We live in Florida, are both in our 60's and have 4 cruises planned beginning in December. We have insurance on the December one due to rebooking from one that was canceled. 

Looked at Allianz, but not finding anything. Checked GEO Blue and Nationwide. Can you suggest what is best or another company? 

6 hours ago, nextariel said:

We live in Florida, are both in our 60's and have 4 cruises planned beginning in December. We have insurance on the December one due to rebooking from one that was canceled. 

Looked at Allianz, but not finding anything. Checked GEO Blue and Nationwide. Can you suggest what is best or another company? 

Hi nextariel,

I suggest you get the Geo Blue Trekker (Multi-Trip) Essential or Choice plan for your trips outside the USA. This covers pre-existing conditions. Based on your age in the 60s , the total, not each, prices for one year are as follows:

Geo Blue Trekker Essential = $293

Geo Blue Trekker Choice - $460

Multi Trip means each trip’s length must be less than 70 days duration in the 12 month contract period. Coverage starts on the first day of any trip and continues for a maximum of the first 70 consecutive days of such trip. There is no coverage for any part of the trip if the trip is longer than 70 days.

You may see all the Geo Blue Trekker Choice plan details here:
https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-trekker-travel-medical-plans/

Steve Dasseos

19 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi nextariel,

I suggest you get the Geo Blue Trekker (Multi-Trip) Essential or Choice plan for your trips outside the USA. This covers pre-existing conditions. Based on your age in the 60s , the total, not each, prices for one year are as follows:

Multi Trip means each trip’s length must be less than 70 days duration in the 12 month contract period. Coverage starts on the first day of any trip and continues for a maximum of the first 70 consecutive days of such trip. There is no coverage for any part of the trip if the trip is longer than 70 days.

Steve Dasseos

Are there any Annual Insurance Plans that also cover trip cancellation? Domestic and International Air trips?

16 hours ago, nextariel said:

Are there any Annual Insurance Plans that also cover trip cancellation? Domestic and International Air trips?

Hi nextariel,

Are you only looking to insure airfare or will you have other prepaid non-refundable trip costs?

Steve

On 7/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi nextariel,

Are you only looking to insure airfare or will you have other prepaid non-refundable trip costs?

Steve

On 7/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi nextariel,

Steve

Looking for insurance that will cover the need to cancel any airfare, cruise trips if it becomes medically necessary, as well as for medical needs if required on a trip. Looking to replace placing individual insurance on every trip we take. 

14 hours ago, nextariel said:

Looking for insurance that will cover the need to cancel any airfare, cruise trips if it becomes medically necessary, as well as for medical needs if required on a trip. Looking to replace placing individual insurance on every trip we take. 

Hi nextariel,

What do you think your average prepaid per person trip cost will be on the trips you are planning in the next 12 months?

Since this is a personal question, and neither CruiseCritic nor myself want to you to reveal this kind of information on a public forum, you may email it to me and, if you want I can answer you here without revealing your details. My email is steve@tripinsurancestore.com

Steve Dasseos

2 hours ago, richmke said:

Any thoughts on Travel Insured International, Annual Muti-Trip Protector?

$94/person for medical for 1 year.

You can add-on trip cancellation and stuff to each trip.

Hi ricjmke,

It has just come out and I am waiting to see the policy wording.

Steve Dasseos

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 10:50 PM, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi nextariel,

Steve Dasseos

Thank you for this helpful information.  

We are 73 and 74, living in Florida.  Med jet covers us until 74.  Geo Trekker sounds great but does Geo Blue Trekker Choice plan have an age cut-off?

Edited by sansterre

On 7/31/2021 at 10:43 AM, sansterre said:

We are 73 and 74, living in Florida.  Med jet covers us until 74.  Geo Trekker sounds great but does Geo Blue Trekker Choice plan have an age cut-off?

Hi sansterre,

Yes, it's available to age 95.

Steve Dasseos

On 7/31/2021 at 11:43 AM, sansterre said:

Does GeoBlue consider Medicare and UHC Medicare supplement as a primary health coverage?

3 hours ago, elklemi said:

Does GeoBlue consider Medicare and UHC Medicare supplement as a primary health coverage?

Apparently it does.  I just applied this morning and when I answered that we have health insurance Medicare was one of the options to check 

Is GeoBlue under Blue Cross (looks that way)?   Does GeoBlue cover international travel (air, cruise, train, etc.)?  It didn't jump out at me.  Medicare, as I understand it (but new to Medicare), does not extend to any international travel.  

4 hours ago, cruz_happy said:

Is GeoBlue under Blue Cross (looks that way)?   Does GeoBlue cover international travel (air, cruise, train, etc.)?  It didn't jump out at me.  Medicare, as I understand it (but new to Medicare), does not extend to any international travel.  

Hi cruz_happy,

GeoBlue is a separate company from Blue Cross, but they use Blue Cross affiliated networks.

Here's how your Medicare Supplement covers you outside the USA:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/medicare-does-not-cover-you-outside-the-usa/

Steve Dasseos

7 hours ago, cruz_happy said:

We have Medicare Advantage which is different from Original Medicare and does offer a limited amount of out of the country coverage

We have used geo blue trekker pre covid.

One worry now though is it appears the trekker policies exclude evacuation coverage if diagnosed with covid. Some countries and cruise lines are requiring insurance which covers covid, including evacuation coverage. 

Any policies that we should consider to meet these country and cruise line covid requirements?

Steve, thank you for earlier information.  Another question please.  Am I understanding correctly that GeoBlue is a medical coverage, i.e., does not include trip interruption or cancellation?  Also does GeoBlue annual only cover trips outside the USA?  So a trip to Alaska would not fall under the GeoBlue annual policy then?  Am I understanding what I'm reading correctly?  Thank you in advance, Steve.

7 minutes ago, cruz_happy said:

Steve, thank you for earlier information.  Another question please.  Am I understanding correctly that GeoBlue is a medical coverage, i.e., does not include trip interruption or cancellation?  Also does GeoBlue annual only cover trips outside the USA?  So a trip to Alaska would not fall under the GeoBlue annual policy then?  Am I understanding what I'm reading correctly?  Thank you in advance, Steve.

The Alliantz annual plan has a small trip cancellation/interupption benefit

21 hours ago, cruz_happy said:

Hi cruz_happy,

The Geo Blue Trekker (https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-trekker-travel-medical-plans/) doesn't have any trip interruption coverage. The Geo Blue Voyager (https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-voyager-travel-medical-plans/) does have some trip interruption coverage which is a Maximum benefit of $500 per Trip Period.

If you wanted a plan with trip cancellation and trip interruption, look at the RoamRight plan (https://tripinsurancestore.com/annual-trip-cancellation/).

> Also does GeoBlue annual only cover trips outside the USA?  So a trip to Alaska would not fall under the GeoBlue annual policy then?  Am I understanding what I'm reading correctly?

Geo Blue would cover you for a trip to Alaska if you were outside the USA for any part of the trip, but there's no coverage in the USA. The RoamRight plan I mentioned above covers trip in the USA too.

Steve Dasseos