July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

12 minutes ago, BlueFish2000 said:

For any one that read about our terrible experience with the app - we couldn't get it to work - spent hours on hold over several days - we are talking about probably 8 hours on hold! So no one could fix and then we were getting calls from our Travel Agent that they had called and said this or that wasn't done - I mean you wanted to pull your hair out!  After waiting for ever to get back on a ship I was so concerned that with being unable to upload things to them that we would have a process getting on. We were asked some health questions - our temperature wasn't even taken - it was less than 5 min and we were on the gang plank.

Glad to hear as we are having issues as well - uploads won't take, some items won't even show on the app on an iPhone 12.

4 minutes ago, BlueFish2000 said:

Yes, I know other may have problems with the app - not to worry - you will get on board and once on board the app works. And don't worry about others signing for things before and then places being booked up - not the case - you will be able to get in.

So you were able to just walk into the Crown Grill on embarkation night for your complimentary specialty dinner ?

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Has it been confirmed Captain Circle Party for Platinum and Elites cancelled for now, and if so, will a drink voucher be given?

As late as January 2020, To encourage Medallion App use, Princess was comping your first drink order using App, is this still policy or just a promo that has been discontinued?

Great questions for us who did not buy plus

52 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Anyone visit the MD on embarkation afternoon with DR requests?  Wondering how busy it was.

Did you see this scheduled in the Patter?  I looked and didn’t see it. 

I’m also very interested in knowing about captains circles parties. Is there one for Platinum and Elites? DH might leave his tux home if he finds out there isn’t. 

Is there a daily platinum, elite and suite lounge?  Is it held in the Vista Lounge?

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Did you see this scheduled in the Patter?  I looked and didn’t see it. 

I’m also very interested in knowing about captains circles parties. Is there one for Platinum and Elites? DH might leave his tux home if he finds out there isn’t. 

Is there a daily platinum, elite and suite lounge?  Is it held in the Vista Lounge?

No, I didn't see it.  Hope they weren't hiding - LOL!!!

When I looked at original Patter (embarkation), I blew it up some to read better and it was fuzzy in areas and I didn't look for that.  They have really simplified the layout - obviously want people to be using the MC App to get the info. 

5 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

I would love to see an embarkation lunch menu from the MDR.  Hoping they still have the avocado appetizer and the raviolis!!  

Love the shrimp avocado appetizer!  I’m afraid the salmon entree is no longer available and that makes me 😢 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Informatics Nurse said:

Any news on the Chef's table? I remember your group was trying to find out if it would happen or not. 🙂

Neville agreed at the M&G today that a modified table-side only experience would be set up for this group, since there were 10 people able to commit right then. It is not a normal thing, but @HaveDogWillTravel convinced him 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlueFish2000 said:

For any one that read about our terrible experience with the app - we couldn't get it to work - spent hours on hold over several days - we are talking about probably 8 hours on hold! So no one could fix and then we were getting calls from our Travel Agent that they had called and said this or that wasn't done - I mean you wanted to pull your hair out!  After waiting for ever to get back on a ship I was so concerned that with being unable to upload things to them that we would have a process getting on. We were asked some health questions - our temperature wasn't even taken - it was less than 5 min and we were on the gang plank.

see don't worry over something you have no control over.  Have fun

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChangeOrder said:

Neville agreed at the M&G today that a modified table-side only experience would be set up for this group, since there were 10 people able to commit right then. It is not a normal thing, but @HaveDogWillTravel convinced him 🙂

How lovely for you all! It's too bad Covid has put a nix on this. I would think they would do a modified version, without the kitchen visit-as they are letting people join larger tables for meals with people outside their party. Maybe things will progress and they will add it back.  

Thanks for the reply! I hope you're having a great time!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Apryl74 said:

Dumb question, but if you are signed up for anytime dining, do you choose your dining room, or is it assigned each time you book your dinner reservation?

When you say 'signed up for anytime dining' did you choose AT a long time ago  ? Because AT is not an option i.e. you either sign up for specific / every evening or not sign up for anything, therefore Anytime by default. But I did not see a sign up for Anytime on DMW

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kml246 said:

Since this is an all USA cruise, a passport's not required. If you have an EDL (Enhanced Drivers License) then you should be fine. A birth certificate shouldn't be necessary.

When I entered my information on the app it wouldn't take my EDL Enhanced Drivers License. I couldn't get a green check on the app until I scanned my passport. Princess is requiring a Passport or EDL.

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

This shows the under the head of the bed outlet from Sky Princess which was the ship built after Majestic & hopefully someone onboard can verify if Majestic is the same.

As I recall that cord was for one of the bed’s end table lamps.

EE2856D1-0151-44EF-9045-37831BC87E19.jpeg

So european, right? Or is there a US-style outlet elsewhere in the cabin?

I’ve been to the buffet for breakfast and late lunch today, and been disappointed both times. I do prefer them serving us versus self-serve, even though it is a little slower. The food seems rather boring without much variety. Breads section is sparse. Seems like I’m missing a whole other half of a buffet or something. Dessert choices are great though. Anyone else have opinions?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, kml246 said:

Since this is an all USA cruise, a passport's not required. If you have an EDL (Enhanced Drivers License) then you should be fine. A birth certificate shouldn't be necessary.

Have fun!

Some of the excursions do enter Canada so a passport would be required if you choose (and if they let us in) to Canada

6 minutes ago, barrykel said:

So european, right? Or is there a US-style outlet elsewhere in the cabin?

Don't you see it, just left of the EU plug?
It's both, like on any Princess ship. 😊

6 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

Some of the excursions do enter Canada so a passport would be required if you choose (and if they let us in) to Canada

I believe they've eliminated or changed any excursion the would enter Canada. Even though Canada is allowing US residents to enter beginning 8/9, from what I read we won't be able to satisfy the requirements in the short time we're in each port. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

When I entered my information on the app it wouldn't take my EDL Enhanced Drivers License. I couldn't get a green check on the app until I scanned my passport. Princess is requiring a Passport or EDL.

When I first entered our info in the app, I saw we could enter our EDL as proof. However, since we have many more future cruises that need a passport, we just entered that now. I assume since we entered the passport, that's why the app shows us we need to bring our passport and vaccination cards.

Even if it's not required, we would bring our passport since you never know if an emergency would cause you to enter another country. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1