New Bar Policy?

emckeeve

And on this topic -- we just got confirmation that Radisson is in fact going ALL INCLUSIVE starting in 2007! So the only charges for beverages would be, I imagine, for super-premium liquor or wines.

Good news for those of us who love Radisson, and feel that the lack of ALL inclusive was one mark against them in comparision to the other luxury lines, who've been all-inclusive for some time now.

LeeAnne

So, the Platinum (I think that's the upper level) cruiser gets complimentary alcohol as a bennie....and so do all the other passengers. Yeah, I know there will be a few months' gap, but still, another snafu in public relations. On the other hand, I'll miss carrying off the left over liquor, assuming this will end the ensuite bottles.

Seriously, though, I think this is a good move for the line.

I wouldn't think this would end the ensuite bottles. I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet that we'll still get them. And if we don't, I would bet that we could order them at no charge. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I do hope they come up with some replacement benefit for the Platinum tier!

LeeAnne

Where did the 2007 schedule go? I know I had the schedule this afternoon when I first read these two threads, but now it has disappeared (except the WC and SA). Earlier I noted that the schedules noted "complimentary liquor package" instead of open bar. That seemed to me that they were keeping the door open to charging extra for all inclusive. Did anybody else notice that, or have I gone daffy from all the paint fumes from our redecorating? Last night I was able to keep the windows open, but then this blast of cold air blew through. Bad timing.

Okay, the schedule is now back on my agent's website. It does list a complimentary liquor package, whatever that means.

I'll compare my upcoming crossing with next year's rate to see how much of an increase there is. One obvious difference is the 10% single supplement for the first leg of the crossing. Funchal to Monte Carlo is 40%. If you combine the two, it is 25%. I'd be really disappointed if the low single supplements disappeared. For me it is often the deciding factor between cruise lines.

Okay, the schedule is now back on my agent's website. It does list a complimentary liquor package, whatever that means.

I'll compare my upcoming crossing with next year's rate to see how much of an increase there is. One obvious difference is the 10% single supplement for the first leg of the crossing. Funchal to Monte Carlo is 40%. If you combine the two, it is 25%. I'd be really disappointed if the low single supplements disappeared. For me it is often the deciding factor between cruise lines.

It is still25% ss for the crossing. Is the fare otherwise out of line?

Actually the 2007 Navigator crossing is slightly cheaper. The 2006 fare for category D with onboard booking, ss discount, single supplement, and all port fees is $5,924. The same cabin in 2007 is $5,809. The 10% ss discount and lower single supplement work out to a lower fee. This rate is through my travel agency, and other agents may be more or less.

I did receive a letter that the March 23 2006 "Diamond Lover's" cruise is heavily discounted. Unfortunately, I'll have to make due with greeting the former Diamond staff on the crossing. Guiseppe's name was noticeably missing. Does anybody know if he has moved to the Navigator?

JoanneB I, too hate that they are inching up the single supplements. Doing some comparison shopping for another thread on this board, I find that single supps on Silversea can be as high as 75-100%. I only had one cruise with SS in the past, and was with someone, so I never noticed it.

Guiseppe's name was noticeably missing. Does anybody know if he has moved to the Navigator?
are you talking about the cute young officer? The one with a baby and fiance? if so, he was on the Navigator when we were on the end of January.

Archived