Viking River Cruise coronavirus "refund"

AMWB

We booked a Romantic Danube cruise pre-pandemic after hearing of various friends having nice or even great experiences on similar Viking River Cruises.  Viking asked us for the final payment even at the time cruises were not sailing.  In phone calls during March and April, I was assured a risk-free guarantee superseded cancellations and that refunds were possible.  Now that we decided we are not yet comfortable with taking a cruise due to various coronavirus restrictions like wearing a mask flying across the ocean, having to stay in a Viking bubble rather than being able to explore ports on our own, being tested for coronavirus daily and put off at the next port should a test be positive even from a transient case, etc., we find Viking's idea of a "refund" is to substitute vouchers with fine print restrictions such that you don't know if you'll actually be able to use them.  I have asked them to elevate and address my concerns regarding "risk free" and "refund", and to reconcile what I was told in my phone inquiries.  They have not done so.  Disappointing.

• Like 1

If Viking would have cancelled your cruise you could have gotten a refund. Since you cancelled, you are only eligible for "vouchers". Best to read all of the paperwork before making final payment. Do not rely on your recollection of what you think somebody told you.

• Like 1