Cruising on Dialysis and Oxygen

CruiseNYC

Princess Cruise Lines canceled my December 2021 cruise today.  They have stated that passengers on Dialysis and passengers on Oxygen will be denied passage through the end of the year. ( My husband is on peritoneal dialysis.) I asked if passengers with other immunocompromised illness would also be denied passage and they stated that they had no information on that. 
Does this seem discriminatory to any of you?

Not at all.  I believe most cruise lines have put in place a temporary rule that those on oxygen may not cruise, because the underlying condition requiring oxygen makes them more vulnerable to complications if they acquire Covid.  I believe I have seen this asked on the Princess board, or perhaps on the Ask A Cruise Question board.  EM

• 3 weeks later...

CruiseNYC    Did they find out about the Peritoneal Dialysis after you notified them regarding the shipment of the solutions?   We have a March 2022 cruise and I pray and hope that this rule will be eliminated since my husband is on this type of dialysis

I understand their reasoning and I hope they do change this by next year.  We also have a March 2022 cruise scheduled.  My husband is on oxygen, fully vaccinated and will get a booster if they become available.  He has an Inogen 5 portable concentrator for when he is out and about and we rent a room concentrator for when he is in the cabin.  We are really looking forward to this cruise and would hate to miss it but will understand if they have to cancel us.

Hi zahav1 Which cruise are you on?  We're doing Hawaii on 3/27/22. 

Zahav1:  yes - we were getting all of our info/protocols in place before contacting Baxter - our supplier.  Thankfully, we were able to book a lovely cruise on Celebrity for December 2021.

We do have 2 Princess cruises booked for late 2022 so we still hope they re-think this decision.  However, knowing that Celebrity is more than happy to welcome us aboard gives us lots of other options.