Bring your own water?

On 7/20/2021 at 3:05 PM, LeeW said:

In your cruise planner select the beverages tab and look at the bottom.  Dasani water package.  On our cruise shows $15 plus I assume 18% gratuity.

Thank you but mine doesn't have it there.  Can't find it anywhere.

Please read the details if you purchase the Dasani water package. The package I booked is for cans of water, not bottles. Not quite as convenient as a resealable bottle you can carry on a shore excursion. 

I purchased it through Cruise planner for a September 2021 cruise (still questionable) . I also have a cruise booked for April 2022 from the same port and there is no water package listed in that Cruise planner. 

2 hours ago, mistshar said:

Thank you but mine doesn't have it there.  Can't find it anywhere.

Once in the Cruise Planner for your specific cruise, it would appear as so....  your price may vary depending on specific cruise, etc. 

image.png.48f4e694fcc3b3af1defb2ae8cd8ab67.png

On 7/21/2021 at 1:58 PM, DCPIV said:

That is not correct.  I just looked at the cruise planner for an upcoming sailing.  The 12-bottle Dasani package is $15+gratuity.  When I added it to the cart, it was $11+gratuity (I believe I get a discount because of C&A level)  The 24-bottle package was $17+gratuity in the cart (again, I may have a discount).

Weighed against the hassle of bringing water on board, I'm calling that "a few bucks."

I wonder why I can't get it to come up on my Planner.  Everything else is there but no water.

21 hours ago, mets07 said:

Once in the Cruise Planner for your specific cruise, it would appear as so....  your price may vary depending on specific cruise, etc. 

image.png.48f4e694fcc3b3af1defb2ae8cd8ab67.png

It has the coffee on the left but doesn't have the water.  Weird!

13 hours ago, SRF said:

Not showing on our April cruise either.

1 hour ago, mistshar said:

It has the coffee on the left but doesn't have the water.  Weird!

Interesting. I wonder if a timing thing and it eventually shows up? 

This thread went downhill quickly. Why are people so up in arms about water!

So has anyone recently taken on board nonalcoholic beverages? I'm interested in taking Mountain Dew.  The FAQ says ok, but the eDocs for my August Symphony cruise says no. I guess I'll try regardless. But really does anyone have any experience? Seen it done? THIS year? Thank you.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:46 PM, mugtech said:

Just went to a local hospital and all the drinking fountains were capped and not allowed to be used.  I stopped in at the cafe and they were selling bottled water @ $1.90 each.  Had to look out the window to make sure I wasn't on a cruise. 

I just spent the last two weeks as a visitor in a local hospital.  Drinking fountains are capped, but fill-your-own dispensers are available at no charge.  

Ship tap water is probably as pure as water can be, and we think it tastes really good.

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2021 at 5:29 PM, tiger-91 said:

So has anyone recently taken on board nonalcoholic beverages? I'm interested in taking Mountain Dew.  The FAQ says ok, but the eDocs for my August Symphony cruise says no. I guess I'll try regardless. But really does anyone have any experience? Seen it done? THIS year? Thank you.

I can confirm that when boarding symphony last Sunday I was able to bring in my carry-on two bottles of wine and twelve 16.9 FL Oz bottles of mountain dew. No personal inspection or questions at the scanner.  Passed right on through. Port of Miami

On 7/31/2021 at 3:29 PM, tiger-91 said:

On August 15 Allure we brought on one case of water, 2 bottles of wine, and a 4 pack of red bull.

I think a lot of the people who responded to this question didnt read it. All the person asked was if they can bring it or not. They didn't want your thoughts about drinking bottled water or comments pertaining to the financial aspects. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, artvlay said:

I think a lot of the people who responded to this question didnt read it. All the person asked was if they can bring it or not. They didn't want your thoughts about drinking bottled water or comments pertaining to the financial aspects. 

It wouldn't be CC if people just answered the question asked.😉

Edited by sparks1093

20 hours ago, Sianli said:

On August 15 Allure we brought on one case of water, 2 bottles of wine, and a 4 pack of red bull.

What size were the bottles of water? I know its kid of a strange question, but I am kid of strange  lol 

On 7/20/2021 at 4:52 PM, Travelling2Some said:

I've never bothered to bring water/soda before but sometimes it's not about the money.  Rather it can be because the cruise line does not stock something you prefer to drink.  Example:  I drink gin and tonics BUT I'm doing KETO now, which means that I want DIET tonic.  (And, yes, you can drink alcohol on KETO).  While I'm sure the ship will have plenty of gin, I doubt they will have diet tonic.  It can be hard to find even on land.  Since our next cruise is from our home port I am considering bringing it for the first time.

Tonic ruins the taste of the gin. Swirl an olive around in it and save yourself the hassle.... hiccup...

On 7/20/2021 at 4:03 AM, ReneeFLL said:

From Royals website. It needs to be in your carry-on.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted.”

Unless something has changed in the last 2+ years, if you contact RCCL special needs department, you can get distilled water for free delivered, unlike other cruise lines.

I know the OP was posting about bringing bottled water onboard, but just wanted to make the clarification that there is no need to drag distilled water on board.