New final payment deadline and cancellation policy

shepherd really

Maybe they are just dealing with cruises that are going to areas  with a resurgence of Covid 

Some Countries are closing borders again due to the Covid  Variants

No one can know  how when & where this virus will ramp up next

JMO

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 3:41 PM, mauibabes said:

Our son and friends just got the same email for a Riviera, 7 November, Monte Carlo to Rome, 10 day trip. Anyone else on Riviera late 2021 getting emails?

Gerry

I'm on the Riviera Nov 7th, and I received it too....good news with some areas still seeing surges (and it seems that Monaco is being very conservative about reopening).

We have some time to see how every plays out and the beneficial cancellation policy helps us a lot.  We have a lot of trust in Oceania and if it is not safe to sail, then I know they won’t and will cancel and refund.  🙏🤞

Bonnie and Gerry

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

In 5 weeks Oceania sails on their first mid Covid cruise.

This visits 9 countries.

It will be interesting to see how similar or different each country's entry & port requirements are.

As I was booked on this cruise but canceled due to concerns about not making all the ports, I will be following the progress. Have any cruises  on any line gone to St. Petersburg this summer?  The 2 days there would be the highlight of a Baltic cruise and if that port was dropped the cruise would be a bust.

In Europe now, cruising on another Premium line. Some of the angst and anxiety posted here is near comical. 

There are times when masks are required, times when they aren’t. Mostly, they are not. Everything is mostly open and somewhat back to normal. But, if one is just Sceeeeered to travel, I think staying home and hunkering is best. At this point, no one over here would even laughedly say FDR was being pruuuuudent not to be sailing. Merely to incompetent to get the fleet going again.

Off for a private tour now!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Everything is mostly open and somewhat back to normal

What cruise are you on? I would like to follow your progress in this ‘normal’ Europe.

- UK back to 50000 cases a day

- France institutes new green passes for visiting cafes and restaurants

- CDC recommends Britain and Spain and Italy - no visit - for non-essential travel

- music banned in bars and restaurants in Greece amid new COVID restrictions

i would check behind me to see if someone is blowing smoke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

In Europe now, cruising on another Premium line. Some of the angst and anxiety posted here is near comical. 

There are times when masks are required, times when they aren’t. Mostly, they are not. Everything is mostly open and somewhat back to normal. But, if one is just Sceeeeered to travel, I think staying home and hunkering is best. At this point, no one over here would even laughedly say FDR was being pruuuuudent not to be sailing. Merely to incompetent to get the fleet going again.

Off for a private tour now!

Yes, angst over a continuing pandemic that has killed over 4 million people and is surging again is sure comical. 

• Like 5

We are booked on the Marina November 2, Rome to Venice. First time on Oceania and I have to say the communication has not been great. Basically silence. I just called our cruise rep at Oceania to ask if our final payment date had been changed from 90 days to 60 days and was told that for this particular cruise they have not made that change yet.

Also, asked when we would be expected to show our vaccination status (no problem for us, both vaccinated) and was told they haven't figured out their health protocols yet so I should receive an email from them later. He thinks.

Finally, asked (because this is my first Oceania cruise) how I pay my final payment. Would I get a reminder? Got the answer he could send me a reminder but seemed like it's not a normal thing. Is this normal? I had the date on my calendar so I would have made the payment anyway, but is this what customer service is like?

15 hours ago, susiesan said:

As I was booked on this cruise but canceled due to concerns about not making all the ports, I will be following the progress. Have any cruises  on any line gone to St. Petersburg this summer?  The 2 days there would be the highlight of a Baltic cruise and if that port was dropped the cruise would be a bust.

Currently sailing cruise itieneraries do not involve the Baltics so no on line has gone to St Peterburg...

1 minute ago, basor said:

Currently sailing cruise itieneraries do not involve the Baltics so no on line has gone to St Peterburg...

So the Marina Aug. 29 cruise will be the first and only ship stopping in St. Petersburg in over a year? Now I am really glad I cancelled. There are likely very few options for independent tours since many of the tour operators may not have survived. I hope some of the pax on this first Oceania sailing will do a live blog or post some updates as they go as to how the cruise is being run.

