July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

20 hours ago, redtop101 said:

Thank you so much for creating this "Live from Majestic Princess" thread and to all the other contributors as you cruise along.

So many questions as we follow along. Does the OM medallion work without bugs? Do you really have to make reservations for many, if not all, events - which kinda takes some of the fun out of spontaneity.

Looking forward to many answers to questions that are all still unknown right now

Yes, we all owe HaveDogWillTravel big thanks for starting this.  She is also taking on the roll call duties.  I honestly don’t know where she has found the time!  We all appreciate her efforts greatly and plan on jumping in to help out with this thread to answer questions, as we are also on this sailing.  On the roll call for this cruise, I’ve mostly found out about all things on the MedallionClass app from HaveDogWillTravel.  She lets us know when things have been added and we check it out.  Just today, I added the Musher presentation to my list of reservations based on her comment earlier in this thread.  

We have actually had relatively few problems with the MC app.  Initially, we had to delete it and reinstall it and that’s all it took to get everything back to normal.  One small deficiency I still see, you can make your reservations for the events you wish to attend and then, you can view ‘all events’ or just ‘your events’ in JourneyView.  When you click on ‘your events’, it pulls up the events you’ve signed up for along with the time but it doesn’t show the venue.  It’s easy enough to just switch back to ‘all events’ to make note of the venue.  I’m sure it is still in development.  
Also, it would be helpful to add your reserved dinner time in the ‘my events’ schedule.  It’s not a deal breaker, though.  I always complete a paper calendar to hang up on the wall anyway.  I list the forecast and other plans on it so we don’t miss out on things we really want to do.  

It is my understanding that this sailing will be at reduced capacity as well as the following cruise.  I know the bookings for this first sailing have been shut down for over a week.  After these initial sailings, it looks as though they’ve opened up the inside cabins for bookings.  

I will also be available to post my experiences and answer questions you may all have.  

• Like 3

On 7/17/2021 at 7:33 PM, ChangeOrder said:

That would be only 20% capacity, and that seems way too low. The two shows per night would accommodate 50% of a full ship... hmm, it's possible?

I am thinking that is how many seats in the theater. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

This made me laugh -- I can just picture it, a solitary figure sitting pierside, gazing fixedly with burning, unblinking eyes at the huge white behemoth towering above them, raptly waiting for the captain to extend the gangplank and bid them welcome.  I wish you an early and smooth embarkation, and thanks for taking all of us along (no wonder you're taking a large suitcase!).

We may be right alongside her!  😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EightFurryPaws said:

Have Dog.....

Did you receive your Mediallion in the mail.

If you did, how many days prior to July 25.

I can't wait to hear "welcome aboard" again!

Thank you 

We initially ordered ours back in mid June shortly after we downloaded the app.  The order page on the medallion app still had our canceled cruise on the Emerald for the 17th linked into our new cruise date and ship.  So, nothing was coming.  We contacted our PVP and she got things straightened out for us.  We could then go in an recorder our medallions on June 22nd.  Wasn’t sure if they would get here but about July 13th, we got a notification they were shipped.  They were delivered (sent from Miami) two days later by fedex.  We ordered the lanyards, too but only received the medallions.  Heck, I’m not even going to complain about that.  We got the important part and even got in the Green Lane!  Yoo-hoo!   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phabric said:

How do you book the activities?  Do you click the activity?  Can you add extra people?

You do just click on it and can only reserve for those registered under your folio in the app.  So … only those in your travel party.  
You can link your reservation numbers with others you are traveling with, though .. but I doubt if those passengers will show up in your MedallionNet class app.  I think they’d need to make their own reservations unless you are linked …at least for the activities.  You may be able to sign them all up for the same dinner table.  

59 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just back from a trip to Seattle - yes tent encampments have increased but not to the extent that keeps one away.  We always stay up on 5th ave and walked down to 1st ave and encountered no issue.  If people think that a few tents make for a dangerous situation you may not want to visit the west coast

Yes we live in Long Beach in LA County and figured it couldn’t be any worse there than around here.  We are staying at the Warwick.  No plans to be out and about after spark..which will be pretty late

I am curious as to what time they are allowing the August 1st or August 8th passengers to board.  it appears our earlier boarding time is scheduled for 11:30 - 11:45 AM.  
Because we are on the first sailing out, I am also wondering if they will let us onboard a bit early because there will be no passengers to disembark!  

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am curious as to what time they are allowing the August 1st or August 8th passengers to board.  it appears our earlier boarding time is scheduled for 11:30 - 11:45 AM.  
Because we are on the first sailing out, I am also wondering if they will let us onboard a bit early because there will be no passengers to disembark!  

I'm on that August for sailing and that 11:30 11:45 group a Time block is my boarding time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I want to say thank you to everyone for keeping this thread on track.  I am glad to see everyone discussing pre embarkation issues!  

