JiJi's Restaurant.....

monakayk

What did you have? Did you eat at the other specialty restaurants? We haven't cruised Carnival in 8  years or so, so are not familiar with their restaurants. We have pre purchased 

2 nights at the steakhouse and are planning on reserving the Asian and Italian as well. Is this a good idea, or should we wait until onboard to get dining packages? Will they adjust our price if we do it ahead of boarding? We are on the Sept. 4 Horizon, so any information is appreciated!

Just now, kaybeebee said:

What did you have? Did you eat at the other specialty restaurants? We haven't cruised Carnival in 8  years or so, so are not familiar with their restaurants. We have pre purchased 

2 nights at the steakhouse and are planning on reserving the Asian and Italian as well. Is this a good idea, or should we wait until onboard to get dining packages? Will they adjust our price if we do it ahead of boarding? We are on the Sept. 4 Horizon, so any information is appreciated!

I'm already picking out what I want lol

20210616_193015737.jpeg

20210616_193043749.jpeg

20210616_193105024.jpeg

Big fan of JiJi's and agree with the person who posted that it should be on more ships. The $15 charge is great value, especially when you compare it to the charge for the steakhouse. Just my opinion but JiJi's is the best speciality restaurant Carnival has.

It's free for lunch as the Mongolian Wok but you won't get the menu above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

Big fan of JiJi's and agree with the person who posted that it should be on more ships. The $15 charge is great value, especially when you compare it to the charge for the steakhouse. Just my opinion but JiJi's is the best speciality restaurant Carnival has.

It's free for lunch as the Mongolian Wok but you won't get the menu above.

I agree on JiJis.  We ate there twice on each of our last 2 Carnival cruises. (Steakhouse, Cucina, and DW's love of Elegant nights filled in the rest.) However, it does appear that the Mardi Gras is going to attempt some sort of Tex-Mex-Asian fusion style of a menu.  We'll probably give it s try, if it's still around when we get on board in 2023.

I had the pork belly app.  Not what I was expecting really. I didn’t know that it was not really meat but just basically fat.  There may have been a small sliver of meat but not much.  

I had Kung pao  chicken which was very nice.  

For dessert  I had cremebrulee which was meh. 

I would eat there again just for the entree.  

I have had the pork belly, duck, jasmine rice, noodles, fried rice, short rib, Kung POW chicken, sweet & sour shrimp and all of the desserts (wonton, crepe, creme brulee)

Scroll down to dinner time on these blogs as you can see my JiJi’s pictures.

https://saintgregtravel.com/vista-cozumel/

https://saintgregtravel.com/panorama-mazatlan/

https://saintgregtravel.com/panorama-2nd-sea-day/