Mendenhall Glacier taxi advice (and Sitka too please)

Hi all,

My family is nervous about getting a cab to go to Mendenhall in Juneau on our own.  Mostly, they are concerned about how we get BACK to the ship.  Is there an easy way to hail a cab or pre-arrange a pick up from the glacier back to the ship a few hours after we get dropped off?

Same question in Sitka, where we are thinking of doing the Raptor Center on our own and want to take a cab to drop us off and then maybe have some way to get back to the ship a couple of hours later.

Thanks for any advice/recommendation from those of you who have done taxi service to these 2 ports to get around.

Edited by kath00

I haven't used taxis to either of these sites, but since you haven't had a useful response and it's been a few days I suggest reposting on the Alaska Ports of Call board - your questions are specific to AK ports so the other board is both more relevant and more often visited than this one, so you're more likely to get more folks seeing your question.

FWIW, my wife and I just walked to the Raptor Centre in Sitka, among other places - the distances are not huge, it's pretty hard to get lost as there aren't exactly a lot of roads, and we had a lovely wander along some pathways through trees and beside streams where we got to see several eagles swooping around. If anyone in your group is mobility-challenged that might not be viable for you of course.