Convenience/Grocery Store near Pier 91?

shotzyok

We will be arriving very late the night before cruise and chose to stay close to SeaTac. Plan on taking shuttle to Pier 91 the next morning. Does anyone know if there is somewhere close to the Pier to buy sodas? Prefer not to lug a 12 pack on the airplane but can’t live without my Diet Dr Pepper. Lol

4 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you are sailing on HAL please be aware the carry-on policy for beverages has changed. Basically it's: No sodas, all wine pays corkage, water not in plastic bottle.

Thanks…..Cruising Carnival and according to website, they still allow carrying on sodas in cans. 

Several years ago our SeaTac hotel dropped us at the Safeway just south of the airport and then picked us with a phone call. Or, any convenience store as 1025 suggested.  There is a Whole Foods in Interbay on 15th Ave that is on the way to the cruise terminal.  You could have your transportation stop there on the way to the terminal.  

16 hours ago, shotzyok said:

We will be arriving very late the night before cruise and chose to stay close to SeaTac. Plan on taking shuttle to Pier 91 the next morning. Does anyone know if there is somewhere close to the Pier to buy sodas? Prefer not to lug a 12 pack on the airplane but can’t live without my Diet Dr Pepper. Lol

Diet Dr Pepper is not easy to find in the Pacific Northwest.

Since you will have time the morning of your cruise I would suggest you shop for your soda, or anything else you may have forgotten at that time.  Your hotel to pier transport may not be able, or want to stop and wait as you quickly shop.

9 hours ago, AZ cruise getaways said:

Note to Shotzyok...I did a little Google search and it looks like the Targets in the Seattle area have diet Dr. Pepper, at least the Northgate Mall and University Way ones did.  Hope this helps a little.

These neighborhoods (Northgate & University District) are located north of the city and the cruise docks (and way north of the airport).  If you are truly desperate to find diet Dr. Pepper, maybe try the Fred Meyer stores closer to SeaTac (Burien, Tukwila, Renton).  Be sure to ask at the front desk of your hotel for suggestions.

6 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

These neighborhoods (Northgate & University District) are located north of the city and the cruise docks (and way north of the airport).  If you are truly desperate to find diet Dr. Pepper, maybe try the Fred Meyer stores closer to SeaTac (Burien, Tukwila, Renton).  Be sure to ask at the front desk of your hotel for suggestions.

Thanks all! I’ll be checking with hotel on shuttles to surrounding grocery stores. 

On 7/11/2021 at 11:23 AM, PNW Traveler said:

Diet Dr Pepper is not easy to find in the Pacific Northwest.

Because I’m drinking it all! Actually, there does seems to be a production or distribution problem with Dr. Pepper products around here. Safeway has had a more reliable supply than other outlets. Weird. 

On 7/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, Glaciers said:

Several years ago our SeaTac hotel dropped us at the Safeway just south of the airport and then picked us with a phone call. Or, any convenience store as 1025 suggested.  There is a Whole Foods in Interbay on 15th Ave that is on the way to the cruise terminal.  You could have your transportation stop there on the way to the terminal.  

You won’t find Dr Pepper at Whole Foods.  We moor our sailboat at Elliott Bay Marina (adjacent to the cruise pier) and there are options in nearby Magnolia and Ballard, but they are not convenient.  It would definitely be “easier” to pick up your sodas at the many convenient/grocery stores available in the Sea Tac area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 10:08 AM, Glaciers said:

We had our driver take us to the Whole Foods near Pier 91 - for me I needed my fresh flowers for the cabin and the kids "needed" snacks to go with their beverages.  Easy in and out.

• Like 1