LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

17 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Also a bit underwhelmed — the main reason I want to hear from the concierge ahead of time is to book my specialty dining BEFORE we board.  I don’t want to deal with it when we embark, I want to do my muster requirements and start enjoying some cocktails.  So I’ll be asking about that regardless of what the email says.  Shows can wait, don’t really care about them so much.  Like HBCcruiser, most of my suite experience has been NCL Haven and they have been amazing.

I hear you! I just wrote a polite email, similar to what I would write to our Haven Concierge. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything back. 

• Thanks 1

@Bette And Bill, @HBCcruiser

Hello from Nassau, Bahamas! I'm in my hotel room (Holiday Inn Express) and unpacked and settled in.

Bette And Bill, the line at Bahamas immigration (at the airport) wasn't bad at all. There didn't seem to be many planes on the ground at the jet ways so the # of passengers wasn't bad. Got through immigration pretty quickly. Bahamas customs was even quicker. The customs officer just asked me if I had any currency over $10,000. I said no then she immediately said "have a nice day" and waved me through. One tip; bring a pen on the plane and have it readily accessible.  A flight attendant will give you the immigration form to fill out as you get close to landing. Make sure you also have your passport handy because the immigration form asks for your passport #.

Well, I had a little trouble getting my phone to work here in Nassau. I figured it out. I had to get on the global network. I also had to slide a button over to get my phone to send/receive data (including social media, like CC). Got that working now also. I successfully texted, so I will be able to send you guys texts with pictures.

Well, I'm kind of travel weary and I need to see if I can find some dinner. Glad to be in the Bahamas! When the plane backed away from the gate in Grand Rapids, MI, it felt like my RAOC (Retirement Activity of Choice) was getting underway.  I can't wait to get on Adventure of the Seas!

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Hello from Nassau, Bahamas! I'm in my hotel room (Holiday Inn Express) and unpacked and settled in.

Bette And Bill, the line at Bahamas immigration (at the airport) wasn't bad at all. There didn't seem to be many planes on the ground at the jet ways so the # of passengers wasn't bad. Got through immigration pretty quickly. Bahamas customs was even quicker. The customs officer just asked me if I had any currency over $10,000. I said no then she immediately said "have a nice day" and waved me through. One tip; bring a pen on the plane and have it readily accessible.  A flight attendant will give you the immigration form to fill out as you get close to landing. Make sure you also have your passport handy because the immigration form asks for your passport #.

Well, I had a little trouble getting my phone to work here in Nassau. I figured it out. I had to get on the global network. I also had to slide a button over to get my phone to send/receive data (including social media, like CC). Got that working now also. I successfully texted, so I will be able to send you guys texts with pictures.

Well, I'm kind of travel weary and I need to see if I can find some dinner. Glad to be in the Bahamas! When the plane backed away from the gate in Grand Rapids, MI, it felt like my RAOC (Retirement Activity of Choice) was getting underway.  I can't wait to get on Adventure of the Seas!

SWEET! Enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Thanks for the info. I normally do have a pen and my passport is in my purse. So we should be good. I also have a travel computer, and get free wifi at the Hilton, so hopefully all I will need my phone for the the Royal Caribbean Health survey on Friday. Does there appear to be restaurants open or are a lot of things still closed?

Enjoy your time in Nassau.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Some people were asking about the all-inclusive resort in Freeport called The Grand Lucayan. It is actually the resort RCI wants to purchase. A review of the resort can be found HERE

We are going to try this out. The Royal excursions seemed Meh. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.15.54 AM.jpeg

I have been here a few years ago. It's okay, but nothing too fancy. Okay everything.

10 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

SWEET! Enjoy. 

Thanks! Good morning from Nassau! I slept pretty well last night. It must've been the travel weariness but more likely, it was those "free" Jack & Cokes on the planes, lol. I smell a beach day for me today. Also, I need to try the local Bahamian beer (I forget the name at the moment). Btw, the exchange rate is 1 to 1 here. I got a Bahamian $10 bill yesterday as change (I ordered food delivered to my hotel from Pizza Hut - too tired to go out last night. See above, lol.) so it = $ 10 U.S.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bette And Bill said:

Thanks for the info. I normally do have a pen and my passport is in my purse. So we should be good. I also have a travel computer, and get free wifi at the Hilton, so hopefully all I will need my phone for the the Royal Caribbean Health survey on Friday. Does there appear to be restaurants open or are a lot of things still closed?

Thanks. Coming in last evening I couldn't tell if the restaurants/bars were open from the taxi ($40 taxi ride from the airport to my hotel in downtown Nassau btw. Ouch!). I'll report back to you later today as I'm sure I'll find a local "watering hole" sometime, somewhere, lol. One thing I did notice though, we drove by a "strip" of bars/restaraunts near downtown Nassau and they all were very "touristy" ( i.e. pirate themed, etc). I'm sure there are local "watering holes" but they are probably off the beaten path.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Thanks. Coming in last evening I couldn't tell if the restaurants/bars were open from the taxi ($40 taxi ride from the airport to my hotel in downtown Nassau btw. Ouch!). I'll report back to you later today as I'm sure I'll find a local "watering hole" sometime, somewhere, lol. One thing I did notice though, we drove by a "strip" of bars/restaraunts near downtown Nassau and they all were very "touristy" ( i.e. pirate themed, etc). I'm sure there are local "watering holes" but they are probably off the beaten path.

