What travel insurance recommended for a Mediterranean cruise for a 68-year-old?

denny1700

Hi

I'm torn between Tin Leg Gold and Seven Corners Round Trip Elite for a 22-day trip to France, Spain and Portugal, with 12 days on a Star Clippers cruise.   I have a pre-existing medical condition and would like the Cancel for Any Reason option (due to Covid).  The Tin Leg has a better overall consumer satisfaction and is primary insurer, while Seven Corners has a better Forbes rating but is a secondary insurer.  I have Medicare.

Any experience or recommendations?

15 hours ago, denny1700 said:

Hi

I'm torn between Tin Leg Gold and Seven Corners Round Trip Elite for a 22-day trip to France, Spain and Portugal, with 12 days on a Star Clippers cruise.   I have a pre-existing medical condition and would like the Cancel for Any Reason option (due to Covid).  The Tin Leg has a better overall consumer satisfaction and is primary insurer, while Seven Corners has a better Forbes rating but is a secondary insurer.  I have Medicare.

Any experience or recommendations?

Hi Denny,

If you have a Medicare Supplement you should only get a plan with Primary medical.

Steve Dasseos

On 7/14/2021 at 1:42 AM, denny1700 said:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the recommendation.  I don't have Medicare Supplement but I'm still going to go with a primary travel insurer.

Hi Denny,

You're welcome.

I'm doing a Q & A here on CruiseCritic that you should find helpful:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2500-qa-cruise-insurance-with-the-tripinsurancestorecom-june-2021/

Steve Dasseos

Probably a little late to help, but most USA based insurance policies do NOT have coverage outside the USA. "Primary" or "secondary" doesn't make a difference because there is no other insurance that would cover you. "Secondary" means that they pay after other insurance policies, IF ANY.