July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

8 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Thanks for sharing. If you happen to go to guest services can you ask if printed patters will be available after they go paperless.  I'm sailing on the Grand in Sept. and am absorbing all the information. I am not using the APP so am interested in how boarding went to check in at the pier. If an phone is required to view the dining room menu I suppose they will have some regular printed ones. 

Thanks again 

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Denali2003 said:

What is a Sharp Box?

Did Princess do any rapid Covid testing of passengers prior to boarding?  Will they be doing any random testing?

image.jpeg.772107da3720fe3b79a040455e7d00a4.jpeg

Sharp boxes are for those who need to dispose of needles such as those who are diabetic for their insulin.

• Like 4

I saw it asked before but didn't see a response. Does anyone know if we'll still be able to walk up to the dining room and just ask to be seated at a large table? 

Thanks! Hope you're having a great trip!! 

15 minutes ago, wmr said:

Have there been any changes to Club Class dining?  Can CC diners show up at anytime without a reservation and get a table in the CC dining section?

No changes - you can just turn up and be seated immediately. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

I saw it asked before but didn't see a response. Does anyone know if we'll still be able to walk up to the dining room and just ask to be seated at a large table? 

Thanks! Hope you're having a great trip!! 

I asked a similar question,  and the responses indicated that you could turn up without a reservation. The question about table size is moot - much will depend on coronavirus precautions at the time.

17 minutes ago, farsight said:

Can you switch between two devices for wifi with the Princess Plus, or do you have to purchase for more devices? If you have to purchase, how much is it?

You can absolutely switch use between devices with no problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@HaveDogWillTravel Really miss your posts! I would love to see some posts from you! People seem to have gotten the message about off-topic posts. If more are posted, just roll your eyes, shake your head and go to the next post.:classic_smile:

Your input has been quite valuable to me, and I'm sure many others!

Regardless of your decision, I hope that you have a wonderful cruise! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, farsight said:

@ChangeOrder On the "crusin" cruise ship tracker, it looks like the ship almost grounded at Port Angeles (way off course). I look at that and just can't believe it is correct!

This was part of the announcement last night during the high winds. They had to deviate much more than usual to find shelter for the pilot to be off boarded safely. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Oh no!!!!

At any event you went to, did they check if you had made a reservation for it pre-cruise?

They never asked although, we didn’t go to events that were completely booked.  
They probably saw our photos when we walked up for dinner along with our reservation, they seated us immediately.  It wasn’t busy, though so we could have probably just walked up.  
BTW, they weren’t taking embarkation photos.  I think they just wanted the passengers to move along!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Is Princess still selling/providing beverages, particularly water, in single-use plastic bottles?  Or, have they moved on to cartons or cans, as they predicted 1-1/2 years ago?

Plastic, paper, paper straw. 
image.thumb.jpeg.d4efcd4a8dd4532dfb9fddcd11273e95.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

One other question I really truly hope I'm not being much of a bother, if you choose to have breakfast or even lunch in the main dining room if anyone can let us know do you need to book a reservation on the MC app, or can we just go straight down and be seated right away as a walk-in?

Once again I do truly appreciate all of you who are being so kind and lovely to share your experiences with us as it is a great wealth of knowledge.

We just returned from breakfast in the MDR and you just walk right up to be seated.  They are even asking if you would like to share a table with others that you may not know.  It was packed for breakfast and the food was outstanding!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Totally noticed the same exact thing about the prime rib. That's like a princess Staple on the first night.

I'm disappointed that there is no more prime rib on the first night.  Also, the Market Place opens at 11:30?  What about breakfast?

2 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

Plastic, paper, paper straw. 
image.thumb.jpeg.d4efcd4a8dd4532dfb9fddcd11273e95.jpeg

They are still selling the water bottle package ahead of time and they are in plastic bottles.  The to go coffee lids are no longer plastic and I think you may have to request a straw … we just didn’t pay close attention and don’t usually get drinks that require a straw.  

• Thanks 1

A couple more observations … there are 2 USB cable outlet above the nightstand on one side of the bed.  
There seem to be enough outlets seeing that you don’t need one to charge your devices.  
We are in an aft facing deluxe balcony (OMG, it’s wonderful) but the room steward has made note that some people have complained about soot on the balcony.  There is even a mat down by the door because the carpet was getting dirty with people bringing it back into the room with them.  It’s clean under the mat right now.  I think they want to keep it that way.  

also, there are signs by and inside the elevators asking people to mask up inside and not to fill with more than six people.  Nobody is really adhering to those suggestions, though!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

49 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

We both had to go in and cancel our existing dining reservation (which was entered based on our booking choice of early traditional) and once we cancelled our existing reservations it let me book dinner for the 4 of us each night of the cruise.  

What time had they assigned to you with that original early traditional booking?

Cruise Raider,

You said they moved you from the Concerto to the Allegro DR. Are you in Traditional Dining? Did the MedallionClass app show you as Concerto and once you boarded they moved you to Allegro?