July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

I watch A LOT of "Love Boat" reruns.  How come the Captain, purser, cruise director + 1, and bartender are not in the Piazza greeting all of us anxious and excited passengers (with champagne)?

I can understand the environmental removal of streamers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

For those interested in the Shooting Range, they only let 6 people book at a time, and it’s only open maybe six total times per the schedule. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d18a2dd007c5fda14d9415fa92e2b9a6.jpeg

Are the targets, by any chance, photos of the IT team? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Yeah!  And we are ready and anxious to get on board. I’ll be the one looking like a lost puppy dog at the pier around 8:30 am just waiting to get on. Do you have a picture of her?

I will have to add one of her with her mask on since that’s what you will see now! Her hair is shorter right now. 

3CF1F3A3-9F76-48C0-ADE9-D9A4529DCBA2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

So it takes 5 screens to see everything happening between 7 and 8 pm on our first sea day. 

1B29F056-A863-4F75-8FA7-7D56A011DAC1.png

A9DA8D10-1940-4B0E-9C7D-B6C2EB1599A1.png

D332375C-9699-4D74-A1F4-350AD7729BEE.png

FA955D30-7E31-4CA9-8D01-FB148ED3190C.png

8E4201A9-3A06-4E5F-B71F-5C2988EB23F6.png

Nice to see ahead of time what movies are playing so you can look up descriptions and reviews before you leave home. Love my MUTTS!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knittinkittin said:

Nice to see ahead of time what movies are playing so you can look up descriptions and reviews before you leave home. Love my MUTTS!

La La Land, Avatar, Tenet, The Martian, Ford v Ferrari, Devil Wears Prada, Big, Ad Astra, Bohemian Rhapsody, Black Panther, Moulin Rouge, Emma. I think that’s the full list. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

So it takes 5 screens to see everything happening between 7 and 8 pm on our first sea day. 

I see at least one event is already full and this is probably before a majority of passengers even know it existed.

I wonder how many Princess staff members it will take at all the events to make sure that all who signed up for an event can enter before those who did not sign up in advance. Not easy to do for an event such as MUTS.

• Like 1

@Host CJSKIDS This is probably too big an ask but here goes anyway. I was a wondering if it might be possible to ask Jovie to find out the names of certain officers and crew for my invites to the CC meet and greet.  I read a news release that gave the main leadership, Captains, Hotel GM, Staff Captain and Chief Engineer.  I got the ED and CD names from the CC sticky thread.  But I would really love to know the names for:

Senior Doctor

Food and Beverage Director

Maitre d’Hotel

Executive Chef

Executive Housekeeping

Environmental Officer

Staff Engineering Officer

Chief Electrical Officer

Future cruise sales agent

Captain circle host

Customer Relations Manager 

On board services coordinator

Customer Services Director

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I watch A LOT of "Love Boat" reruns.  How come the Captain, purser, cruise director + 1, and bartender are not in the Piazza greeting all of us anxious and excited passengers (with champagne)?

I can understand the environmental removal of streamers.

Us too!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

1B29F056-A863-4F75-8FA7-7D56A011DAC1.png

A9DA8D10-1940-4B0E-9C7D-B6C2EB1599A1.png

D332375C-9699-4D74-A1F4-350AD7729BEE.png

FA955D30-7E31-4CA9-8D01-FB148ED3190C.png

8E4201A9-3A06-4E5F-B71F-5C2988EB23F6.png

How do you book the activities?  Do you click the activity?  Can you add extra people?

15 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Wow that really surprises me about journeyview. Is that the case for everyone on your roll call?  We had access to almost everything by 2 weeks out like you are now. We all deleted and reloaded the ap dozens of times so maybe that might help?  

I really like seeing who the performers are, what the game shows, trivia, MUTTS, naturalists presentations are in advance. However, when using journey view only the first couple of events are visible at a time for each time slot. You can’t see all the offerings unless you scroll down. 

I also wish there were filters. I’d rather not see any art auctions, wellness clinics and such. Since you can’t filter you have to muck through everything. 

The only filter is My Events to see what you’ve reserved and All Events to see everything. 
I’ll try to post a screen shot here in a bit. Hopefully it’ll demonstrate what I mean. 

He there, we have been very unlucky in regards to the medallion - we leave Thursday but still can get nothing to work, after repeated repeated tries, and hours on the phone - we are talking probably a total of 8 hours on hold over 3 different tries. Will once again try before we go and let everyone know. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BlueFish2000 said:

He there, we have been very unlucky in regards to the medallion - we leave Thursday but still can get nothing to work, after repeated repeated tries, and hours on the phone - we are talking probably a total of 8 hours on hold over 3 different tries. Will once again try before we go and let everyone know. 

We haven’t received ours so I guess we will be picking them up at dock…

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UT-Volsfan said:

Thank you for starting this thread!  We will be getting on the ship August 1st after you depart so we really appreciate the advance information.

With our cruise we have so far been unable to see anything loaded in Journeyview, so the only info we are getting is from people on your cruise.

Hope they have a big sendoff for your cruise in a week.

We leave the sailing after you, 8/8, and I haven’t seen anything in Journeyview either, despite repeated reloads/delete/reinstalls. Funny because it’s all “supposed to be” accessible 60 days out, per last Medallion Monday. 

29 minutes ago, EightFurryPaws said:

Have Dog.....

Did you receive your Mediallion in the mail.

If you did, how many days prior to July 25.

I can't wait to hear "welcome aboard" again!

Thank you 

I leave August 1st and I just got mine today. Normally it can take anywhere between 1 to 3 weeks prior to your sailing to arrive. In my case it was 2 weeks prior.

• Like 1

I want to say thank you to everyone for keeping this thread on track.  I am glad to see everyone discussing pre embarkation issues!  

@EightFurryPaws The whole medallion thing has been very inconsistent as you can tell from @BlueFish2000and @Kbwhat53comments above.  I know many  of us on this first sailing have gotten theirs including me.  It doesn't seen to have a rhyme or reason to it. I ordered a blinged out one with the fancy bracelet so was sure I wouldn't get it and then lo and behold there it is July 16th delivered!  

Also, it seems many people are not getting emails saying the order is coming and the ap doesn't always update to shipped even though it is.  What you WILL see though is a charge to your credit card when they ship it.  So look for that. 

Also while some in our group who were having problems with the ap have now seen them resolved others have not and are still having issues.   @BlueFish2000is still having issues and they are in a full suite!  

My philosophy is the ship won't sail without us as long as we bring our travel docs and vaccination records as required.  I do hope all of this gets worked out sooner than later.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I want to say thank you to everyone for keeping this thread on track.  I am glad to see everyone discussing pre embarkation issues!  

@EightFurryPaws The whole medallion thing has been very inconsistent as you can tell from @BlueFish2000and @Kbwhat53comments above.  I know many  of us on this first sailing have gotten theirs including me.  It doesn't seen to have a rhyme or reason to it. I ordered a blinged out one with the fancy bracelet so was sure I wouldn't get it and then lo and behold there it is July 16th delivered!  

Also, it seems many people are not getting emails saying the order is coming and the ap doesn't always update to shipped even though it is.  What you WILL see though is a charge to your credit card when they ship it.  So look for that. 

Also while some in our group who were having problems with the ap have now seen them resolved others have not and are still having issues.   @BlueFish2000is still having issues and they are in a full suite!  

My philosophy is the ship won't sail without us as long as we bring our travel docs and vaccination records as required.  I do hope all of this gets worked out sooner than later.  

Thanks so much for sharing. I will be following along, as well. 

• Thanks 1