July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

4 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

Sorry, I answered before you edited.  Would like to see desserts too!  I am sure we will see everything in due time.

OK - I can wait. I'm not in hurry to book right now... 

4 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

No Princess horn?!? Just your standard three blasts. 

we came over from the West side to watch sailaway and were disappointed in No Love Boat theme. 4 hours of wine tasting prior to departure softened the blow (slightly 🙂 )

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

There is an option for “today” and “entire journey.” You also may have met and requested the service from your cabin steward already, as I did. 

Love how you have taken time from you holiday to let us Princess lovers know how it’s going.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cruisindanx said:

Prawn appetizer, beef consommé soup and crawfish stew for dinner tonight. 

03592752-0C62-4FD8-A22C-FB49D88E141B.jpeg

30B7975D-1ACE-44E9-AC02-5451EC093E2C.jpeg

92C26D0F-F48F-44CA-9BAD-63ADA0248537.jpeg

You hit two of the three starters I would have ordered. I would have gotten the double beef consume, the Seared Garlic Prawns, and the Rum-Infused Pina Colada Soup. I "might" have added the Cabernet Braised Short Ribs as a main dish but then again I "might" have just been satisfied with my three "starters".

Thank you all so very much for taking time out of your vacation to let us all know how things are working, what is available, etc. I know it has to be a pain in the neck to do. I hope the Internet access is good enough to make it a bit less of a hassle. As you go north the access may well deteriorate and, if it does, don't stress yourselves by trying to maintain the flow of information. After all, it is your vacation and you deserve to be able to enjoy yourselves.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 12

32 minutes ago, Gilgod said:

Have the dining rooms been reconfigured to accommodate more tables for two, since most passengers are parties of two.  Thank you.

It looks like there are many more tables for two than normal. Also I wanted to post the menu for the MDR but have been dealing with internet connection all day.  I will try again. 

AAF93A9E-0E61-441C-B41C-DDD61AEAB54B.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Maddies Mom 46 said:

It looks like there are many more tables for two than normal. Also I wanted to post the menu for the MDR but have been dealing with internet connection all day.  I will try again. 

AAF93A9E-0E61-441C-B41C-DDD61AEAB54B.jpeg

I’ll do a better job tomorrow. I’m just so thrilled it finally worked. I went to the Internet cafe and was able to get help.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Maddies Mom 46 said:

I’ll do a better job tomorrow. I’m just so thrilled it finally worked. I went to the Internet cafe and was able to get help.

Get help?  That sounds ominous.  Was there a long line?  Was it mostly people trying to understand how to use MC?  Too many people logged on to unlimited internet?  

I thought they were going to do away with printed menus.

To everyone on this wonderful cruise:  Thank you for taking the time to share with us.  Before you know it, the cruise will be over.  Have a fun time.

• Like 1

Medallion question:  Does the food menu and drink options change depending on where you are located on the ship?  Princess has hinted that the food and drinks would be offerings from the closest restaurant or bar.

Also, just wanted to add that there is NO ONE on the upper decks tonight. We went from 80 degrees to 🥶in a couple of hours!

All in all, everything went well. The boarding process was flawless for us. We went from the hotel to our cabin in 45 minutes (11:15) I don’t know if those of you on the next cruises will be able to get into your cabins as soon because, remember, there were no passengers before us.

We didn’t get our bags until around 4 but that didn’t bother us because we didn’t need anything from them. It’s a good idea to carry anything you might need right away onto the ship.

Now, dinner. We had dinner with a couple that we met this morning on the ship. The wait staff were a little cluster because we hadn’t reserved together, but they did seat us together. I have to explain that John and I are buffet people and today’s dinner did not change our minds. Dinner was ok but I went to the buffet later and found all of the same foods plus more choices so we probably won’t be changing our habits. I will continue with the menus, however.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

27 minutes ago, Thrak said:

You hit two of the three starters I would have ordered. I would have gotten the double beef consume, the Seared Garlic Prawns, and the Rum-Infused Pina Colada Soup. I "might" have added the Cabernet Braised Short Ribs as a main dish but then again I "might" have just been satisfied with my three "starters".

The garlic prawns were amazing. More of a garlic flavored citrus sauce they were cooked in, nice and light. The pina colada soup was ok, wouldn’t be a repeat for me. 

