On Board COVID testing

arkansastraveler

16 minutes ago, arkansastraveler said:

Has anyone seen any indication that Oceania has facilities to do on board COVID testing similar to what Viking is doing? I believe a negative test would be needed to return to the US.  I would prefer to have that in hand when departing from the ship. 

Shouldn’t be a problem - we are aboard Seabourn Ovation next week - they will test us at embarkation and again a day before departure to the US. 

When I spoke to customer service a week or so ago, they said they would have everything needed for return to the US and compliance with countries being visited.

Viking advertises itself as the only cruise line with onboard PCR testing facilities.  Oceania vaguely refers to onboard viral testing but I can’t get any specifics.  They are offering it for disembarkation, but they may send it out.  I am sure we’ll get more reports once cruises reopen next month.

Edited by hehny

On 7/19/2021 at 2:30 PM, arkansastraveler said:

Has anyone seen any indication that Oceania has facilities to do on board COVID testing similar to what Viking is doing? I believe a negative test would be needed to return to the US.  I would prefer to have that in hand when departing from the ship. 

It shouldn't be too hard for them to set up a half dozen or so PCR machines. The cost is cheap, about $1000 for each one

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

It shouldn't be too hard for them to set up a half dozen or so PCR machines. The cost is cheap, about $1000 for each one

I see you are on the Jan 28 2022 Riviera sailing.  We are too.  Also from Montgomery County.

• Like 1