Cruises from Boston and New York to Bermuda resume on Crystal

Charles4515

42 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Such great news!  Hopefully on a fully vaccinated  cruise no tests will be required.

Vikings cruises already operating in Bermuda  are fully vaccinated but Bermuda still requires testing.

Bermuda has very strict entry requirements.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Two nights in Dockyard. The itineraries are up on Crystal's website.

Frankly it's a smart move by Crystal. It's going to expose two major markets to their ships on trips that are short enough to court younger professionals. Their usual voyages tend to be longer and require a lot of flying. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 11:14 AM, njhorseman said:

Vikings cruises already operating in Bermuda  are fully vaccinated but Bermuda still requires testing.

Bermuda has very strict entry requirements.

Having just returned from the  Viking Orion Bermuda cruise, I  wonder how the government of Bermuda will handle  cruise  ship passengers for two days on the island  when it comes to  testing for covid?

These sailing are not home-porting in Bermuda , but just a two day port of call. 

Meanwhile Viking will continue their  cruises  around Bermuda through mid Sept currently. 

5 hours ago, Azulann said:

I  wonder how the government of Bermuda will handle  cruise  ship passengers for two days on the island  when it comes to  testing for covid?

These sailing are not home-porting in Bermuda , but just a two day port of call. 

I'm not 100% sure but will report back-- looking at booking one of the Crystal trips coming up. I'm sure they will let me know before pulling the trigger on it. My guess is there will be some testing that happens prior to arrival and of course showing proof of vaccination. Will report back once I get that info.

Looked into the Viking trips but I just can't bring myself to do one-- if I'm going to fly to and from and spend that much time there I would rather just be in a hotel ashore. The sea days and departing/arriving close to home without having to fly are the attraction with Crystal. 

I am in Bermuda right now (I flew in, not from a cruise), and saw the Viking Orion both in Hamilton where I am staying and at the Dockyard.  I can't figure out why someone would want to do this cruise unless they really enjoy Viking ships.  Transportation is easy in Bermuda.

I have never been here, but it seems kind of dead to me.  There are visitors in town, but not to the extent that they are used to.  Some shops are closed, the dockyard is pretty much deserted.  If you want to do a tour, book it in advance, I hardly found any to do with only a couple of days notice.

1 hour ago, epanchenko said:

I am in Bermuda right now (I flew in, not from a cruise), and saw the Viking Orion both in Hamilton where I am staying and at the Dockyard.  I can't figure out why someone would want to do this cruise unless they really enjoy Viking ships.  Transportation is easy in Bermuda.

I agree. I would just fly in.