It’s incredibly windy this evening, and the little whistling alarm goes off when you open your balcony door. The Capt came on with an announcement about it too. Much of this late afternoon and evening has been in heavy fog. A tiny bit of ship movement being felt, but I’ve had much worse. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, trey420 said:

What's the whistle alarm thing about?

Don't know about an alarm but have, at times,walked down a corridor and heard a very loud noise coming from several cabins. They were obviously the ones who had gone away and left their balcony doors open. You really aren't supposed to do that...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trey420 said:

What's the whistle alarm thing about?

It is what happens when you have a gap in a surface which is equivalent to a fraction of a a wavelength in the audible range and a stream of air is running over it.

In other words shut the door after you open it  a.) if you do not want to hear that noise and b.) you do not want the humid outside air to condense on the ceiling of the cabin.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

The garlic prawns were amazing. More of a garlic flavored citrus sauce they were cooked in, nice and light. The pina colada soup was ok, wouldn’t be a repeat for me. 

It’s incredibly windy this evening, and the little whistling alarm goes off when you open your balcony door. The Capt came on with an announcement about it too. Much of this late afternoon and evening has been in heavy fog. A tiny bit of ship movement being felt, but I’ve had much worse. 

@ChangeOrder On the "crusin" cruise ship tracker, it looks like the ship almost grounded at Port Angeles (way off course). I look at that and just can't believe it is correct!

29 minutes ago, Maddies Mom 46 said:

Now, dinner. We had dinner with a couple that we met this morning on the ship. The wait staff were a little cluster because we hadn’t reserved together, but they did seat us together. I have to explain that John and I are buffet people and today’s dinner did not change our minds. Dinner was ok but I went to the buffet later and found all of the same foods plus more choices so we probably won’t be changing our habits. I will continue with the menus, however.

I’m a buffet person, too. Will you share how things are being done there? Is everything being served by staff? Is anything self serve? Is there a salad bar? How does that look? Thank you. Have fun. I’m jealous. 

1 hour ago, triple7tahoe said:

we came over from the West side to watch sailaway and were disappointed in No Love Boat theme. 4 hours of wine tasting prior to departure softened the blow (slightly 🙂 )

Seattle has a sound ordinance- no music for sailaway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisindanx said:

Lobster grill isn’t much of a lobster grill anymore 😞

08566290-377A-46A1-9E7B-053DCB76BB6E.jpeg

Who wants to try and tackle a whole lobster while poolside anyway LOL.  This menu looks slammin !  And they have lobster roll... We think this is a great menu... makes me miss the pizza place just a little less 😃  Thank you for posting this !

• Like 4

@BlueFish2000Since you are staying in a suite were you able to get complimentary specialty dining on the first night? Or were all the restaurants already booked with people who had reserved speciality dining through the DMW app? We are staying in a suite when we sail in a few weeks so I’m looking forward to hearing if the extra benefits are still available. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Maddies Mom 46 said:

Also, just wanted to add that there is NO ONE on the upper decks tonight. We went from 80 degrees to 🥶in a couple of hours!

All in all, everything went well. The boarding process was flawless for us. We went from the hotel to our cabin in 45 minutes (11:15) I don’t know if those of you on the next cruises will be able to get into your cabins as soon because, remember, there were no passengers before us.

We didn’t get our bags until around 4 but that didn’t bother us because we didn’t need anything from them. It’s a good idea to carry anything you might need right away onto the ship.

This was great !  We are buffet people also and the only Princess buffet we've ever done was on Ruby Princess.  We have high expectations for Majestic 🙂

Once again thank you all for the priceless information you're sharing with us during your vacation.
It's no big secret that there were awful issues "pre cruise" with the Medallion App.  That being said, maybe by Monday night, could someone post about their experience with the app while on board?  Is everything working well?  Thanks!  Also, I would still love to see a speed test screen cap for the onboard wifi please.  Again thank you have an incredible adventure!  We are on the last Majestic Alaskan cruise of this season, Sept. 26th.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

It's actually above where the pasta is. So when you look under the pasta menu they'll have their daily special and fettuccine alfredo is always listed.

My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw the "no Fettucine Alfredo" post! 

Edited by Dunk
  • Like 1