Krka National Park from Zadar or Sibenik

Vineyard View

We will be in Zadar from 0800-20:00

We will be in Sibinik from 0800-17:00

In reading the journey highlights on Azamara Website, it recommends visiting Krka from Zadar with the long port day. When I look at distances from each port, Krka is a lot closer to Sibinik. Is there any reason not to visit from Sibinik?  Is the long port day in Zadar really designed with Krka visits in mind as what the port has to offer isn’t really indicative of that length of time (if that makes sense). 

I know this is a more of a roll call type question (nothing happening there) or ports section on CC (not really seeing anything on this there) so I appreciate some input from anyone who has experienced these ports and Krka. Thank you 

Haven't done Croatia intensively yet, but I have been researching it.  All the cruise lines and guidebooks I have seen link Krka with Šibenik [except Azamara, which shows it as an option for both Šibenik and Zadar].  Zadar seems to have more to do on its own to fill the day, while Šibenik is smaller and [especially because it's closer to Krka] easy to see after the morning tour to Krka.  That's my plan.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Haven't done Croatia intensively yet, but I have been researching it.  All the cruise lines and guidebooks I have seen link Krka with Šibenik [except Azamara, which shows it as an option for both Šibenik and Zadar].  Zadar seems to have more to do on its own to fill the day, while Šibenik is smaller and [especially because it's closer to Krka] easy to see after the morning tour to Krka.  That's my plan

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing. Sibenik seems to make so much more sense.

11 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing. Sibenik seems to make so much more sense.

We were on a Croatian intensive B2B in September, 2019. We had the choice of Sibenik to Krka on the first leg, and Zadar on

the second. As most are leaning, we chose the former.

Krka is quite fascinating but there was one problem. Our guide was averse to using “whisper systems” and the narrowness of bridges and trails meant that the group was well spread out and most out of earshot for considerable lengths of time. She seemed rather cavalier about that,

Unfortunately, if you encounter the same issue, and wish to hear the commentary, you may have to become rather aggressive to stay in the lead group.

I noted my concern in my comments but am not optimistic about a new policy.

We loved all of the ports on our itinerary.

Thank you Nordski. Your experience also answered another question in my mind and we will look for a private tour/driver.  

Now I wonder if Plitvik Lakes is worth visiting from Zadar - and if it makes sense to try to see both of these parks on this trip.