Updated Ts & Cs for UK bookings

Those in the UK may be interested to note that Regent has updated its Terms & Conditions for bookings made in the UK.

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2021-07/RegentSevenSeasCruises_TicketContract_UK_070721.pdf

We haven't checked the small print thoroughly but the main changes, made this month, appear to be the addition of covid clauses and reference to health protocols.

Regent also seem to have given themselves more "flexibility" with regards to changes made by them and to the speed of refunds following cancellation 🤨

I assume these amendments cannot be applied retrospectively to existing bookings.

3 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

I assume these amendments cannot be applied retrospectively to existing bookings.

Don't know about UK law but in USA easily changed prior to final payment.  Even after final payment they can be changed by invoking some clause within the T&C,

edited to add the get out of jail free clause:

28. AMENDMENTS AND MODIFICATIONS

In the event amendments or modifications to this Ticket Contract are required they may be added by the Carrier by means of notification to the Guest and will be considered an enforceable part hereof, with the exception to any modifications in Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, which may be updated from time to time on Our website at www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols.

Edited by mrlevin

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 8:56 PM, flossie009 said:

On 7/10/2021 at 8:59 PM, mrlevin said:

Don't know about UK law but in USA easily changed prior to final payment.  Even after final payment they can be changed by invoking some clause within the T&C,

edited to add the get out of jail free clause:

No such clause in the UK Ts&Cs ........................ BUT ............... the new online check-in process requires the guest to sign-up to the revised contract 🤨

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2021 at 8:56 PM, flossie009 said:

Those in the UK may be interested to note that Regent has updated its Terms & Conditions for bookings made in the UK.

The Regent(UK) Ts&Cs have been updated again this month (September 2021):

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2021-09/RSSC_TicketContract_UK_092421.pdf

Not sure what further changes/updates have been made as it is difficult to check through a 14 page pdf document. It would be useful if Regent would provide a simple summary of changes each time they update these important documents.

Reference another thread discussing whether a refund or FCC is forthcoming if a guest tests positive prior to boarding, this scenario appears to be covered for UK bookings by clause 2(6) of the Ts&Cs.

Thanks you Flossie! I knew I had read about a refund somewhere, so this makes it clearer now.  

One  question though…the wording says:

You will be entitled to a future cruise credit equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, or if required by law, a refund equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, subject to Your providing verification satisfactory to Us of results of tests administered by providers other than those retained by Us.

I am wondering what “other than those retained by Us” means. If Regent tests you on embarkation and that is their test, then are they saying testing positive at embarkation by “their test” is not covered by the FCC/ refund policy.  I don’t mean to be picky…but the devil is in the details sometimes.

Thanks again