Changed cabin without agreement

Roadlamp

I am still quite concerned about the business practices of Vantage.  I am hoping that someone can help me navigate this one.  We booked a cruise with Vantage for autumn of 2022.  At the time of booking I was told that I could have cabin #708.  Over the last few months, my online reservation information disappeared.  Most of it has reappeared.  As I checked my reservation, my cabin number has been changed to #621.  I sent an email requesting my original cabin, I was informed that cabin #708 is no longer in this category.

What might my option be?

1.  Ask for a full refund, because they changed my reservation?

2.  Ask for a price reduction, because they changed my reservation?

This below is a quote from Vantage's terms and conditions.

"Vantage, at its option, may substitute accommodations of an equal or superior class or provide a full refund of the fare actually paid by you for such cruise, or substitute accommodations of a lower class and provide a refund of the difference, if any, between the booked class and the substitute class for such cruise, but Vantage shall not incur any other liability for failure to provide the reserved berth. "

Vantage is giving me a cabin that is the same category in some respects, but only because they are changing the designations.  My reserved room has been upgraded to another category evidently, but that is not currently reflected on their webpage.  

C'mon, Vantage.  Why do you keep trying to drive your loyal customers away by treating them like this!  I wish someone would call me from Vantage so we can discuss these issues.  My invoice is still not available online either!

Interesting...I looked at a different page of the online deck plan and in some instances Vantage has "rebranded" their cabins.  The one I had booked originally is $400 per person more than the cabin they are now giving us.

I had somewhat the same issue (although from the other side) with a theatre subscription quite a while ago. Our subscription seats were in the first row of the second price tier. One year, they changed the boundaries of the price tiers (extending the most expensive seats) and our seats were now in the first price tier. Without saying anything, they invoiced us for the higher price, without giving us the option to move our seats.

That said, what they are doing to you is much worse. You booked that cabin at one price, and now they tell you that you can't have it because it is more expensive. They OUGHT to accept that you booked a cabin and a cabin class that were valid at the time.

23 hours ago, Roadlamp said:

Im waiting for a response from Vantage.  I'm probably being too optimistic to hope that customer oriented response!

Hello Roadlamp: Thank you for posting this newest thread. First, our apologies regarding your prior contacts with us attempting to get this resolved to your satisfaction. For guests in your similar situation whose cabin assignment was moved due a recent recategorization of our Ocean Explorer and Ocean Odyssey vessels, Vantage is in the process of assigning guests back to their originally assigned cabin. You can log into your My Portfolio Account and see that your cabin assignment is back to #708. We do hope this is the “Customer Oriented Response” you were seeking and look forward to welcoming you on board our Ocean Explorer in September of 2022!

• Like 4

Let me translate the message from Vantage: 

"OOPS, we thought we could quietly do this to you without you not noticing until it was too late.  I guess since you caught us, we'll put you back into your original cabin, lest you bad-mouth us all over social media (though I guess you'd have the right to!).  Sorry, no harm no fowl???"

• Like 1

Dear Vantage,

Many thanks for doing the right thing.  You are giving us more reason to hope that you come out of the COVID doldrums and again offer quality travel experiences as you have in the past.

• Like 4

On 7/21/2021 at 1:19 PM, VantageDeluxeWorldTravel said:

Hello Roadlamp: Thank you for posting this newest thread. First, our apologies regarding your prior contacts with us attempting to get this resolved to your satisfaction. For guests in your similar situation whose cabin assignment was moved due a recent recategorization of our Ocean Explorer and Ocean Odyssey vessels, Vantage is in the process of assigning guests back to their originally assigned cabin. You can log into your My Portfolio Account and see that your cabin assignment is back to #708. We do hope this is the “Customer Oriented Response” you were seeking and look forward to welcoming you on board our Ocean Explorer in September of 2022!

Good job Vantage!

• Like 2