Jump to content

What is your Style of Cream Cheese for your Breakfast needs........


Recommended Posts

I know in the Breakfast topic we talk about cream cheese for our mostly Breakfast needs.

 

I just saw a TV commercial about cream cheese and thought what style cream cheese do cruisers on land or sea like.

 

I know that cream cheese is used for toast, bagels, bagel w lox or smoked salmon to name a few uses. There is also solid or whipped like Philly's CC.

There is also favored cream cheese that deli's or private vendor have created like scallion, salmon, vegetable to name a few...

 

What Do You Like! Solid or Whipped?

Or Do You Also Like a Particular Flavored CC?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally prefer Whipped for Lox or Smoke Salmon.

 

Flavor locally made, I like Vegetable, Scallion, Cinn Raisin.

 

Sometimes I use CC for making Fruit/CC turnovers. A little in the puff pastry w a fruit jelly or puree. YUM!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2021 at 11:46 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

whipped like Philly's CC.

 

I am not a fan of cream cheese, but if I am eating a bagel, a smear of Philly would be OK. (And not fond of bagels either; I had a friend who called them "stale donuts".  I don't think they are that bad.)  Certainly with smoked salmon, some cream cheese would be good.

 

I sometimes bu pastries that have a "cheese" component, such as Cherry Cheese Danish.  I have never determined what type of "cheese" is used.  Could it be a cream cheese?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I am not a fan of cream cheese, but if I am eating a bagel, a smear of Philly would be OK. (And not fond of bagels either; I had a friend who called them "stale donuts".  I don't think they are that bad.)  Certainly with smoked salmon, some cream cheese would be good.

I sometimes bu pastries that have a "cheese" component, such as Cherry Cheese Danish.  I have never determined what type of "cheese" is used.  Could it be a cream cheese?  

No one know bagels better than New Yorkers. Done properly they are like feathers. Not bread like and not cake like. But like a Bagel. New Yorkers are lucky to have about 8 styles Plain, Onion, Egg, Garlic, Everything, Cinn Raisin, Rye, Pumpernickel to name the most common. Made right, they are like eating potato chips.

 

Cheese Danish do use a cheese like also our local bakery also make a Cheese ring (about 10"). I have ask my bakery friend get back to this question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

No one know bagels better than New Yorkers. Done properly they are like feathers. Not bread like and not cake like. But like a Bagel. New Yorkers are lucky to have about 8 styles Plain, Onion, Egg, Garlic, Everything, Cinn Raisin, Rye, Pumpernickel to name the most common. Made right, they are like eating potato chips.

 

Cheese Danish do use a cheese like also our local bakery also make a Cheese ring (about 10"). I have ask my bakery friend get back to this question.

Nothing better than a well made bagel.  They can be found in NY, Boston, Portland and Montreal.  Give me an everything with smoked salmon, whipped cream cheese and sliced onion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Nothing better than a well made bagel.  They can be found in NY, Boston, Portland and Montreal.  Give me an everything with smoked salmon, whipped cream cheese and sliced onion.

Make that for Two (2) with a Proper Cup of Coffee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 12:36 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

Cheese Danish do use a cheese like also our local bakery also make a Cheese ring (about 10"). I have ask my bakery friend get back to this question.

 

I am interested in what you learn.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 12:36 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

No one know bagels better than New Yorkers. Done properly they are like feathers. Not bread like and not cake like. But like a Bagel. New Yorkers are lucky to have about 8 styles Plain, Onion, Egg, Garlic, Everything, Cinn Raisin, Rye, Pumpernickel to name the most common. Made right, they are like eating potato chips.

 

Cheese Danish do use a cheese like also our local bakery also make a Cheese ring (about 10"). I have ask my bakery friend get back to this question.

 

Most cheese fillings for danish and coffeecakes nowadays are made with a cream cheese type filling (and in most in-store bakeries, it is a premade product that comes from a bakery supplier).

 

But the old-fashioned bakeries often used something called baker's cheese, which is similar to farmer's cheese. It is a fresh, soft, uncurded cheese with a light tang. Where I worked many years ago, we made the filling by adding sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla to baker's cheese. It was also used in many old-fashioned cheesecake recipes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love creamed cheese🙂...and lox and bagels...........yummy!

 

Hi CGT.......and BB and RKA..........hope all of you are doing well. I was on a cruise to the Greek Islands and have been home a week........this land thing? Give me the water any day.  I didn't realize how much I missed cruising until I got back from this cruise. I have been home since last Sunday.......and this week I stepped out of that land box and booked another cruise. Going to Alaska next month🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lois R said:

I love creamed cheese🙂...and lox and bagels...........yummy!

 

Hi CGT.......and BB and RKA..........hope all of you are doing well. I was on a cruise to the Greek Islands and have been home a week........this land thing? Give me the water any day.  I didn't realize how much I missed cruising until I got back from this cruise. I have been home since last Sunday.......and this week I stepped out of that land box and booked another cruise. Going to Alaska next month🙂

Hi Lois, i am doing very well since my triple bypass four weeks ago.  I followed your cruise on Silversea…good reading…wished I was there.  They say the quickest way to get over cruise withdrawal is to book another cruise…lol.

 

So who is cruising next??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...