Venice cruises

Gpilon

I’m wondering if anyone has heard any further “rumblings” about Regent possibly bypassing Venice or re-routing to a different port. We have a hold on Explorer April 10, Rome to Venice with the last two days being there, but if it gets re-routed outside Venice, the itinerary has a lack of appeal to us. At this point, we are looking to remove the hold so would very much appreciate any comments or “insider” information. 

Don't think there is insider information available right now. Regent might not know more than what we know and, if I would be them, I'd be concentrating on getting the ships back in line. 

With Venice, we are dealing not only with Venice and local jurisdiction, but with the Italian Government. And, depending on who's in charge next year and what election has been taken place...who knows. 
If your heart is set on Venice... I'd be concerned and might want to change venues, maybe not visiting it via a cruise...or if the ships leave from Ravenna, fly in a few days earlier and visit Venice.  On the other hand...(and that's my humble opinion), I found Venice overrated, overpriced and overcrowded.  On the two trips, Regent had put us up at the JW Marriot on a small island...lovely...very relaxing. Took the shuttle boat to Venice... and then back and relaxed on the hotel grounds...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gcto said:

Don't think there is insider information available right now. Regent might not know more than what we know and, if I would be them, I'd be concentrating on getting the ships back in line. 

With Venice, we are dealing not only with Venice and local jurisdiction, but with the Italian Government. And, depending on who's in charge next year and what election has been taken place...who knows. 
If your heart is set on Venice... I'd be concerned and might want to change venues, maybe not visiting it via a cruise...or if the ships leave from Ravenna, fly in a few days earlier and visit Venice.  On the other hand...(and that's my humble opinion), I found Venice overrated, overpriced and overcrowded.  On the two trips, Regent had put us up at the JW Marriot on a small island...lovely...very relaxing. Took the shuttle boat to Venice... and then back and relaxed on the hotel grounds...

One of the things that is hard to get these days is any insider information. I mean I have noticed it last year already. Its quite frustrating when you cant keep the pace with the information flow and have to trust any news source which is not always reliable

We decided to pull the hold off this cruise as there are so many uncertainties going forward. Also flights were another issue for us as Venice to Savannah would require 2 stops as opposed to just 1 that we hoped for. Suite 901 is now available!