Canada to open for cruise ships in November.

BlerkOne

The third to last paragraph says it all.

Canada is worried the changes will become permanent.

A predictable counter-measure but it may be too little too late.   

I don't know what the state of affairs of bookings right now for Canadian ports,  and whether or not we will see any changes which might signal the intentions.

A window of competition is open right now and it will be interesting what steps through it.

20 minutes ago, logan25 said:

I would rather cruise Alaska and skip Canada every year.  When I want to visit Canada, I visit Canada.

i hope they keep it this way... i'd prefer just to skip canada like you ....and i'll go there when i want to visit :)

I'm wondering if this is more a political move. I am not that knowledgable with politics but it sounds weird since you're right. November 2021 is pretty much too late for 2022.

Our borders are still closed so I'm wondering if this is a hint that borders will open in November, without coming right out and saying it.

As a Canadian it was easy to fly to Vancouver for my Alaska cruise in 2019 but all our stops were in Alaska. 

18 hours ago, K_e_short said:

Our borders are still closed so I'm wondering if this is a hint that borders will open in November, without coming right out and saying it.

The Wall Street Journal yesterday reported the PM seeking to open the country to tourism in the middle of next month. "The reopening date is conditional on Canada’s vaccination rollout maintaining its current accelerated pace and new, confirmed Covid-19 cases remaining at some of the lowest levels in the developed world, according to a statement that summarized a teleconference between Mr. Trudeau and the country’s provincial and territorial leaders." If it does happen on this schedule, then the resumption of cruise vessel operations in November will be three months tardy, and the entire fall foliage cruising season for 2021 will have been lost (though it might be questioned whether vessel operators would be able to mobilize their fleets and sell enough tickets in the time remaining this year).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

Looking forward to them open for a September 2022 sailing New England / Canada

I already have booked my October cruise for 2022 (Panama Canal) when my Oct 2021 Canada N/E cruise was cancelled. Looking forward to when the schedule opens for Canada N/E for 2023.