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

So the Marina Aug. 29 cruise will be the first and only ship stopping in St. Petersburg in over a year? Now I am really glad I cancelled. There are likely very few options for independent tours since many of the tour operators may not have survived. I hope some of the pax on this first Oceania sailing will do a live blog or post some updates as they go as to how the cruise is being run.

I said current sialings were not stopping in St. Petersburg, I did not say Marina would be the first and only ship stopping in St Petersburg.   As far as tour operators, all of the well know tour operators have survived and happy to work with people organizing their usual multi day private tours - currently workng with one for out cruise.

3 hours ago, lorimay said:

We are booked on the Marina November 2, Rome to Venice. First time on Oceania and I have to say the communication has not been great. Basically silence. I just called our cruise rep at Oceania to ask if our final payment date had been changed from 90 days to 60 days and was told that for this particular cruise they have not made that change yet.

Also, asked when we would be expected to show our vaccination status (no problem for us, both vaccinated) and was told they haven't figured out their health protocols yet so I should receive an email from them later. He thinks.

Finally, asked (because this is my first Oceania cruise) how I pay my final payment. Would I get a reminder? Got the answer he could send me a reminder but seemed like it's not a normal thing. Is this normal? I had the date on my calendar so I would have made the payment anyway, but is this what customer service is like?

not  excusing the rep but  I think some things are still a work in progress  with Covid still in the forefront

A lot of us have a good TA  & mine reminds me  a week ahead of final payment

• Like 4

We are booked on Marina 1/28/22. While we have no official notice from our TA or Oceania, on our reservation page on TA website it now says:

"Final Payment Date: Please contact us by 11/15/2021 to provide a credit card number in order to process this payment and ensure that your cabin is not canceled with the cruise line."

22 minutes ago, SteveWW said:

While we have no official notice from our TA or Oceania,

when you choose to use a TA (wise decision), all communication, in my experience, goes through the TA. I would be in my TA's ear.

On Marina 11/9/2021.  I feel like a bouncing ball.  Just looked at my booking which indicated that FINAL PAYMENT is due August 11.  I called OC on Tuesday (?) and was told that final was Sep 11.  Today I was told final in AUGUST 11 - no change!  FYI for those sailing any date so as you don't miss final.

2 hours ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

On Marina 11/9/2021.  I feel like a bouncing ball.  Just looked at my booking which indicated that FINAL PAYMENT is due August 11.  I called OC on Tuesday (?) and was told that final was Sep 11.  Today I was told final in AUGUST 11 - no change!  FYI for those sailing any date so as you don't miss final.

If you have a good travel agent this is a time to get them involved.

2 hours ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

We embark on 11/9/2021 and cruise all the way to Miami.  Our final payment was due on 12JUN 2021 and never was changed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

I don't know if you got the email to change your final to 60 days out with no penalty til then. 

If you are on the standard rule, cruises 14 days and less have final payment 90 days out but you need to look at your invoice because a $250 penalty starts at 120 days out.  That's why some travel agents put your final payment a month earlier than Oceania does.

• Like 1

Your Travel Agent can set your FP up on an Auto Pay with your CC on file.  That way you are not having to wait for extra notifications. Some trips In the past and based on the $$ involved, I will make additional payments along the way so I can use the proper credit card to garner points. 

For our October 18 Istanbul trip to Miami trip, 46 days, they made our FP 60 days from sailing.  
Good luck to us all as we look forward to sailing O again. 🙏👍

Ciao,

Gerry

20 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Your Travel Agent can set your FP up on an Auto Pay with your CC on file.  That way you are not having to wait for extra notifications. Some trips In the past and based on the $$ involved, I will make additional payments along the way so I can use the proper credit card to garner points. 

For our October 18 Istanbul trip to Miami trip, 46 days, they made our FP 60 days from sailing.  
Good luck to us all as we look forward to sailing O again. 🙏👍

Ciao,

Gerry

Does your TA keep you CC information on file?  Mine does not for security reasons.  I have to give them my CC information each time I make a deposit or final payment.