Vaccine Mixing and being permitted to cruise

excitedofharpenden

This on the Cruise Critic website and is being discussed on other boards.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/6302/

It's all so confusing. I am double shot AZN so think I'll be ok, but you have to read right into it that EMA and WHO approved vaccines will be accepted. There are a lot of people out there that have had a mix. 

Phil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This on the Cruise Critic website and is being discussed on other boards.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/6302/

It's all so confusing. I am double shot AZN so think I'll be ok, but you have to read right into it that EMA and WHO approved vaccines will be accepted. There are a lot of people out there that have had a mix. 

Phil 

All adds to the minefield of trying to plan anything at the moment, I read that an Oxford study of mixed vaccines indicated that they were highly effective. They were trying to find a solution where some vaccines were in short supply, but unless the WHO agree it works it’s going to give problems.

22 minutes ago, Riocca said:

All adds to the minefield of trying to plan anything at the moment, I read that an Oxford study of mixed vaccines indicated that they were highly effective. They were trying to find a solution where some vaccines were in short supply, but unless the WHO agree it works it’s going to give problems.

Everything I've read up to now indicates that mixing vaccines is a good idea, but that of course is listening to the experts here and not the US. I have a lot of faith in the likes of Jonathan Van-Tam. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/health-57636356.amp

Phil 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It appears Azamara has recently updated their vaccination requirements on their website and addressed the mixing of different vaccines.  Hopefully this will permit the many Europeans, Canadians and others who received mixed vaccines to travel with them.  Interestingly the new guidelines very specifically permit those who have received AstraZeneca + an mRNA vaccine to sail on Quest from Athens.  This raises questions about this mix being acceptable for cruises departing from other points of embarkation.  Regards,  Paul 

Explore Well FAQs | Azamara  

image.thumb.png.d8f49ee18aff9cf60667a3a0129d5a6d.png

5 hours ago, paf225 said:

It appears Azamara has recently updated their vaccination requirements on their website and addressed the mixing of different vaccines.  Hopefully this will permit the many Europeans, Canadians and others who received mixed vaccines to travel with them.  Interestingly the new guidelines very specifically permit those who have received AstraZeneca + an mRNA vaccine to sail on Quest from Athens.  This raises questions about this mix being acceptable for cruises departing from other points of embarkation.  Regards,  Paul 

Explore Well FAQs | Azamara  

image.thumb.png.d8f49ee18aff9cf60667a3a0129d5a6d.png

There are conditions:

Following CDC guidelines, Azamara will consider a guest fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines.

**Guests sailing on Azamara Quest sailing from Athens can have mixed doses that include AstraZeneca as long as the AstraZeneca dose is administered first, and then either the Pfizer or Moderna dose within 8-12 weeks. No other mixed vaccine doses will be accepted.

Edited by Baynanno1