Horizon 7/10

BlerkOne

32 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

There are 1 maybe 2 dining packages. I saw one advertised in a elevator. Supposed to just ask any restaurant manager or server. $60pp (a discount of 12%). Includes 3 specialty restaurants - I guess choice of Bonsai, JiJi, Steakhouse, Cucina, Pig and Anchor. I'll ask the maitre 'd tonight.

Thats news to me!! Hope its on my ship when i sail too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

Blerkone can you report on the seating in the MDR for dinner? Looking to see if most that would be 4 are now 2 and if the large round tables of 10 are now 6? Any info on MDR would be great sailing in Sept on Horizon

I think the tables are mostly as they were. There are some large tables. I don't think there are limitations. We have a table for 4 for just us, but the maiter d' likes us. :-). There are tables for 2 that still seem too close, but may be a little farther away. In the steakhouse we asked for  little separation for our table and all they did was pull it farther away.

The unvaxed likely have some restrictions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I think the tables are mostly as they were. There are some large tables. I don't think there are limitations. We have a table for 4 for just us, but the maiter d' likes us. :-). There are tables for 2 that still seem too close, but may be a little farther away. In the steakhouse we asked for  little separation for our table and all they did was pull it farther away.

The unvaxed likely have some restrictions.

Thank you for your reply. DW and I usually like to sit at a bigger table to be able to interact with others but not so sure this time. Yes Fully Vaxed

3 hours ago, zpdw484 said:

Do they have any live music on the pool deck? Been away from carnival for a while. I remember at one point years ago they tried to do away with the pool bands. Thanks!

Good question. I don't know. Certainly DJs and last night a sort of deck party. Donkey was certainly trying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DKimmey said:

While I understand you can't see menus in advance, can you scroll back in the app in order to see what was on what day?

To share with your CC friends?

You can't stop a hacker. You can find all the menus.

1 hour ago, momin05 said:

Do they have Crown Royal at the bars?  It is no longer available to order for the room. But I am hoping it is still at the bars or my dad may never cruise again!

I'll have to make note to check.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, momin05 said:

Do they have Crown Royal at the bars?  It is no longer available to order for the room. But I am hoping it is still at the bars or my dad may never cruise again!

Yes. Also in the "duty free" store.

Popcorn for the Big Screen movies is $3.00. Perhaps because they also charge for popcorn at the Imax theater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes. Also in the "duty free" store.

Popcorn for the Big Screen movies is $3.00. Perhaps because they also charge for popcorn at the Imax theater.

Thank you so much. You are such a trooper to answer questions while on your cruise.  I have to admit, I don’t think I would be able to do it!  But we really appreciate it!

Sure hope they bring it back to order for the room.  My dad likes a bottle in his room to mix drinks. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, momin05 said:

Sure hope they bring it back to order for the room.  My dad likes a bottle in his room to mix drinks. 

Try ordering from Room Service. They sell bottles of liquor for the room.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Try ordering from Room Service. They sell bottles of liquor for the room.

Thanks. We usually order it in advance online and it is waiting in his room for him when we board. But if they don’t bring it back to the online menu before we leave in August, we will definitely try to order from room service once on board. Have a great cruise!