Re Question: will A Transport Chair Work?

mlbcruiser

Sorry about the multiple posts of a photo in reply to an inquiry posted on the thread titled as above that was made by kokopelli-az.  When attempting to add actual words on an additional post, the picture kept posting over and over. I have reported this to the moderators and hope they can remove a couple of those photos. I will try to add more information about that type of scooter later tonight. Sorry!

kokopelli-az, what I had wanted to check on below the photos mentioned in the post above was the fact that you can find this scooter just by doing a search for a Pride GoGo lightweight folding mobility scooter. There are many mobility scooter suppliers on the Internet that sell it. I did a lot of research before buying it for my DH. Visited or called you several stores stealing in accessible products and mobility scooters in my city. None of them kept the scooter in stock. The main drawback to it is it does not have any sort of a basket to carry things in. There is not one that you can buy to put on it. My husband gently puts bundles, a small cooler, a beach bag with things to be carried between his seat and the battery compartment underneath. Sometimes he has just set something on the floorboard between his legs. I would say you could sit a purse there, for instance. Places like Florida where there are tons of retirees have more stores that would have the scooter in stock for you to try. It’s seems pretty stable even though it is a three wheel type scooter. However it does have two small wheels right next to each other in the front under the steering column where are you usually find just one.

there is an almost identical scooter by EZ Rider, I think it is. (The two are nearly identical there are a couple of very small differences) and the dealer (located in a community just outside of Tampa, Florida) that I ordered mine from agreed that they are likely made by the same supplier. He said it’s easier to get parts or things through Pride, however,. Even though the main components of the two scooters are likely made in the same place, pride operates in the United States as a supplier of the scooter. If you end up considering it further, be sure and look at the offerings from several different dealers. Look at reviews for their customer service, etc. Some sites allow you to look at the full specs of the scooter more easily. Things like exact dimensions, battery information and so on. Btw, it can only be used by riders up to 250 pounds. My husband is 6 foot three and we worried over weather it would accommodate him comfortably. He is all legs, but had no problem. When I ordered the one we have, it came in a timely manner with excellent instructions. Supply the exact model (SL something or other, I think, it’s very late and I don’t feel like going upstairs to find the brochure! I’m sure you can come across that on one of the various sales sites if you have a need for it.  It definitely beats having to push a wheelchair. It’s pretty fun to drive, too!