Vista stateroom details now on website

ORV

10 hours ago, ORV said:

Anyone have an opinion on no insides or oceanviews? Looks like the bottom category is the French Veranda. 

We are younger cruisers, and always book those categories, so we will not be sailing with the new ship anytime soon.  I would not have tried Oceania if a veranda was the bottom category, since there are so many other options in that area.

1 hour ago, emd138 said:

We are younger cruisers, and always book those categories, so we will not be sailing with the new ship anytime soon.  I would not have tried Oceania if a veranda was the bottom category, since there are so many other options in that area.

The cruises are going to be more expensive in the future anyway. But I think it will be nice to have a fresh air in the cabin below the actual veranda  level. Obviously, there are other options, but Oceania is far superior product   to many of the less expensive cruise lines in my opinion.

The new ship means more options for the different itineraries. We’re looking forward to the new cruises with Oceania.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 12:04 AM, maxamize said:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/vista/suites-and-staterooms

Modern, stylish but in my opinion also a little underwhelming. I do hope the staterooms and suites will feature bathtubs and separate showers. 

Watching the video, all I could think of was WOW!! 🙂 

Vicki. 🙂 

23 hours ago, ORV said:

Then again on a second watching and pausing the video I think maybe it's just strategically placed round mirrors or artwork that seemed to suggest porthole windows. We'll see. My biggest complaint always with the Lounges is there is no view to the outside. 

Anyone have an opinion on no insides or oceanviews? Looks like the bottom category is the French Veranda. 

I was also wondering about the wording on the bed sizes. They state queen for the standard rooms. I wonder if these still split into. I think two singles is a  bit larger than one queen. Not being able to split them would be a can of worms. In the pictures it looks like the Solo Concierge bed is smaller than a double. I wouldn't be that happy with it if I were a single if that is the case.  I do see the Oceania suite room says it has the King size beds, so I'm assuming the ones above that do also. 

I agree with the round mirrors.  They do suggest portholes, but the width of the room compared to the length suggests this is between the hallways as usual.  I thought it interesting that it appears there is a mirror on the ceiling as well for 1/2 of the lounge.  Makes it appear larger than it is, which is a good thing.  Well thought out if this is the way it turns out.

Emd138,

Wait and see in September when they release the itineraries, the price differentials might not be that bad. Yes a jump but maybe there will be that special occasion and you can go wild with the

that Veranda or Concierge Veranda. 🚢👍🥂 

Gerry

On 7/16/2021 at 11:55 AM, ORV said:

My biggest complaint always with the Lounges is there is no view to the outside. 

The Horizon Lounge certainly does...😉

I have mixed feelings about whether having windows on the other lounges is a good idea, or not.

Having no windows, makes the focus of those lounges on what is happening inside the lounge, not outside.  

Of course, having good curtains can satisfy either function, as needed...

4 hours ago, bob brown said:

The Horizon Lounge certainly does...😉

I have mixed feelings about whether having windows on the other lounges is a good idea, or not.

Having no windows, makes the focus of those lounges on what is happening inside the lounge, not outside.  

Of course, having good curtains can satisfy either function, as needed...

Bob, I was referring to the Executive and Concierge Lounges on the O Class ships. I agree with your assessment on the others. Seeing how the E & C lounges are not really a drinking or socializing(well) I wish they had some outside light and views. 

Me 3 but if they did that they may have to give up Concierge or PH saleable space and that is not happening. 
Really looking forward to more Vista Class updates and the late September release.  We were booked on Riviera’s initial inaugural voyages but the shipyard workers went on strike and she was several itineraries late sailing.  Let’s hope Vista does not encounter the same fate. Just for that reason, we will probably look at itineraries that are farther into her inaugural sailings before we book with some friends.  
Ciao 

Gerry 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 11:41 AM, Paulchili said:

Personally, using a "public" tub is a non-starter for me - I don't even use our tub at home and had the second one replaced with a large shower.

OK - I know that this is my personal opinion and choice and others have no such inhibitions. That said, it looks like one needs to poses the acrobatic skills of Simone Biles (or close to that) to get into and out of that tub. Her latest triple double should do it 😀 Just follow the moves in this video closely and you'll be fine. 😀

https://www.okayplayer.com/sports/simone-biles-what-is-a-triple-double-us-gymnastics-championships.html

Agreed!  It is wonderful to replace the "public" tub with a bigger walk-in larger shower!!  Save space, more hygienic, and safer to walk in and out.

Great!  We like the design of the Vista.  Can't wait to be onboard!

• Like 1