Formal Night - Shoes on Princess.

Having looked at a recent thread about shoes on cruises, I wondered how many people wear flat, Sketcher type shoes on formal nights.

Being an over packer, I tend to take one pair of high heeled court shoes..think they are called heeled pumps in USA..(but pumps are trainers or daps where we live, ) black mid heeled sandals, and a pair of metallic wedges for smart casual nights.

Am not clever enough to post photos, but would love to see what you wear if you are able to post photos.

I wear flats.......they are not "Skecher types" but more in the style of a black ballet flat. Or I wear a black sandal with a lower heel. This looks like a pair I own. 

Black Suede

• Like 2

I also own these......they are Naot and are very comfy........I brought these with me on my recent cruise.......I just sailed to Greece and got home on Sunday night.

image.jpeg.dc1b0759d07e170b1baaa8089ad4091f.jpeg

• Like 1

My shoes for all evenings are similar-heeled to Gotta's.  Slightly chunky, mid-height, but for my feet, a bit more closed in, especially around the heel.

I pack one or two pairs.  I try to plan my dresses to coordinate with the shoes I select for that cruise. Several go best with black shoes, several with silver/grey, a few with red, etc.

I cannot wear heels any longer (too many foot surgeries). I have an issue with swelling so do bring at least 2 different styles for evening (depending how foot cooperates). One pool flip flop (also my day shoe) the closed in Sketcher I wear on plane & depending on excursions my Keen sandals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

I cannot wear heels any longer (too many foot surgeries). I have an issue with swelling so do bring at least 2 different styles for evening (depending how foot cooperates). One pool flip flop (also my day shoe) the closed in Sketcher I wear on plane & depending on excursions my Keen sandals

Same here (are we sure we weren't separated at birth?).   My cowboy boots are the highest heel I wear now, and I can only wear those for a little while, if I am sitting.  Otherwise, I'm sneaker-height shoes/boots or my Teva sandals.  

I wobble a bit, anyway - I can be standing still and "fall off" my tennis shoes, I can't imagine wearing any kind of heel on a ship with the possibiity of rolling seas 😮

On 7/20/2021 at 3:50 PM, Lois R said:

I wear flats.......they are not "Skecher types" but more in the style of a black ballet flat. Or I wear a black sandal with a lower heel. This looks like a pair I own. 

Black Suede

My black flats are very similar to these but they aren't Vionics. They are very comfortable and I wear them for evenings -- both dressy casual and the more dressy evenings (different cruise lines call them different things now but most avoid the term "formal" as the clothing requirements are far from formal any longer....)

• 2 weeks later...