@EightFurryPaws The whole medallion thing has been very inconsistent as you can tell from @BlueFish2000and @Kbwhat53comments above.  I know many  of us on this first sailing have gotten theirs including me.  It doesn't seen to have a rhyme or reason to it. I ordered a blinged out one with the fancy bracelet so was sure I wouldn't get it and then lo and behold there it is July 16th delivered!  

Also, it seems many people are not getting emails saying the order is coming and the ap doesn't always update to shipped even though it is.  What you WILL see though is a charge to your credit card when they ship it.  So look for that. 

Also while some in our group who were having problems with the ap have now seen them resolved others have not and are still having issues.   @BlueFish2000is still having issues and they are in a full suite!  

My philosophy is the ship won't sail without us as long as we bring our travel docs and vaccination records as required.  I do hope all of this gets worked out sooner than later.  

Am I to understand that we will be charged a fee for them to send us the medallion in the mail?

2 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

Am I to understand that we will be charged a fee for them to send us the medallion in the mail?

Not if you only order the basic medallions with the basic lanyard.  Charges are for wrist bracelet or upgraded lanyard etc.  The basic stuff is free.

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We initially ordered ours back in mid June shortly after we downloaded the app.  The order page on the medallion app still had our canceled cruise on the Emerald for the 17th linked into our new cruise date and ship.  So, nothing was coming.  We contacted our PVP and she got things straightened out for us.  We could then go in an recorder our medallions on June 22nd.  Wasn’t sure if they would get here but about July 13th, we got a notification they were shipped.  They were delivered (sent from Miami) two days later by fedex.  We ordered the lanyards, too but only received the medallions.  Heck, I’m not even going to complain about that.  We got the important part and even got in the Green Lane!  Yoo-hoo!   

I received mine last week, some in the group got theirs the week before, and I see that someone else got the notice from Fedex that delivery for them happens tomorrow.

On 7/17/2021 at 6:19 PM, ChangeOrder said:

We can make reservations for the show times in the theater, but not an actual seat number.image.thumb.png.59570534a96e2f103659aa724526d86f.png

Hi @ChangeOrder I see the time you selected was 9:15. Would you mind telling me the showtimes for the nightly production shows? Unfortunately I don't remember. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your information with us!

15 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

La La Land, Avatar, Tenet, The Martian, Ford v Ferrari, Devil Wears Prada, Big, Ad Astra, Bohemian Rhapsody, Black Panther, Moulin Rouge, Emma. I think that’s the full list. 

Not sailing now, but I have seen all of those movies.  Some are pretty old now.  Probably takes a bit of time to update titles.  Oh wait, guess I have not seen Ad Astra.

37 minutes ago, Informatics Nurse said:

Hi @ChangeOrder I see the time you selected was 9:15. Would you mind telling me the showtimes for the nightly production shows? Unfortunately I don't remember. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your information with us!

The showtimes in the theater seem to be at 7:00 and 9:15 PM.  

• Like 2

Thank you so much for providing all this information about your upcoming cruise.  This will make the preparations and expectations for our future cruises much more realistic.  We recently received information for our first cruise, which indicates that certain group entertainment activities will be excluded, including indoor dancing and nightclubs, and would be curious to see what, if anything, the Entertainment and Cruise Directors do to make up for this loss.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 8:48 AM, phabric said:

I understand they have to have capacity but it takes away the fun of by walking a lounge hearing music and stopping to listen for a few minutes or longer.

That's pretty much how we always decide to stop in at Crooner's. We're walking around and decide to grab a couple of seats for a while. If it really grabs our attention we stay a fair time. If not, we leave and wander somewhere else. Spontaneity is key...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Booked on the 8/1 sailing with an 1130 boarding time

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

Do you know if passengers who have Traditional Dining reservations will have their preferences honoured or do they go out the window now with “Dine My Way”

Good question.  It’s interesting that only the Symphony and Concerto dining rooms are offered for DMW reservations, at least for us anyway.  Does this mean that the Allegro dining room will be used for traditional or club class / suite dining? Or does the reduced capacity mean they won’t even be opening that dining room?   We will have more information for you once we see what is available onboard.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

Do you know if passengers who have Traditional Dining reservations will have their preferences honoured or do they go out the window now with “Dine My Way”

Hi @redtop101,  I’d really appreciate if you’d ask this question when we would have the ability to answer it. So once we are on board for a couple of days would be a great time to repost this question. Otherwise you may never get a “real” answer about what’s actually happening onboard. We are all on vacation and won’t want to spend it scrolling back through pages and pages looking for these questions.

My goal in starting this thread is to not speculate about what might happen, but to report on what actually is happening.  I think it’s refreshing and different from many other threads right now. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

On the dine my way you can set up for traditional which is to reserve a table for the same dining room and on a nightly basis. That's considered your traditional. Everything now has to be dine with my way

• Thanks 1