Pre-order Covid Test Kits?

laurelguy

Hi Windstar lovers! Since we all have to get tested before returning to the States, can anyone tell me how it's organized onboard? I see you can pre-order online, but is it just as easy to buy the kit on the ship? Thanks! We'll be on ATH-ATH in August!

Hi ... I called once and was told to preorder so they have enough, then I called this am and she said we can do onboard... I was on the phone regarding another matter so I went ahead and purchased. will set up the time onboard..... See you on the 7th!!! We are flying on on the am of the 4th... staying in Plaka..

18 hours ago, a flygirl said:

Hi ... I called once and was told to preorder so they have enough, then I called this am and she said we can do onboard... I was on the phone regarding another matter so I went ahead and purchased. will set up the time onboard..... See you on the 7th!!! We are flying on on the am of the 4th... staying in Plaka..

Flygirl! Awesome...getting close right? We are thrilled to be returning to our favorite ship..we also are spending two nights in Athens pre-cruise....see ya! 

0813180905_HDR.jpg

There are tests that you can buy in the US take them on your trip AND do the test when you are ready to back home.   https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack?utm_source=united&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=&utm_content=2-pack&utm_campaign=travel_ready_covid_test&utm_nooverride=1   These tests are accepted to get back into the USA.  It is $70 for two tests.  They are convient and you can do the test in your room.

They are available on the United site here also - https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/covid-testing.html#provider 

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered Abbott's BinaxNOW test kit of 6, ordered through eMed.  We plan on using it before our flight to Barcelona this month to make sure we are negative before boarding the plane. It simply is for our peace of mind, even though I know it could change in the days after before we board the ship. We also will be using it for our return back to the US. The CDC accepts these tests. The cost is $150 for 6 tests but with shipping and taxes it came out to be $176. For us, it made sense 🙂

• Like 3

On 8/5/2021 at 11:48 AM, CindiSueP37 said:

I just ordered Abbott's BinaxNOW test kit of 6, ordered through eMed.  We plan on using it before our flight to Barcelona this month to make sure we are negative before boarding the plane. It simply is for our peace of mind, even though I know it could change in the days after before we board the ship. We also will be using it for our return back to the US. The CDC accepts these tests. The cost is $150 for 6 tests but with shipping and taxes it came out to be $176. For us, it made sense 🙂

We’re using them as well to return to the US from the BVI next month. Advice I got was just be sure to download the app while you’re still in the states. Heard they work very well! 

• Like 1

We are flying into Papaetee to board Sea Breeze. It’s my understanding that a negative Covid test is needed to either board plane at LAX or is it to enter Tahiti. PCR or antigen or either?  48 or 72 hours before flying? And then one to re enter US?  Do emed test kits suffice? Thanks for any help. 

I do believe you have to be vaccinated to get into Tahiti. I think the Covid  test which you can buy on the Breeze will get you back into the US. Have a great trip, truly an exceptional travel experience. 

If you are flying home within the three days of disembarking the test on board should work fine. If you need to get tested beyond that be aware that Air Tahiti Nui specifically excludes the Abbott kits you bring with you. They do, however, work for United.

2 hours ago, Strenz said:

I do believe you have to be vaccinated to get into Tahiti. I think the Covid  test which you can buy on the Breeze will get you back into the US. Have a great trip, truly an exceptional travel experience. 

We just returned from the Star Breeze yesterday and the onboard test was just fine for the return flight to the USA.

2 hours ago, Strenz said:

I do believe you have to be vaccinated to get into Tahiti.

Unless you have a different source - this is from the official site. Source: https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/

You do not need to be vaccinated if you spent the last 15 days in:

"France and French territories (except Guyana), United Kingdom or countries listed as “green” (including United States and Canada)."

Green Countries are “Green”  countries / territories: countries / territories in which no active circulation of the virus is observed and no variants of concern have been identified. These are the countries of the European area, to which are added Albania, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Bahrain, Bosnia, Brunei, Canada, the Comoros, South Korea, the States United, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Montenegro, New Zealand, Serbia, Singapore, Taiwan, Ukraine and Vanuatu."

This has been a very helpful forum. Thank you all. Does anyone know if  I order  the Abbott at home test now is it still good in 4 weeks or do I need to order it last minute. Thanks in advance. Susanne

Points Guy just published an article noting increased wait times to work with the eMed proctor, up to 2-3 hours.

This is not the experience that I had in May or in June.  No wait time at all.  They indicated that they are increasing staffing in the coming days.  I travel again in a few weeks and can report back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FWFrog said:

Points Guy just published an article noting increased wait times to work with the eMed proctor, up to 2-3 hours.

This is not the experience that I had in May or in June.  No wait time at all.  They indicated that they are increasing staffing in the coming days.  I travel again in a few weeks and can report back.

Been seeing the same on the BVI chat boards. A workaround is to use the Spanish speaking link (they’ll speak English) and reported wait times have been less. We plan to do ours either at the crack of dawn AST or very late at night. 

I'm sure this has been asked and answered - but my browsing around both here and on google doesn't turn it up.

What happens in regards to testing mid-cruise?

In our case, we're sailing Greece-Italy-Spain-Morocco-The Canaries- and ending up in Lisbon.

Are there various COVID tests along the way, and if so, if we're on WS tours is that covered by WS? If it matters, we're fully vaccinated.

21 hours ago, milepig said:

I'm sure this has been asked and answered - but my browsing around both here and on google doesn't turn it up.

What happens in regards to testing mid-cruise?

In our case, we're sailing Greece-Italy-Spain-Morocco-The Canaries- and ending up in Lisbon.

Are there various COVID tests along the way, and if so, if we're on WS tours is that covered by WS? If it matters, we're fully vaccinated.

Our experience last week on Star Breeze was that Windstar took on the responsibility for mid-cruise testing if required by the ports of call.  Windstar also provided the testing as we returned to Sint Maarten, which served the dual purpose of covering us for our return flight back to the USA.  In all cases, it was a nasal swab, antigen test.