meet and mingle

PreciousPrettyP

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 3:42 PM, PreciousPrettyP said:

Is there a meet and mingle and where do I sign up.  I have been having a heck of a time to find this.  I just go in a loop.  Thanks.

Frustrated Pat

Hi Pat...I am having the same problem...want to sign-up for the Meet and Mingle for EDGE Mar 28, 2022 cruise BUT cannot find where to do so...I keep following a link, but it then says this link does not exist.   Yibes. Have you had any success in finding how to sign-up?

On 7/12/2021 at 2:42 PM, PreciousPrettyP said:

Is there a meet and mingle and where do I sign up.  I have been having a heck of a time to find this.  I just go in a loop.  Thanks.

Frustrated Pat

On 8/7/2021 at 5:17 PM, robenv said:

Hi Pat...I am having the same problem...want to sign-up for the Meet and Mingle for EDGE Mar 28, 2022 cruise BUT cannot find where to do so...I keep following a link, but it then says this link does not exist.   Yibes. Have you had any success in finding how to sign-up?

Howdy y'all!  emo22.gif

From the Meet & Mingle page on Cruise Critic:

image.png.482d40c15bb395e55db202d6e61c3b37.png

I hope this will be helpful! emo34.gif 

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Do I recall correctly that CC dropped these events due to CoVID?  Trying to remember the explanation that was going around.  Safest place a group could meet right now would be an X ship, but hey ...

Cruise Critic did not "drop" the events. It is an official partnership between Cruise Critic & some of the various cruise lines.

Per the Guidelines: "... We are not sponsored by any cruise line. Like most websites, we do accept advertising and, at times, partner with cruise lines for contests, events (such as Meet & Mingle parties)..." 

It is best to just put the official parties on hold for awhile until all Cruise Critic Roll Call members can gather together safely again at official parties hosted by the official partnership cruise lines. If the Roll Call members want to gather on their own during their cruise at sailaway or some other mutually decided time & place, they are welcome to do that if they want. And as for the unofficial partnership cruise line Meet & Mingle arrangements, you would need to contact them for their present go-no-go status. See below from the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle page:

image.png.194ab93fe2e38f0c9896feeab28d7af4.png

BTW, the embedded links in my snipping tool example above and the one in my prior post will work for you if you click here Meet & Mingle for the Cruise Critic page and then click them on that page.

If not CC, then it was it Celebrity that decided to call a hiatus for CC gatherings due to CoVID?  What you quoted is what I now recall seeing before, which seemed to me at the time to indicate that CoVID was the reason being provided. 

"It is best to just put the official parties on hold for awhile until all Cruise Critic Roll Call members can gather together safely again at official parties hosted by the official partnership cruise lines."

At the time, we had a CC roll call going of over 100 for a TA that was cancelled.  Biggest one I've ever been party to.

Edited by canderson