I’m glad you made it safely. Keep staking things out! I’m still waiting for my test results. 😣 Hopefully I’ll be there soon to enjoy drink#1 with you. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sunshinetricia said:

Malin & Goetz-- does anyone know if this is good stuff? I often bring my own when I travel but if this good, I won't bother. I have a feeling I will already be overpacking!

Malin & Goetz products are in Delta Sky Clubs and some higher-end hotel brands. I personally think they're very good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

It looks much nicer than the beach resort Royal was offering for their shore excursion.

If it means anything, I won’t go back there.

11 hours ago, Bette And Bill said:

Bon Voyage Bette

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’m glad you made it safely. Keep staking things out! I’m still waiting for my test results. 😣 Hopefully I’ll be there soon to enjoy drink#1 with you. 

Thanks! Yeah, I just need to find a cheaper taxi co. here (no Uber or Lyft here). The taxi cost me $40 yesterday from the airport to the HI Express in downtown Nassau. Ouch!

Sorry about the delay in getting your test result. Hopefully, you'll get it today (fingers still crossed for you ). Looking forward to that drink with you (& your family, of legal age of course, lol.). Isn't your oldest daughter 21? My oldest son (Ryan) is 23 and my youngest son (Colin) will turn 21 on Aug 21st. I look forward to the day when I have beer with both my sons. Kind of hard to get us together though because Ryan goes to Washington State (Pullman, Wa) and Colin goes to Univ of Arizona (Tucson, Az). 

9 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Thanks! Yeah, I just need to find a cheaper taxi co. here (no Uber or Lyft here). The taxi cost me $40 yesterday from the airport to the HI Express in downtown Nassau. Ouch!

Sorry about the delay in getting your test result. Hopefully, you'll get it today (fingers still crossed for you ). Looking forward to that drink with you (& your family, of legal age of course, lol.). Isn't your oldest daughter 21? My oldest son (Ryan) is 23 and my youngest son (Colin) will turn 21 on Aug 21st. I look forward to the day when I have beer with both my sons. Kind of hard to get us together though because Ryan goes to Washington State (Pullman, Wa) and Colin goes to Univ of Arizona (Tucson, Az). 

Keep positive thoughts for me! 🙏🙏

My one daughter is 22 the other and her friend are 19. Drinking age in the Bahamas is 18. We travel to Mexico a lot too where the drinking age is 18. I’d rather them learn how to drink safely when their parents are around. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Keep positive thoughts for me! 🙏🙏

My one daughter is 22 the other and her friend are 19. Drinking age in the Bahamas is 18. We travel to Mexico a lot too where the drinking age is 18. I’d rather them learn how to drink safely when their parents are around. 

Agree totally. Wow, I didn't know the legal drinking age was still 18 here in the Bahamas & in Mexico. No wonder college kids flock to these 2 places for spring break! Back in the day when I went to college, the U.S. drinking age was still 18. I'm surprised I made it through college, lol.

• Haha 1

I heard back from the concierge! What a gem!! She answered all of my questions, made our dining reservations and told me to expect about 40% (1100) passengers on this sailing. SWEET! I told her more folks might be reaching out to her. 5AE3D1D1-80FA-45FA-9339-D7C55D45AD6C.thumb.jpeg.d6cde470596c2a64e23594d833ab20f9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

I heard back from the concierge! What a gem!! She answered all of my questions, made our dining reservations and told me to expect about 40% (1100) passengers on this sailing. SWEET! I told her more folks might be reaching out to her. 5AE3D1D1-80FA-45FA-9339-D7C55D45AD6C.thumb.jpeg.d6cde470596c2a64e23594d833ab20f9.jpeg

Thanks for posting these communications with the Concierge. Can you post (or e-mail me) her e-mail address? I need to get my fixed dining time changed from 5:30 pm to Any or My Time Dining (forgot what RCI calls it, lol).

P.S. she addressed you as Dr. Tiffany. None of my business but are you a Dr.? You don't have to answer that, lol.

Edited by MorganClark

To all Grand+ Suite Guests who HAVE NOT received the Concierge Email, the AS Concierge, Jennie Pasamba, told me that she is getting a lot of emails from people who did not receive her initial email. Please be patient with her. She will respond as soon as possible. 

Just now, MorganClark said:

Thanks for posting these communications with the Concierge. Can you post (or e-mail me) his/her e-mail address? I need to get my fixed dining time changed from 5:30 pm to Any or My Time Dining (forgot what RCI calls it, lol).

P.S. he/she addressed you as Dr. Tiffany. None of my business but are you a Dr.? You don't have to answer that, lol.

Her email will only assist you if you are in a Grand Suite or above. She is the suite concierge. 

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

I'm so glad to see you getting good responses from the Concierge!

I'm perplexed about capacity. She is saying 1100 passengers at 40%. If double occupancy on the ship capacity is 3100 (according to the RC website), that would still only be 35% capacity. And only 29% of the maximum (which they say is 3800). 

Not that percentage matters more than the number of people. But I wonder if they are bumping up a little more each week to get closer to at least 50%? Either way, 1100 still seems really low and a great opportunity to enjoy the ship and Coco Cay!

• Like 3