Looking for Apex updates ?

little britain

Hello! We’re on board this week, having a fantastic time! 

Correct, Cyprus was swapped with Dubrovnik on our itinerary (I think yesterday?). We received a paper notifying us of the change at check in. Two of the other port days (Santorini and Rhodes) changed dates as well causing some logistical issues for anyone with plans booked through third parties. I suppose we were lucky that both of ours were willing to move the date for us no problem! 

Last night at dinner (maybe 8:00ish) the Captain announced we would only be allowed off in Mykonos the next day with a ship excursion. We were bummed as all of the original excursions were very expensive ($150+ pp) and not really anything we were interested in. Luckily they did add a beach transfer option late last night for $45pp (one to Paradise Beach and one to a family beach). At Paradise Beach we have a section of chairs roped off for cruise passengers only as to create a “bubble” of sorts. 

The timing of Celebrity’s announcement last night is consistent with the government’s public communications so I do believe they told us when they knew and weren’t trying to withhold information or anything. Keeping our fingers crossed for the other ports! 

The ship is absolutely beautiful and the staff has been nothing but friendly and helpful. Having a great time!! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, hnm2234 said:

Correct, Cyprus was swapped with Dubrovnik on our itinerary (I think yesterday?). We received a paper notifying us of the change at check in. Two of the other port days (Santorini and Rhodes) changed dates as well causing some logistical issues for anyone with plans booked through third parties. I suppose we were lucky that both of ours were willing to move the date for us no problem! 

Last night at dinner (maybe 8:00ish) the Captain announced we would only be allowed off in Mykonos the next day with a ship excursion. We were bummed as all of the original excursions were very expensive ($150+ pp) and not really anything we were interested in. Luckily they did add a beach transfer option late last night for $45pp (one to Paradise Beach and one to a family beach). At Paradise Beach we have a section of chairs roped off for cruise passengers only as to create a “bubble” of sorts. 

The timing of Celebrity’s announcement last night is consistent with the government’s public communications so I do believe they told us when they knew and weren’t trying to withhold information or anything. Keeping our fingers crossed for the other ports! 

The ship is absolutely beautiful and the staff has been nothing but friendly and helpful. Having a great time!! 

Glad you are having a wonderful time. 

Do you know if the port swap is going to be a fixture of the upcoming cruises? If so, I'm happy as Dubrovnik is so lovely!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kittywife77 said:

Do you know if the port swap is going to be a fixture of the upcoming cruises? If so, I'm happy as Dubrovnik is so lovely!

Wow I’d be happy with Dubrovnik instead of Limassol!!

@hnm2234 how many are on board this week? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Seabourn Ovation is currently in Crete.   Looking right at it!

People were thinking Ovation of the Seas. Usually using the full name of a ship is a good idea so that people don't get confused.

• Like 3

We are boarding July 24th in Athens and so far no communications from Celebrity about any changes. I noticed that our cruise planner is not working so maybe they are scrambling to get the information action out. Thank you so much @hnm2234for keeping us updated, enjoy your cruise! 🌟👍🏻🔋🎉🍾

• Like 2

Scheduled to be on Apex on Sept 4, 2021. I would absolutely prefer Dubrovnik over Cyprus since Croatia has been on my list of countries to visit post-pandemic.

Also, it looks like the case is spiking in Mykonos. They appear to be imposing curfew to curve the rise in the number of cases.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/mykonos-greeces-famed-party-island-falls-silent-under-new-covid-rules-2021-07-18/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hnm2234 said:

Hello

Can you provide the current itinerary since it was changed from your original?  I have guides contacting me asking if my itinerary has changed but even after contacting Celebrity I am not aware of a new itinerary for August 14th........TIA

3 hours ago, Lane412000 said:

Hello

Can you provide the current itinerary since it was changed from your original?  I have guides contacting me asking if my itinerary has changed but even after contacting Celebrity I am not aware of a new itinerary for August 14th........TIA

7/17 - Athens, Greece (depart 8:30pm)

7/18 - Mykonos, Greece (7am - 7pm)

7/19 - Rhodes, Greece (9am - 6pm)

7/20 - At Sea

7/21 - Dubrovnik, Croatia (8am - 6pm)

7/22 - At Sea

7/23 - Santorini, Greece (7am - 9pm)

7/24 - Athens, Greece 

I’m not sure if this itinerary will remain but I’ll report back if I hear anything! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kittywife77 said:

I’m not sure, I’ll see if I can get any credible intel and report back! 

• Like 1

I called Celebrity Cruises to inquire about any itinerary changes for August 14th. She placed me on hold and came back to tell me we had dropped the two Israel ports and added Mykonos and Cyprus.  I told her, yes I knew about these changes and she said, no these just changed a few hours ago.  I said, okay the current APEX cruise is going to Croatia and dropped Cyprus.  She said no, the current itinerary has not changed for the July 17th APEX sailing.  I told her thank you, but I will get my information from Cruise Critic. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lane412000 said:

I called Celebrity Cruises to inquire about any itinerary changes for August 14th. She placed me on hold and came back to tell me we had dropped the two Israel ports and added Mykonos and Cyprus.  I told her, yes I knew about these changes and she said, no these just changed a few hours ago.  I said, okay the current APEX cruise is going to Croatia and dropped Cyprus.  She said no, the current itinerary has not changed for the July 17th APEX sailing.  I told her thank you, but I will get my information from Cruise Critic. 😁

Sounds like they were caught a little off guard by last minute restriction changes in Cyprus and Mykonos.  This is not surprising.  Municipalities are going back and forth like mad with the Delta variant now.  The only certainty is things will change.

Have a little mercy on the customer service agent for not being up to date on worldwide regulations.  There's usually a lot of deliberate decision making to change itineraries weeks in advance and I doubt Celebrity would make some sort of snap decision for a port of call that was imposing restrictions for two weeks, like the now-infamous Mykonos music ban.

If Celebrity does decide to change the itinerary in advance, you and/or your TA will be promptly notified, often before the itinerary actually changes on Celebrity.com

• Haha 1