Looking for Apex updates ?

little britain

5 minutes ago, aliyakid01 said:

What's the latest, we are due on the 7th..any change re tours? Updates re kids clubs ? 

Thanks 

Latest change re tours was Mykonos - only ship tours allowed.

I am sure you know about the itinerary change of Limasol to Dubrovnik.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:41 AM, little britain said:

Anyone on Apex?   Are they offering any specialty restaurant deals whilst the ship is undercapacity? 

I did not find any deals for the Specialty restaurants on my 17th Apex sailing.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:29 AM, little britain said:

Anyone on Apex? Any updates on the mask requirements - "Masks required indoors and outdoors, except when eating or drinking ".  

Masking indoors, and outdoors (going between venues) was not a big deal.  Some people were not as compliant as I would have liked but I managed to deal with it. LOL!  I would not get in an elevator with someone unmasked.  YMMV.   By the end of the cruise, it was clear that people were not masking as much as at the beginning of the cruise.  Overall wearing masks for me wasn't that big of a deal, and not as annoying as I expected.  again, YMMV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just booked this cruise for September 19th. We are looking for same day flight on Debarkation day that leaves at 12:45pm. Is this too early? Is Celebrity offering airport transfers? We can't seem to find any info on them.

Thanks!

It took us 60 + minutes to get to the airport on 8/24 (Saturday).   Your flight might be okay if everything goes right.   What’s a little stress at the end of a cruise, do you understand or speak Greek as that would help.  We made a 2 PM flight with no problem ( business class).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chickkypoo said:

We just booked this cruise for September 19th. We are looking for same day flight on Debarkation day that leaves at 12:45pm. Is this too early? Is Celebrity offering airport transfers? We can't seem to find any info on them.

Thanks!

This question comes up again and again.  Thus, are there layer flights that afternoon?  What is your comfort level with stress?

The answer is to make a list of what could go wrong - things like laye disembarking dueto ???, traffic accident,  etc.  Then, if you are comfortable with that then book a fairly early flight..

My personal preference is to arrive a day early and leave a couple days after the cruise finishes.  Lots to see and do.  My DW hates stress. 

15 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It took us 60 + minutes to get to the airport on 8/24 (Saturday).   Your flight might be okay if everything goes right.   What’s a little stress at the end of a cruise, do you understand or speak Greek as that would help.  We made a 2 PM flight with no problem ( business class).

My return flight for upcoming trip is @ 2:45pm (also business class). What time did you leave Apex and are there any pros/cons to getting to the airport early?

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

This question comes up again and again.  Thus, are there layer flights that afternoon?  What is your comfort level with stress?

The answer is to make a list of what could go wrong - things like laye disembarking dueto ???, traffic accident,  etc.  Then, if you are comfortable with that then book a fairly early flight..

My personal preference is to arrive a day early and leave a couple days after the cruise finishes.  Lots to see and do.  My DW hates stress. 

Usually we would stay the extra night, but given we don't know the timing of our PCR test on the cruise prior to disembarking which we will need for our flight home, we thought it would be safer to fly home same day. Unfortunately it's the only direct flight to Toronto offered that day.

Question for the group but more so for the US citizens:

We are on the August 14th APEX sailing and received our call from Celebrity today asking if we were vaccinated, which caused our wheels to begin turning.

Scenario: You fly all the way to ATH and discover you are positive when checked at the port or develop symptoms during the cruise and are tested positive or before disembarkation you discover that you are positive. 

What do you do?  Did you think of these situations before leaving for the cruise?  We took a cruise on the edge July 10th and did not really consider it because we could always drive home from FLL.

Just wondering if you had thought about it and had a plan in mind? I am not sure that we are prepared to spend 10-14 days in quarantine in Greece trying to get home.

Thoughts?

We got off the ship on the 17th so things might have changed since then, but we also had a 12:45 departure.  We left the ship at 8:45 and arrived at the airport around 9:45, the airport was very busy, but we got through relatively quickly. We had a private transfer, but there were several buses waiting at the terminal to take you to the airport.  It was the easiest debarkation we’ve had and the shoreside crew were very helpful.  Of course, things may have changed, you could end up in traffic, etc, so definitely do what you feel comfortable with, but that’s our experience if it’s helpful.

1 hour ago, Lane412000 said:

We are on the August 14th APEX sailing and received our call from Celebrity today asking if we were vaccinated, which caused our wheels to begin turning.

Scenario: You fly all the way to ATH and discover you are positive when checked at the port or develop symptoms during the cruise and are tested positive or before disembarkation you discover that you are positive. 

What do you do?  Did you think of these situations before leaving for the cruise?  We took a cruise on the edge July 10th and did not really consider it because we could always drive home from FLL.

Just wondering if you had thought about it and had a plan in mind? I am not sure that we are prepared to spend 10-14 days in quarantine in Greece trying to get home.

Thoughts?

My understanding is that if you test positive, you will be quarantined in a hotel with Greek government picking up the tab. The problem is that these hotels are full and families end up having to wait around at a random place until they find a hotel room

https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/07/22/travel-greek-govt-seeks-to-increase-quarantine-hotels-on-islands/

https://greekreporter.com/2021/07/18/covid-19-positive-traveler-homeless-mykonos-island-hotel/

8 hours ago, chickkypoo said:

Thanks!

You might want to recheck your dates! The cruise is September 18th! 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 9:52 PM, Lane412000 said:

Thoughts?

I'm a little late replying, but maybe it will help for others.  I had us all take covid tests prior to departure- for my peace of mind.  I also had trip insurance specifically for the instance of a covid quarantine prior to the cruise.  Until the end of October (?), if you test positive during the cruise or at the end of the cruise (testing on the last day), then Celebrity covers housing/transportation home and whatever that means- for the quarantine.  It's a roll of the dice as long as this Administration requires everyone, including vaccinated, to have a covid test before returning to the US.  

Side note, we had two positives on the last day.  One an unvaxed minor and a vax parent.  I am not sure about their traveling companions/friends- they retested and were negative, so not sure of quarantine requirements especially with exposed unvaxed kids- however, we were 2 hours late disembarking because of dealing with those two cases and the Greek authorities.  

On 7/28/2021 at 11:23 PM, ETHTrader said:

My understanding is that if you test positive, you will be quarantined in a hotel with Greek government picking up the tab. The problem is that these hotels are full and families end up having to wait around at a random place until they find a hotel room

https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/07/22/travel-greek-govt-seeks-to-increase-quarantine-hotels-on-islands/

https://greekreporter.com/2021/07/18/covid-19-positive-traveler-homeless-mykonos-island-hotel/

We were also told that you could quarantine in a 4/5 star hotel (had to have room service) if it met the Greeks authorization- not sure if that's on your dime though.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:57 AM, kayguz said:

We were also told that you could quarantine in a 4/5 star hotel (had to have room service) if it met the Greeks authorization- not sure if that's on your dime though.

I really hope so as those quaratnine hotels are an absolutely terrible and dirty.

What happens if your Antigen Test at the Terminal is Positive, do you get a "2nd Chance" by getting to do a PCR Test and if this is Negative you can board the ship?