LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

42 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

What is this thing "vacation time"? 😉 Hang in there Dave, retirement comes in a "blink of an eye" and you'll be retired (and doing all the cruising you want) before you know it. That's what it felt like for me.

Ocean Cay, you're probably referring to MSC? Meraviglia? Does MSC have studio cabins?

Your granddaughters will be going to UO, University of Oregon? If it's Oregon, my younger son started out there but then transferred to Univ of Arizona. My oldest son goes to Washington State Univ.

Thanks.  My retirement is not based on a specific date, it’s based on a very complicated spreadsheet that shows when I’ll have enough money to live how I’ll want without ever worrying about running out.

Yes, I was speaking of Meraviglia.  My favorite cruise discount notification website showed that they were offering deep discounts for balcony cabins for solos for the 8/6 cruise.  When I looked at all the cruises for August, they were all deeply discounted.

My trip with the DD’s is to Universal Orlando (UO).  I am so used to abbreviating that one on the theme park boards, I should spell that one out on here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Thanks.  My retirement is not based on a specific date, it’s based on a very complicated spreadsheet that shows when I’ll have enough money to live how I’ll want without ever worrying about running out.

Yes, I was speaking of Meraviglia.  My favorite cruise discount notification website showed that they were offering deep discounts for balcony cabins for solos for the 8/6 cruise.  When I looked at all the cruises for August, they were all deeply discounted.

My trip with the DD’s is to Universal Orlando (UO).  I am so used to abbreviating that one on the theme park boards, I should spell that one out on here.

Thanks. If you need help with those spreadsheets, check with @Sailing12Away, she's the "Queen of the Spreadsheets". I booked at least 2 cruises off of one of her spreadsheets.

I'll have to take a look at those MSC discounts in August. MSC is "on my radar" <-(electronic navigation pun fully intended) to try & I think they have beautiful ships.

UO, lol. Since you said in Sept, I thought you were taking them off to college, lol. I'm sure they'd rather go to Universal Orlando. As a matter of fact, I've got a visit to UO planned in to one of my pre-cruises for a cruise out of Port Canaveral (have to fly into Orlando anyway).

Who knows, if one of those MSC discounted cruises in August is too good to pass up, maybe you &  I could jump on the same ship to form an impromptu RP cruise! 

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Hey Dave,

I looked at the MSC website and the August cruises on Meraviglia look very tempting. MSC has a promo for a free upgrade from an interior to a balcony stateroom. I smell a potential RP cruise! I think we could get a couple more "fury little animals" on board.

Oh, also, on one of the cruises the ship overnights at Ocean Cay, MSC's private island (nice).

Let's discuss some details (i.e. what dates you were looking at, etc). Please shoot me an e-mail at;  martycp60@gmail.com

As Tony of La Lido Loca would say; "thanks in advance".

Edited by MorganClark

Did you guys see this? I guess 6 passengers tested positive for COVID this week - right after our cruise. Luckily, we had zero cases on our cruise. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/07/30/royal-caribbean-cruise-6-passengers-sent-home-after-covid-positive/5427475001/?fbclid=IwAR03-GMAoxMpKynkHVpOOVZKuDmSUa_fHyKxQPXZ0NzaXqcbuRuFt5S664A

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Did you guys see this? I guess 6 passengers tested positive for COVID this week - right after our cruise. Luckily, we had zero cases on our cruise. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/07/30/royal-caribbean-cruise-6-passengers-sent-home-after-covid-positive/5427475001/?fbclid=IwAR03-GMAoxMpKynkHVpOOVZKuDmSUa_fHyKxQPXZ0NzaXqcbuRuFt5S664A

No, this is the first I've seen this news. But, it doesn't surprise me. I previously posted that the vaccine is not going to completely prevent a few cases here and there of covid-19, even in vaccinated people. It's how the cruise line responds is what matters. It looks like RCI did a great job handling the cases (contact tracing, etc) and even flew the guests home via private charter at RCI's expense. And, the rest of the cruise is proceeding uninterrupted. I'm good with these protocols & responses. Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

Just now, Akina13 said:

question for my fellow cruisers 🙂

double points - did you guys already get them? I saw they added our regular points to my C&A but not the double points. Wondering if I need to call in.

I did - actually we got 28 points posted yesterday! 7X4 for being in a suite - SWEET! 

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 12:16 PM, dswallow said:

Until the captain makes the announcement about it onboard.

Which he wouldn't have had to do if it wasn't already in the news. The announcement merely confirmed what was in the news article. He didn't mention that the close contacts remained in quarantine due to Bahamas rules or that they had to be tested multiple times.  That wasn't in the news article

Edited by smokeybandit

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I had a cruise booked I'd be getting a refund.

The only reason we decided to take two flights on AA to sail out of Nassau was the prospect of no masking..otherwise...why risk getting Covid on a flight..when you can drive to Florida.... we are getting a refund... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kearney said:

The only reason we decided to take two flights on AA to sail out of Nassau was the prospect of no masking..otherwise...why risk getting Covid on a flight..when you can drive to Florida.... we are getting a refund... 

I am on Adventure right now, 7/31 sailing. I agree with this. With the mask mandate, I wouldn’t have made the trip to Nassau. This was an expensive flight. No advantage to going out of Nassau and cheaper to go out of Florida.

Edited by umaine89
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, umaine89 said:

I am on Adventure right now, 7/31 sailing. I agree with this. With the mask mandate, I wouldn’t have made the trip to Nassau. This was an expensive flight. No advantage to going out of Nassau and cheaper to go out of Florida.

I definitely wouldn't go out of Florida as an alternative. There's almost no question that you need to wear a mask with that passenger mix.

9 hours ago, dswallow said:

I definitely wouldn't go out of Florida as an alternative. There's almost no question that you need to wear a mask with that passenger mix.

I think his point was that..if you had to deal with wearing masks...why go to Nassau when you can go through that hassle closer to home.... Are there ships sailing out of other ports not requiring masks as of now (cause we know that could change tomorrow)