Live Trip Report "Bermuda Escape" July 13,2021

Azulann

2 hours ago, Azulann said:

All cruises come to an end . We have our checked luggage outside the room  before the bewitching hour of 10 pm .

I just realized as I was frantically packing my suitcase , I vowed I would never leave a cruise and go straight to the airport . Since 2010  I always flew in  a  day early and stayed sometimes  two days after my cruise. But not this time because of the covid restrictions etc.

I am leaving lots of liquids in my stateroom in the morning!

Went to Crystal cave excursion this morning . It was fascinating . Never been in a cave before. But it was wet humid and lots of stairs. 
Then did some shopping for Bermuda shorts etc for grandkids on Front Street. 

Overall , it is the small details that Viking does so well . My favorite is the carpet in the elevators . It always brings a smile to my face ! How about you ? 

The ship and crew are excited to welcome the next group tomorrow afternoon, and say good bye to us as we leave the ship from 11 - 12 , for the airport if you have Viking Air. I am so happy I booked this cruise back in April . Looking forward to planning my next Viking cruise in 2022 or 23.

Cheers 

Patti 

Thanks for the brilliant reports.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Azulann said:

Overall , it is the small details that Viking does so well . My favorite is the carpet in the elevators . It always brings a smile to my face ! How about you ? 

Patti - There are so many of these small details, like a beautiful mosaic of experiences. Unquestionably Viking Ocean delivers the best hospitality industry experience I've ever had. Somehow each cruise with VO is better than the previous! I have three favorite things about Viking. 1) The service & interaction with the crew. 2) The ships are a destination on their own. 3) The tranquil atmosphere onboard, it's my floating Zen palace. 

Wishing you safe travels home tomorrow. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BlufftonCruisers said:

Patti, thanks so much for posting about this cruise. Wish we had met earlier on. Safe travels!

Terry & Dave

South Carolina

You are welcome. I enjoyed the live trip report and all the comments. 
Terry and Dave , wasn’t breakfast in the Restaurant so civilized the morning of debarkation? Almost ordered the grilled lamb chops , but will do that next cruise . 

glad we did met on the last morning . Safe travels to you and all your future cruises on Viking 

For all of you who have contributed to this discussion, I thank you very much! We are scheduled for an upcoming cruise and I have learned so much from following your discussions. All of the necessary COVID precautions seemed daunting but I now have it all "under control". Safe travels home and thank you again,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WanderingBrit said:

Just as an FYI: we received our final eDocs this morning for our 8/3 cruise, and the itinerary still shows tendering at St George.

Ditto ... and I reckon we'll be getting email soon about the itinerary change.

Anyway, we are Bermuda residents and do not plan on getting off the ship at all, lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, bluesea777 said:

True, however, you must wear mask when in stores, taxis, on buses, when entering restaurants, etc. When you're outside you can rip it off for a breather (high humidity here!) as long as you're not too close to other people.

Bermudians are generally co-operative when wearing masks so please respect our custom, and you'll be fine! 

In the last month we've had very few new covid cases ... and they were imported - by air from both US and UK.

Blue sea, thank you for adding that important clarification.  😊

Becki

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rjscott said:

Blue sea, thank you for adding that important clarification.  😊

Becki

Thanks, you’re welcome.

Yesterday it was said in the news that there are 5 new cases out of all the Thursday to Monday tests, and all 5 were imported. No symptoms so off to the hotel quarantine they went.

• Haha 1

I ordered the lamb chops on the last morning of our cruise!  They were delicious!   It was such a nice change from our usual continental or "box" breakfast ... we are often one of the earliest off the ship or out of the hotel on an extension.  It was a lovely luxury to have a leisurely sit down breakfast!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shinydiamond said:

Can anyone tell me if Bermuda accepts photocopies of vaccine card?  I’m putting together printed copies of the required documents for my 8/3 cruise. 

Did you do VeriFly? If not, you need to do it. It asks you for your details, mug shot (a selfie) and PDF or photo of your vaccine certificate. Once you have uploaded the latter they will verify and either approve it or not. Ours was our Bermuda Government issued and they got accepted after an hour. Both Viking and airlines use VeriFly.

Bring both photocopies and original just in case, as you'll be going thru several check-points along the way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluesea777 said:

Did you do VeriFly? If not, you need to do it. It asks you for your details, mug shot (a selfie) and PDF or photo of your vaccine certificate. Once you have uploaded the latter they will verify and either approve it or not. Ours was our Bermuda Government issued and they got accepted after an hour. Both Viking and airlines use VeriFly.

Bring both photocopies and original just in case, as you'll be going thru several check-points along the way. 

Don’t get me started on VeriFLY. I uploaded my husband and my info on my iPad. Got the message that it was approved then decided to put it on my phone which caused my account to crash. After emailing VeriFLY, I was told that I can’t use the same account for two devices and I’ll have to delete my account and start over. 

Thanks for the information. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shinydiamond said:

Can anyone tell me if Bermuda accepts photocopies of vaccine card?  I’m putting together printed copies of the required documents for my 8/3 cruise. 

I uploaded a picture of my CDC vaccination  card as part of BTA form. I also did it for Verifly too. I then carried my  CDC card in my passport case.  Never needed to take it out from the passport  case. 

I made copies of all documents  and took them with me in a folder. Anything, United, American Airline or Bermuda officials need at airport. I was ready!  It was not that bad really  once you  have everything you need  to get to the  ship.

Leaving Bermuda airport after the cruise is another story

...  then the connecting flight to home. Long day of ugly traveling but that is the price one pays to travel these days.

I now would love   someone to serve me lunch  and mix me a wonderful drink But today  I sit at my kitchen counter, making a grocery list. I have a bare refrigerator.  

Cheers to you on your Aug 3rd sailing, you are in for a real  treat!

Patti

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Gibsontravels said:

We celebrated our 50th anniversary on the July 13-20, 2021 Bermuda trip and wanted to share this photo taken from our balcony.

8EE81628-BC22-4B7C-A9B4-81C0E1121E9E.jpeg

Thank you so much for sharing  this  great picture. It is a perfect ! It is the reason I love cursing , seeing the water and sky while on a ship. 

Congratulation  on your anniversary celebration on board. 

I loved Bermuda and  our  cruise.  

Looking forward to my next , Viking Venus Oct 12-18  Malta to Barcelona. 

Hope you will be on another cruise in the future.

• Like 2