New Itinerary 10/19 - 29, "Exploring Exotic Caribbean and Amazon" now "Elite Caribbean and Golf Adventures"

keokukjoe

Just learned about a new cruise that Atlas is offering. It is the 10 day cruise following our TA cruise from Lisbon to Barbados. It is 10/19-10-29  RT Barbados, “Elite Caribbean and Golf Adventures”, visiting only some south Caribbean Islands. This is replacing the 10 day Barbados to Brazil  cruise, “Exploring Exotic Caribbean and Amazon”. The cruise just prior to ours, Rome-Lisbon is still on. So it looks like we are okay for now and that Atlas is definitely bringing the ship to the Caribbean.  Brazil and Argentina are in worse shape, Covid-wise, than Portugal. Barbados  and most of the Caribbean is in great shape.   Smart move by Atlas.

We were interested in the original cruise as a B2B to our TA cruise as I always wanted to go to Devil’s Island and the Amazon but really couldn’t be away for an entire month. Glad we didn't book it!

I imagine Atlas didn't have as many bookings for Brazil as well, given most people's awareness about the pandemic situation there. However, hopefully they'll still be able to sail to Ushuaia and start the Antarctic sailing season from there. My January booking depends on that!

21 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

I imagine Atlas didn't have as many bookings for Brazil as well, given most people's awareness about the pandemic situation there. However, hopefully they'll still be able to sail to Ushuaia and start the Antarctic sailing season from there. My January booking depends on that!

The Oct. 29th 13N sailing "Intense Brazil- Samba and Sun"  from Recife to Montevideo also hit the dust. The following sailing Nov. 11 8N from Montevideo to Ushuaia is still available so you should be fine. I' highly doubt that Atlas would cancel the entire Antarctic season. I bet that they will have the ship hang out in the Caribbean and then shoot south. That would be the prudent and economically feasible thing to do in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keokukjoe said:

The Oct. 29th 13N sailing "Intense Brazil- Samba and Sun"  from Recife to Montevideo also hit the dust. The following sailing Nov. 11 8N from Montevideo to Ushuaia is still available so you should be fine. I' highly doubt that Atlas would cancel the entire Antarctic season. I bet that they will have the ship hang out in the Caribbean and then shoot south. That would be the prudent and economically feasible thing to do in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the additional details. It is tough to launch a cruise line during these times. I'm just going to go with the flow, which also helps to prepare for the Drake Shake 😛

• Like 1