LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

I’m officially on vacation! Getting nails done, packing the. Pre-cruise dinner tomorrow! Still no test results, but I’m going. I’m betting my work PCR test gets results before the lost CVS one. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

We have a winner! (already. That was quick). Are you on our cruise? If yes, I owe you a beer. Btw, no fair if you used Marine Link.

I did not use any ship tracker. There are only two RCI ships sailing the Bahamas and Caribbean right now.😉You are off the hook though since I'm not in the cruise.😇

• Like 2

STATUS REPORT: Does it get any better than this? Here I am, in the Bahamas,  about to board a cruise ship Sat and now sitting at an outdoor bar (The Green Parrot), cool Bahamas breeze, watching Game 4 of the NBA Finals (Go Bucks!), big speakers blaring the Beastie Boys song "You gotta fight for your right to....paaaarrty" (except against the tanned, muscular female MMA fighter that shadow boxes on the beach listening to the Rocky theme) and drinking Jack & Coke. Yes, I think I made the correct choice for my "RAOC" (Retirement Activity Of Choice); cruising!

Edited by MorganClark

10 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’m officially on vacation! Getting nails done, packing the. Pre-cruise dinner tomorrow! Still no test results, but I’m going. I’m betting my work PCR test gets results before the lost CVS one. 

Best of luck! I tell you what, I'll charge the bridge and hold the ship for you until you get your test results. On second thought, that may not be such a good idea in this post- 9/11 world. Belay my last. <- (pirate lingo fully intended).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you don't figure out the picture posting I'll help you out. I'm not following this whole cruise with no pictures.😊 But I can't do it tonight, it's bedtime. One of us has to work tomorrow. I suppose you can figure out which of us on your own.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I did not use any ship tracker. There are only two RCI ships sailing the Bahamas and Caribbean right now.😉You are off the hook though since I'm not in the cruise.😇

Whew! I don't know if my drink package could take the hit (1 beer).

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you don't figure out the picture posting I'll help you out. I'm not following this whole cruise with no pictures.😊 But I can't do it tonight, it's bedtime. One of us has to work tomorrow. I suppose you can figure out which of us on your own.😉

Roger that. Btw, what is this thing you call "work"? 😉

8 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Best of luck! I tell you what, I'll charge the bridge and hold the ship for you until you get your test results. On second thought, that may not be such a good idea in this post- 9/11 world. Belay my last. <- (pirate lingo fully intended).

I a, guessing that I can also call the RCI help line and get a rapid PCR there in Nassau if needed. I just got a call from the CVS RN. Very nice woman. They can’t influence the labs - I get that - so it’s just a wait and see. Next cruise, if a PCR is needed I plan on doing several tests! One should give results on time! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

I a, guessing that I can also call the RCI help line and get a rapid PCR there in Nassau if needed. I just got a call from the CVS RN. Very nice woman. They can’t influence the labs - I get that - so it’s just a wait and see. Next cruise, if a PCR is needed I plan on doing several tests! One should give results on time! 

I feel very fortunate. I just happened to be having an appt with my PCP and I told him about the cruise and the covid pcr test requirement to board. He set up a time with my health care lab (The Pavillion) and they did the test. I don't think I even got charged.

• Like 1

Just now, MorganClark said:

I feel very fortunate. I just happened to be having an appt with my PCP and I told him about the cruise and the covid pcr test requirement to board. He set up a time with my health care lab (The Pavillion) and they did the test. I don't think I even got charged.

Most insurances cover it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Please do. My phone went wonky on me.

Its easy to post pictures. However, use a bowser and the CC website to get on CC, not the CC app.

Click on reply to this thread.

Bottom left of that window click on add files.

Find the file or photo on your phone that you want to post and click on it.

You might, or might not, have to click on a little + sign in the little window that opens containing your photo.

Then just click on submit reply. Its easy. If you have trouble let me know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Its easy to post pictures. However, use a bowser and the CC website to get on CC, not the CC app.

Click on reply to this thread.

Bottom left of that window click on add files.

Find the file or photo on your phone that you want to post and click on it.

You might, or might not, have to click on a little + sign in the little window that opens containing your photo.

Then just click on submit reply. Its easy. If you have trouble let me know.

Thanks! I'll re-read this tomorrow after the Jack & Cokes wear off.

• Like 1