Azamara Journey new itineraries

islandwoman

Does anyone have any ideas about where Azamara Journey will be sailing in March and April of 2022?  I was on two cruises those months that were cancelled and would like to begin making new plans. 

We had 2 b2b cruises canceled for May 2022 also. I read, not sure where, that the Journey will be in Mediterranean,  Canary and Azore islands from October 2022 to December....When I called Azamara,  they told me to expect the the iternaries out within the next month or 2.

I’ve just seen on a Facebook post that Journey’s Canaries itineraries will be announced to Travel partners on Thursday afternoon. So hopefully they should be released quite soon after, hopefully might feature New Year’s Eve in Madeira for the fireworks - might even be tempted if the price is right. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2021 at 7:31 AM, Riocca said:

I’ve just seen on a Facebook post that Journey’s Canaries itineraries will be announced to Travel partners on Thursday afternoon. So hopefully they should be released quite soon after, hopefully might feature New Year’s Eve in Madeira for the fireworks - might even be tempted if the price is right. 

Was there any mention of new itineraries for Pursuit being announced?

15 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

This is what was sent with the last round of cancellations. No mention of Pursuit.

We're excited to resume sailing again starting with Azamara Quest in Greece as planned starting August 28th, 2021. Shortly after Azamara Quest completes her Mediterranean season, she will head to the Caribbean as scheduled for three back-to-back Caribbean sailings, followed by a new selection of 2022 Caribbean sailings. The Azamara Journey will begin her Mediterranean season on October 13, 2021, as expected and will remain there through the Winter with a new selection of sailings to the Canary Islands, Greece and more. We are still finalizing these new itineraries, but we expect them to be available for sale in late July.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

This is what was sent with the last round of cancellations. No mention of Pursuit.

We're excited to resume sailing again starting with Azamara Quest in Greece as planned starting August 28th, 2021. Shortly after Azamara Quest completes her Mediterranean season, she will head to the Caribbean as scheduled for three back-to-back Caribbean sailings, followed by a new selection of 2022 Caribbean sailings. The Azamara Journey will begin her Mediterranean season on October 13, 2021, as expected and will remain there through the Winter with a new selection of sailings to the Canary Islands, Greece and more. We are still finalizing these new itineraries, but we expect them to be available for sale in late July.

Yes, I had seen that on Azamara website - which is why I asked a if maybe the FB post for travel partners  to which Riocca referred had some clue about what is happening with Pursuit. The Nov 6 and Nov 21 Pursuit have not been cancelled- yet! 
I saw that Journey and Quest have been “turned” in Glasgow for maintainance and recertification of lifeboats before leaving Glasgow- no mention of Pursuit. 

2 hours ago, floridafolks said:

No the webinar is just about Journeys winter itineraries in the Canaries. Given all the likely restrictions it could be that they’re finding it difficult to find enough suitable winter itineraries. Quest should be ok in the Caribbean with enough islands open to tourists although competition is going to be tough. The med in the winter is not popular and the weather can be cold and unpredictable. However the Canaries are usually good for winter sunshine although a bit limited on ports and again competition will be stiff, a number of cruise lines already have their Canaries itineraries on sale.

I would be at a loss as to what they could offer on Pursuit, maybe Northern Light itineraries in Norway, always popular.

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

No the webinar is just about Journeys winter itineraries in the Canaries. Given all the likely restrictions it could be that they’re finding it difficult to find enough suitable winter itineraries. Quest should be ok in the Caribbean with enough islands open to tourists although competition is going to be tough. The med in the winter is not popular and the weather can be cold and unpredictable. However the Canaries are usually good for winter sunshine although a bit limited on ports and again competition will be stiff, a number of cruise lines already have their Canaries itineraries on sale.

I would be at a loss as to what they could offer on Pursuit, maybe Northern Light itineraries in Norway, always popular.

We are on the Quest Dec. 23 cruise.  One port may have 13,000 cruise passengers.  A good stay on ship day!

39 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We are on the Quest Dec. 23 cruise.  One port may have 13,000 cruise passengers.  A good stay on ship day!

Not going to be easy in the Caribbean this winter, saying that I remember arriving at Grand Cayman on a half day stop counting the number of ships already there and working out that was over 20,000 passengers. We enjoyed a quiet day on the ship!

• Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 12:31 PM, Riocca said:

Looks like the webinar has been cancelled, we might need to wait a bit longer 🙁

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

How do you get on the list for notices about Azamara's webinars?

The information is for Azamara’s travel partners (Travel Agents) which by the way I’m not, however I am Facebook friends with someone who broadcasts the information. In other words I occasionally see little bits of information that I probably shouldn’t, it’s all non sensitive stuff as the real information would be in the webinar it’s self.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Journey's new itineraries are available on the website.

Looks likecurrently a big gap between Oct 13 and Nov 30 sailings. Our Pursuit Nov 6 and Nov21 have disappeared- could they be moving them over to Journey to fill gap?

I thought I remembered a charter on Oct 27- who knows if that is still on. Someone reported a 4 day Aegean Sampler  on Journey Nov 2 appeared in there account, but they never booked it and it was not listed as a bookable. Changes are happening- maybe they will tell us in an announcement sometime.

I'm looking at the March 20, 2022 "Egypt and Israel" Athens to Athens  and the April 9 "Adriatic and Aegean" Venice to Istanbul on the Journey.  I don't see anything in between.  How does the ship get from Athens to Venice?  

I went on to look at some itineraries and to price out options.  Went back to one cruise to check availability and the pricing had gone up (way up).  Went back to all of my options and, in the span of 15 minutes, all pricing went up.  It looks like they may have put the itineraries up with the 60% off second person and then realized that it was a mistake.  

43 minutes ago, crzrr said:

I went on to look at some itineraries and to price out options.  Went back to one cruise to check availability and the pricing had gone up (way up).  Went back to all of my options and, in the span of 15 minutes, all pricing went up.  It looks like they may have put the itineraries up with the 60% off second person and then realized that it was a mistake.  

Just went back and everything has the promo now.  They seem to be adjusting on the fly!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

I'm looking at the March 20, 2022 "Egypt and Israel" Athens to Athens  and the April 9 "Adriatic and Aegean" Venice to Istanbul on the Journey.  I don't see anything in between.  How does the ship get from Athens to Venice?  

Could it be a charter?  
I find the huge gap from Oct 13 to Nov 30 more troubling and those are closer in time. I hope they will give answers soon. 

8 hours ago, floridafolks said:

Looks likecurrently a big gap between Oct 13 and Nov 30 sailings. Our Pursuit Nov 6 and Nov21 have disappeared- could they be moving them over to Journey to fill gap?

I thought I remembered a charter on Oct 27- who knows if that is still on. Someone reported a 4 day Aegean Sampler  on Journey Nov 2 appeared in there account, but they never booked it and it was not listed as a bookable. Changes are happening- maybe they will tell us in an announcement sometime.

Yes, the Journey is chartered from 10/24-11/2.  I was looking for a b2b for our now cancelled 11/2 cruise.