Horizon 7/10

BlerkOne

4 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

Blerk, mind finding out if the Alchemy Bar still does that little pay for menu with the oysters and what not? Thanks! 

I'll ask, but think they don't. Things are changing in the future, though.

• Thanks 1

Blerk, I want to thank your for your comments during your cruise. Very informative, and extremely interesting. You've give us great insight as to what to expect in the coming cruises.

I wanted to ask you. Before your cruise you posted a pdf file that, I'm gonna call, a "Health Questionnaire". I printed it out, 'just in case'. Was that thing used during your embarkation?

Has the food in the MDR changed any, quality wise? Or status quo? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Blerk, I want to thank your for your comments during your cruise. Very informative, and extremely interesting. You've give us great insight as to what to expect in the coming cruises.

I wanted to ask you. Before your cruise you posted a pdf file that, I'm gonna call, a "Health Questionnaire". I printed it out, 'just in case'. Was that thing used during your embarkation?

Has the food in the MDR changed any, quality wise? Or status quo? 

The health questionnaire was used at embarkation for our cruise. If you didn't have, you had to fill out at the port.

I think the food is likely better than our last cruise of Feb, 2020, but still Carnival food. No port of call selections, no side dish selections (although things like mashed potatoes and baked potatoes still available). I did talk with someone who was on the first cruise, late seating, and they said they didn't get their food the first night until 10pm. But things are continually improving. Limiting some choices allows for better quality control of what they offer, which is most of what was before.

Everyone is starting from scratch - everyone including passengers are rusty- not so much the ship which looks to be in very good condition. The supply chain also seems to be rusty and the ship didn't get all the provisions - Pig and Anchor ran out of pulled pork, for example. Everyday, things are better and better. Really amazing that things are as good as they are.

For the haters of dancing in the MDR, well, you will continue to be disappointed. Waiter dancing is alive and well!

I know the room service is all new, and also very good. Surprised and pleased that we have received a call after every order inquiring if everything was okay.

Okay, basketball and deck party time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

For the haters of dancing in the MDR, well, you will continue to be disappointed. Waiter dancing is alive and well!

I know the room service is all new, and also very good. Surprised and pleased that we have received a call after every order inquiring if everything was okay.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and menus.

I'm not a fan of SHOWTIME!, but different strokes for different folks.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new room service menu.  It hadn't really been modified since they added the a la carte items two or three years ago.dd  I loathe customer surveys, but I would fade that if the food were truly better.

31 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thank you for sharing your experiences and menus.

I'm not a fan of SHOWTIME!, but different strokes for different folks.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new room service menu.  It hadn't really been modified since they added the a la carte items two or three years ago.dd  I loathe customer surveys, but I would fade that if the food were truly better.

Left off servers. The room service servers are all new. The menus are the same.

room-service-breakfast.pdfroom-service-day.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Left off servers. The room service servers are all new. The menus are the same.

Thanks for the clarification and menus.  That's disappointing.  I never had a problem with the old group of servers when I bothered with RS.  Ordering Guy's on the app can't come soon enough for me!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bdever said:

Hi BlerkOne, was someone quarantined on your sailing? I heard something about it.

I don't want to hijack BlerkOne's thread but there are a lot of rumors. I am right outside the area and the only official information that I received is that it's closed because to satisfy CDC protocols.

Edited by lobster1313

6 hours ago, bdever said:

Hi BlerkOne, was someone quarantined on your sailing? I heard something about it.

Don't know or care and not going to speculate on rumors. We should be in La Romana in an hour or so.

• Like 2

Lots of photo ops by I guess local politicians and what not. I guess we are the first lage ship here since the pandemic began and people are happy to see us. We certainly were the first in Curacao yesterday, and they were appreciative. Of course, all the ship staff were/are happy to see us.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bdever said:

There is a cruise review on Redditt on a couple who sailed on the Horizon July4th week.  They did their review and causally mentioned they were both vaccinated prior to cruise and they tested positive after returning home from the cruise.  They think they could have caught the virus on the airplane or airport prior to cruise embark.  They said the day before getting off ship they begun to feel bad but did not suspect COVID.  It of course can happen will in the future.  Hopefully they will recover.  They did say they were surprised Carnival had them shoulder to shoulder in one of the restaurants on debark day (guessing it was the holding area prior to debark)  good thing most were vaccinated. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cdorval said:

Jose Cuervo available for purchase in the liquor store on ship? Cost?  Thanks ...

If it's available, it will be on the website under beverages, sodas, etc.

To clear up some things - you can order as much food as you like in the MDR - No limit.

You can still get sides like mashed potatoes or baked potato.

Food allergies? I saw a person whose job it is to assist those with food allergies.