Port Canaveral restaurants

camper49

My Royal cruise in November leaves from Port Canaveral.  I am staying at the SpringHill Suites right down the road from the port the night before.  Since check out will be by 11:00 AM that Saturday, but my boarding time may be a little later (2-3 hours), is it possible to park at the garage at the Royal terminal and have a reasonable walk over to Grills?  I will have a small carry-on type bag with me as it is only a 3 night cruise and I do not plan on checking a bag.  On Google maps, the street-level view makes it look reasonable, but these views can sometimes be deceiving.

Any info is appreciated.

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

My Royal cruise in November leaves from Port Canaveral.  I am staying at the SpringHill Suites right down the road from the port the night before.  Since check out will be by 11:00 AM that Saturday, but my boarding time may be a little later (2-3 hours), is it possible to park at the garage at the Royal terminal and have a reasonable walk over to Grills?  I will have a small carry-on type bag with me as it is only a 3 night cruise and I do not plan on checking a bag.  On Google maps, the street-level view makes it look reasonable, but these views can sometimes be deceiving.

Any info is appreciated.

Grills is right next door and is maybe 3-5 min walk up the sidewalk…

Edited by GTO-Girl

A related question: Is terminal 1 exclusively for RCCL? My flight from MCO doesn't depart until 5:30pm, so I'll have quite a bit of time to kill either at the port or at the airport. I expect prices will be more inflated inside the airport, and less opportunity to explore; so I'm leaning toward hanging out in PC for a bit. Probably not quite enough time to do a visit to KSC justice though.

It looks like Terminal 1 is super easy for getting to/from a bar/restaurant to kill some time, vs. those on the north side of the port seem to lack similar amenities, while (at least per Google Maps) crossing to the south side looks extremely pedestrian unfriendly.  

I'm on MSC. I know I could catch an Uber across if the don't dock at Terminal 1, and then zip back in another Uber to the Divina if I couldn't get my shuttle to pick me up by Terminal 1. Just hoping not to have to deal with those headaches if possible. 

T-1 is Royal's primary terminal. I've seen 'occasional visitors' aka ships in PC for a port call use T-1 but that's been when Royal wasn't scheduled ..... In the past Royal used T-1 Sunday Monday and Fri pretty much all the time

I pulled up the schedule for MSC in 21 and it appears they will be a regular for while ... short trips ... and I see some are days when T-1 would be occupied so my guess is they will NOT be at T-1 nor the new T-3 which has Carnival' as primary for Mardi G'

SO this suggests you'll be on the North side and no easy or foot access to the 'entertainment area'

I like Grills for their wings and fries.

And assuming you're not yourself on a ship sailing out, it's a great place to cruise ship watch at dinner time as each ship that day passes the restaurant heading out to sea, normally blowing their horn and everyone waving at each other!