither of those dates match Cunard's itinerary since QM2 is supposed to be in Barbados on Dec 28th and Dominica on Dec 29th.

The removal of the Nov 26th date may provide some evidence that the Southampton VTS cruise ship schedule for QM2 is still a work in progress.

This is odd. The Southampton VTS cruise ship schedule now has an entry for QM2 on Dec 3rd. Of course she is supposed to be in New York on that date. Don't know what to make of that any more than for the other entries for QM2 that were there to start this thread.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

I'm mildly concerned to see today that all of QM2's voyages for Nov/Dec 2021 are now "Sold out" on the Cunard website except for the 5-night Dutch Christmas Markets cruise (entirely within Europe) which is scheduled for December 10-15, 2021.

Now of course all those voyages could indeed be sold out. It does give me pause though to see the only QM2 voyage for Nov/Dec currently available to book is the only voyage whose dates match up with the dates for QM2 currently shown on the Southampton VTS cruise ship schedule.

2 hours ago, Pear Carr said:

We are expecting cancellation of our 26 night return trip to the Caribbean 14.11.21 and hope it is before final payment due date.  Too much uncertainty with regard to infection rates and impact on travel.

Our final payment date with the agency is next week. When is your final payment date?

21 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'm mildly concerned to see today that all of QM2's voyages for Nov/Dec 2021 are now "Sold out" on the Cunard website except for the 5-night Dutch Christmas Markets cruise (entirely within Europe) which is scheduled for December 10-15, 2021.

Now of course all those voyages could indeed be sold out. It does give me pause though to see the only QM2 voyage for Nov/Dec currently available to book is the only voyage whose dates match up with the dates for QM2 currently shown on the Southampton VTS cruise ship schedule.

I was poking around the Cunard website this morning and noticed the zero availability on QM2 itins for November and December with the exception of the Christmas markets. My thinking is that the likelihood of cancellation for that period is growing, so Cunard doesn't want to take any new bookings. We are booked on the 15 Dec WB crossing -- and so looking forward to it -- but the recent turns of the pandemic has really thrown a(nother) spanned/wrench in the works!

While I observe the same thing and share ClipperinSFO's cancellation concern, these voyages still show available on third party sites.  Also, if Cunard were anticipating cancelling, wouldn't they want to also block out the 1/3/22 TA, which still appears?

3 hours ago, 57eric said:

While I observe the same thing and share ClipperinSFO's cancellation concern, these voyages still show available on third party sites.  Also, if Cunard were anticipating cancelling, wouldn't they want to also block out the 1/3/22 TA, which still appears?

I don't envy the Cunard/Carnival UK HQ staff at all.  This has to be a nightmare for them.  So many unknowns.

Following @pkpon's OP above, I checked out the Southampton ABP site, and it still shows QM2 arrivals and departures misaligned with the published Cunard schedules, as he mentioned.  E.g. in SOU on Dec 15, but returning the Dec 29th (highly unlikely if it were continuing on the the Caribbean from NYC on the 22nd).  Could be placeholder slots only, but still...

Worth a look for all you ship geeks out there:

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

(Thanks @pkpon! )

On 7/24/2021 at 7:10 PM, FritzG said:

We're on the Nov. 21st cruise so I hope they're not cancelling or changing it.  We've had 6 cruises cancelled, and we need a cruise badly!

I am also on the Nov. 21st. cruise I agree with you I am so ready for this.

QM2's Nov 21-Dec 3, 2021 12-night Caribbean cruise out of New York is back showing availability today on the Cunard website (along with the Dec 10-15, 2021 5-night Christmas Markets cruise). The rest of her Nov-Dec 2021 schedule is still "Sold out" at the moment.

58 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

QM2's Nov 21-Dec 3, 2021 12-night Caribbean cruise out of New York is back showing availability today on the Cunard website (along with the Dec 10-15, 2021 5-night Christmas Markets cruise). The rest of her Nov-Dec 2021 schedule is still "Sold out" at the moment.

Thanks @bluemarble - it's so hard to read the tea leaves from all this!  I will feel more comfortable the crossings in Nov/Dec are going ahead when I see them available for sale. 

Two of QM2's "Sold out" Nov/Dec voyages are showing availability on a couple third party cruise booking websites. Here is what I'm seeing for availability on those voyages as of this posting.

Nov 14-Dec 3, 2021 = 19-night Westbound Crossing and Caribbean

Sheltered Balconies: 16 available

Princess Grill: 1 available

Dec 15-Dec 22, 2021 = 7-night Westbound Crossing

Sheltered Balconies: 19 available

Balconies: 32 available

Club Balconies: 3 available

Queens Grill: 6 available

Edited by bluemarble