Queen Elizabeth Theatre

Minnie29

On Gala nights there is a charge, but you get a glass of fizz and something to nibble.

The concierge will arrange the booking. The concierge has a desk in the Grill Lounge, but check the times that they operate.

On all other nights it's just first come first served.

We went and sat in one one night - we knew where the "secret stair" was because it was directly on the route to our inside cabin on deck 1. I wouldn't pay for one - there are better seats in the house 

P1090061.JPG

we did this on Victoria a few years ago. Got some champagne, some chocolates and (I think) some canapes. It was lovely but like Lankylad says, the screen is in your eyeline.  Will stick with the main house next time.  

We’ve sat in them a couple if times but find the top of the glass is at “eye level” so its not a great view IMHO

Id suggest you sit there for a lecture (no reservations needed) and see what you think before trying a show

• Like 2

One afternoon, we sat in a box to watch a film which, looking through the screen was quite blurred and distorted, so we moved to another seat. I can appreciate 'the occasion' of it but glad I tried it out first, IMHO it wouldn't be worth it.

We have never used them we went once to look at them during the day and didnt like the glass screen or the view of the stage so we never went in one even when free and certainly wouldnt pay for one. We thought there better seats with a better view in the main theatre.

There is a charge on Gala night for those boxes that are part of the program. You meet in an area behind the box and champagne and chocolates are served. There is also a bottle of good champagne in the box when you are taken there. 

15 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

There is a charge on Gala night for those boxes that are part of the program. You meet in an area behind the box and champagne and chocolates are served. There is also a bottle of good champagne in the box when you are taken there. 

If I remember correctly, it's actually a half bottle.